“Colombaio di Barbara”

and 1 more site!
Agriturismo Il Colombaio di Barbara
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Set in a nice rural location in Tuscany. I like the area and there is a small supermarket and several restaurants a short drive away. You will need a car for this one. The room we had was up a narrow steep flight of stairs. Not easy with siutcases. The bed was pretty bad. Very hard, wobbly and uncomfortable.
Breakfast was nice and the young man who served it was so friendly and wanted to please us. The pool was nice for a cool off in the aternoon. We were not very well informed on arrival about the area and local sites. Nor were we given a wi fi password. Better greeting and informatio on arrival would be nice.
The place is very old which has appeal if you like that type of accomodation. It needs better cleaning and insect screens so the air is fresher especially in the bathroom.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Oldnomad1959
Barbara V, Proprietario at Agriturismo Il Colombaio di Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you for your review and thank you for your suggestions.
My son and I send to you our best regards.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

We had a great stay at Barbara's place in June 2017. She was very welcoming when we first arrived and provided good instructions to get from the main road to the B&B (don't follow google maps!) which is off the beaten track.

The rooms and B&B are very stylish and we loved the art in and around the buildings. We stayed in the Lovers Room which was large and comfortable. The gardens are great to relax in and at night you can see the fireflies.

This place is perfect if you want to get away for some relaxation. We enjoyed playing with Barbara's dogs on a daily basis!

The breakfast provided is simple but was just what we needed.

On our first day we arrange with Barbara to do a ceramics class which was the highlight of our stay! Barbara was a great teacher and we had so much fun making vases with her. I would highly recommend taking the class for anyone who stays here - inexpensive with a good teacher.

Finally the location was very convenient - there are some nice restaurants nearby along with a supermarket in a neighbouring town. The main Tuscan sites and beautiful countryside are all all within relatively short drives.

Overall Barbara was a great host and we would definitely recommend staying at her Agritourism B&B.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Barbara V, Proprietario at Agriturismo Il Colombaio di Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Hello, thank you for your revew and to choose us for your holiday in Tuscany Siena.
It was very nice meeting you and your boyfriend and do pottery togheder.
Looking forward to meet you again!
Best regards

Reviewed 11 June 2017

The garden ad flowers are astonishing. Woke up in the morning and sipped the fresh smell of air and plants. Heard the birds singing.
However, the coffee was not ready, and later the breakfast was rather monastic and quite old.
While mother nature blessed this place with abundance, the owner should give more attention to details.

Room Tip: Bring some sandwiches and jump back a century.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Barbara V, Proprietario at Agriturismo Il Colombaio di Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

thank you for your review and thak you that you cois us for you Holiday.
sorry if I give to you the feeling that I was no much time in the reception and the breakfast was not so rich. In the days you was here my helper was sik and I was full of thinks to do.
I will take more care, and I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

The setting is beautiful and the house is gorgeous. Unfortunately the host was rude to us because we got a good deal through hotels.com due to the low season (a better price she herself put on that site). We were made to feel uncomfortable during the stay and were not provided breakfast (which was provided free to other guests and was part of the contracted price) and toiletries in the bathroom. The room also did not have a private bathroom as was advertised. I would stay again in a similar house in Tuscany however would avoid this particular host. I would give 1 star to the host and 4 stars for the house and setting.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Hello Nick,
I am sorry that I give to you the impression that I was unfriendy. We have many special offers all hear long and I am sure it was not for you that i did not feel good.
I the time you was here I was sik for few days,I had fever and Others sinmtoms.
I will take care to comunicat to the guest in future when I am a little sik. I am very sorry for the misunderstantding.
I hope that one day i can offer to you better and more friendly accomodation.
Best regards

Reviewed 10 July 2016

Barbara replied to all my questions patiently with details even before I booked the place. I did not have a car but I got there without any problem. Barbara picked me up from the bus stop at Rosia. I left with a taxi to Sienna that cost 34 Euros. It was not bad. I loved the room, the decorations, the gardens and the dogs. It was so relaxing to just sit at the garden to enjoy the view. I am lucky to have found this place.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torri
6.1 km away
Agriturismo Siena Rinidia Bio
#1 of 5 in San Rocco a Pilli
30.5 km away
Poderi Arcangelo Agriturismo Farmhouse
Poderi Arcangelo Agriturismo Far...
#11 of 108 in San Gimignano

Been to Agriturismo Il Colombaio di Barbara? Share your experiences!