All reviewsclose to the airportquito airporthumming birdsla jimenitahis sonminutes from the airportbeautiful propertynext morningstayed longerbird watchinginternational airportflight pathbetween flightstwo nightsextensive groundshome away from homerooms are spacious
Reviewed 12 March 2015

This hotel has a huge outdoor area with lots of great activities and close to the airport. I wish we had more time to explore the property. The rooms and staff were great. The road to the hotel is definitely hard to find and a bit rough but the hotel is worth it.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Jason_DJ
Reviewed 9 March 2015

Okay, first location. You will hear overhead airplanes, but they do not run all night. The good part of this is you are 15 minutes from the airport in a country atmosphere so do not have to get up quite so early for the first flights out. The airport from downtown Quito in rush hour after 7 am can take up to two hours to get to the airport. If you get through the brand new tunnel before 7 am, the trip is about 40 minutes; at 7 am, the tunnel becomes one way into downtown for workers.

The hotel corresponded by email readily with us in English. We arranged a shuttle to and from the airport and that went smoothly. You could stay several days here just to enjoy Ecuador. The property is an old family farm, now run by a grandson. There are trails to wander on and scenery to view. The hacienda itself is the original home, complete with all types of old décor items. We enjoyed our cocktail by the fireplace while our meal was prepared. Dinner in a several table area is based on fresh produce from the property. No restaurants are in this farm/local residential area if you have no car. We had to leave before the included breakfast hour. There are several tourist attractions you could visit as day trips. Wifi is available. Lodging was clean and I imagine each room would be unique. Ours had the shower/bath area down some steps inside the room. The hotel is perfect if you aren’t looking for a Marriott type location.

3  Thank wjlral
Reviewed 7 March 2015

My husband and I stayed at this beautiful Hacienda for 4 days / 3 nights after one week in the Galápagos. We received a very warm welcome from Ferris Francoise and Miya, two ' full of character ' French bulldogs that led us into the beautiful architecturally designed Ecuadorean reception.
We met Diego ( son ) and Daniel ( father ) their kind hospitality is very memorable. Father and son were very helpful and generous with their time. Diego accommodated us to help arrange day trips and Diego with wonderful nighttime walks and talks about the history of the beautiful acreage and trails and most of all the mysterious archeological tunnel. Very close to the airport ideal as a home base point for other extensions to Galápagos, Amazon etc....The food was very good , homemade soup was excellent...can't find any better...we will definitely go back...they take you in and treat you like family.... Great for couples, family, singles... If you love nature, foliage, hummingbirds etc highly recommend hiking the trails on the property..... ((( CHEERS !!!)))

Room Tip: All rooms beautiful....
2  Thank Christine H
Reviewed 6 March 2015

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights in February 2015 - such a peaceful and relaxing experience - enjoyed the gardens and grounds - found everyone to be so helpful.
Convenient to the airport. Each room is unique and has great character. Food good - great fruit juices.

Room Tip: all rooms unique
1  Thank Nelson123422
Reviewed 5 March 2015

I really wanted a glimpse of a traditional hacienda with a bit of Ecuadorian culture and I definitely got my wish. My travel agent tried to discourage me from booking with La Jimenita, but I convinced her otherwise and was glad that I did.

The property and grounds are lovely. There are at least two observation towers with fantastic views of the valley and Quito in the distance. There were lots of trails and a cool Incan tunnel that one can tour. Unfortunately, due to a sprained ankle I wasn't able to explore as much as I'd like; however, what I did see was worth the effort. The hacienda has very welcoming comfortable lounge with a roaring file and two adorable French bulldogs to entertain guests. Also, the hacienda was a real family home and is filled with interesting artifacts and family treasures. Diego was a gracious host and devoted a lot of his time to tell us the history of his house and family. He also switched our room to accommodate my ankle injury. The onsite restaurant in the hacienda was quite tasty and easily accommodated my vegetarian diet.

Our room was large and had quaint touches, but the bathroom was completely modern. There was WiFi in our room, but no television (which was fine). The main hacienda has a DirectTV if that's a necessity for you. It's worth mentioning that the room had no central heat, but Diego brought us hot water bottles and there were heavy comforters so being cold was not an issue.

We stayed one night on our way back to the states from the Galapagos. It was convenient and easy to get to the airport the next day. The road to the hacienda is not great, but it was passable. They seem to be improving it and hopefully it will get better.

Overall we really enjoyed the stay and would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family