Wahoo Bay Beach Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$79
US$72
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

Moulin Sur Mer(Montrouis)
Palm Inn(Port-au-Prince)
La Maison Hotel(Port-au-Prince)
US$80
US$68
All reviewswahooport au princemission tripday passplantainspancakesgrilled conchstunning locationstay at this hotel againpaddle boardsgoatfood was greatvisit haitihaitian foodmedical missionafter a long daymission team
Reviewed 2 February 2018

Good location. Nice beach. Comfortable bar and restaurant. The hotel attracts day visitors so there are more visitors during daylight hours. Good value and basic amenities. Pool with a view and well maintained rooms. Free WiFi.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BEIreland
Reviewed 28 January 2018

I have visited Wahoo Bay for beach breaks in the past, but this was the first time I stayed on property overnight. I was only there one night, as I arrived after most of my group. They had stayed 4 nights before I arrived and seemed happy with everything. The grounds are kept very well, the beach is beautiful and the rooms were updated and clean. The included breakfast left a little bit to be desired with very cheesy eggs and cardboard pancakes...but the coffee was strong and hot! Dinner (not included) was great, but does take a while to be prepared so we ordered ahead of tie, took our time showering and getting cleaned up, and then went down to eat. I was disappointed they were out of Goat (a yummy traditional Haitian dish) but the garlic shrimp, rice and beans and Pickliz was great! The staff was very friendly and helpful and helped us print out some paperwork we needed for our mission work at a local orphanage. We were also able to save some money by adding a 3rd bed in the room so we could split the cost 3 ways...other hotels in the area would not allow this. I did not use any of the other amenities the resort has to offer, but overall I was happy with the stay and would stay again. Great value for the price and a beautiful view and break from Port-Au-Prince.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Always refreshing. Team enjoyed the beach, pool, smoothies, and menu. It was great to see the grilled lobster on the menu again.

The facility tends to be overcrowded by large mission organizations in the summer packing the place to capacity. Last Friday wasnt too bad. Only about 150 were there.

It can be a needed break for small mission organizations.

We never had a case of food poisoning or GI issues at Wahoo.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Rent jet skis, snorkel, water trampolines, cabanas, beach volleyball, excellent traditional Haitian food and THE BEST SMOOTHIES!!!! Pineapple is the best in my opinion and the frappes :)

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I along with a friend visited here for a Sunday.

We arrived around 11am as it can get busy if you want a nice chair in the shade.

We went snorkelling which is best if you either rent a boat and go to the reef, or turn right from the beach and go along the large rocks on shore. There was the odd jellyfish but easy to see and swim around.

You can almost just sit and people watch at the beach but can also swim out to a floating dock and blow up tubes.

Last time we walked along beach to the public beach for lunch, but this time we ha a late lunch at the Wahoo Bay restaurant.

There are servers who come to your beach chairs and take drink and food orders. Many people eat on the beach. You need to take some cash for the day, plus it is $15 US to access the beach and the activities. We felt it was well worth it.

And we ran into a bunch of fellow Canadians :)

All of our meals were good, and I quite enjoyed my lambi Creole (conch).

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple