“We liked it!”

Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Our family thought the food was good, wine was OK and the price was a little high but nothing unusual for Europe tourist areas. The server was friendly and the service was good, we rarely had to wait for someone to help us when we needed or wanted something and they were very nice even when it was clear they wanted to close and leave they let us keep the table for a few extra minutes. It was a quiet and peaceful lunch and I would go back to this place again.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

We were told by (Italian) friends about this restaurant, so when we visited Murano we decided to have lunch there.

We sat outside, in Campo San Stefano, under some umbrellas that thankfully kept out the sun. Service was pleasant and friendly (not what you normally expect in Venice!!!) and fairly quick.

We had a couple of starters: my wife liked the prosciutto & melon she had (old favourite of hers), but I was somewhat underwhelmed by the "typical Venetian starter". Wasn't too bad, wasn't brilliant.

As a main course the kids had spaghetti al ragu which they loved (and which tasted very good, I have to add). We went for seafood-related dishes: spaghetti with lobster and spaghetti with prawns and tomato sauce. Both were very tasty, however the lobster tail was a bit overcooked (and it was actually half a small lobster on the plate, so hands got quite a bit dirty). The prawns were very big - nearly small crayfish.

Total cost including soft drinks (no wine/beer) was 112€ which seems a bit expensive for what we ate, but is actually within the usual cost of a restaurant in Venice. It also includes the 12% service charge that ALL restaurants in Venice seem to charge.

Did I enjoy eating there? Definitely, I enjoyed it and was glad we sat down there.

Would I go again? I wouldn't "pop over" to Murano only to eat here, but if I was visiting the island for other reasons I might visit. Unless I got some other recommendation that I felt like trying!

Reviewed 26 May 2017

My wife and I had the small Venetian appetizer that consisted of baby prawns, a whitefish pate of some sort, polenta and scallops. The scallops were absolutely the best of the group, but all four were quite good. For some, this appetizer would be a meal in itself, but since we split it, we still had room for Gnocchi with crab and a special sea bass (busa style). The Gnocchi was very filling and tender and took on the taste of the crab sauce. The sea bass was absolutely perfect and served under a green sauce with what I assume was a sort of creamed green bean meledy with cabbage on the side. Both main courses were excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant, but I'd be tempted to eat outside where there might be a breeze. We ate inside and by the end of the meal (Which in Italian tradition lasted around 1 1/2 to 2 hours) we were both a bit overcome with the heat in the room. That seems to be very Italian as well however as it has been warm most every place we have gone during this trip. Still, an excellent final lunch for this two week trip to Italy. Be aware as this is only open at lunch. Total meal with 1/2 liter of white wine and bottle of water was around 53 Euro.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

We did not read TripAdvisor reviews before going here but I was surprised to see all the good reviews here after the experience we had at this restaurant.
We went here because we were hungry and needed to eat. I ordered the "menu" for €15.5 which consisted of pasta, fried calamari and salad. My husband ordered crab ravioli for €12.5. Our jaw dropped when we saw his dish. There was maybe 7-8 pieces of pasta which tasted salty canned tuna instead of fresh crab. Less then what you get out of a canned ravioli. I felt so sorry for him so I changed my "menu" and requested fries instead of salad so he could eat more. My menu was not great either. Pasta was mediocre, calamari was also a few pieces and we shared the fries. My pic shows the amount of calamari I got. I haven't touched it before taking the pic.
Waiter was not attentive, had to ask for the bill a few times. There was another surprise on the bill. We were aware of the 12% service charge but on top of that there was a €1.5 cover charge for the menu. I would not ever eat here again and would not recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

The restaurant is in the nice square, I would definitely recommend to sit on the terrace outside. Service was OK, food also, lots of choices on the menu. If you want to have a lunch or dinner on the Murano island, you can try this place, nothing wrong with it.