US$46
US$32
US$56
Coco Mango's Place(Danao)(Great Value!)
US$28
  • Free Internet
US$19
Agoda.com
US$17
Orbitz.com
US$25
Alona Grove Tourist Inn(Danao)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$44
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe ground floorminute walkwalking distance from the beachfun diversenclosed areaalona beachbudget hotellonger routeshort cutthe hotel is cleanbreakfast choicesnice poolfirst floorbalconywifiboholphilippines
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Stayed for one week in September.
If you have children under 5 avoid rooms on the upper floor as the staircase is very steep. The ground floor rooms have a private enclosed area which have swing doors leading out into the communal areas. The swing doors are suspended on very strong springs so if you have young children this is another place you will need to keep a careful eye on them to prevent injury. It would be better if these swing doors had a lock to prevent young children wandering out, and a latch to hold them open securely so young children can get in and out safely.

You are not permitted to do laundry in the room or to hang wet laundry outside your room and there are signs on the wall to remind you of this rule. I don't know why a retractable washing line cannot be put in the shower room so that some essential laundry can be done without the need to have unsightly laundry hanging outside on view.
Nice and peaceful location, the short cut to the beach was not available due to construction work at a nearby site and which entailed a long walk around the main highway and through Alona resort.

Room was very basic but clean

Breakfast was disappointing, a choice of omelette with a maximum of two fillings allowed or a cheap fried breakfast. No fresh fruit, orange squash (not orange juice), no cereal, no oatmeal, no yoghurt and cheap sweetened supermarket processed bread. I have read the other reviews saying the breakfast was good and that influenced me to book the hotel, however I can say that the breakfast is not good at all. I complained to the reception only to be told the manager was off on sick leave and the owner was overseas. They did try and accommodate me and bought me oatmeal however they had no idea how to prepare it (which is probably one of the easiest meals to prepare). 10 out of 10 for effort, the staff really did try their best. They even brought me apples and mangoes the following day. It is a shame because with a little bit of effort and know how they could prepare a really delicious breakfast that could be outstanding. I ended up buying a carton of pasteurised orange juice myself, bringing it to breakfast each morning so I could enjoy the juice with my breakfast. There is a artisan style bakery about 5 minutes from the hotel that could provide them with freshly made wholesome bread each day which would make a huge difference.

Nice pool and communal grounds, with a bit of painting and tile replacement needed in certain areas. Kitchen is not open for lunches or dinner (at least not during my stay) which means a walk out of the hotel each day for meals other than breakfast.

This is another resort which is a bit tired looking and begging for a bit of loving care and attention. With a bit of attention to detail, proper on site management and some investment the place could be a really outstanding place for a vacation. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, I just got the impression that they need some effective direction and management.

Room Tip: ensure you get a ground floor room if you have young children
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2017

I stayed here for 6 nights with my wife. The first room we were in had a faulty air con, I had been out diving all day and did not get back in until 9pm. When I informed them they immediately moved us to a better room. A nice view overlooking the pool. Free breakfast is a nice touch. Rooms were clean and fairly spacious.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank John P
Reviewed 15 May 2017

Even prior to my stay, the staff made sure they responded to all my questions. They also answered with honesty and not with the sole purpose of profit -- I asked about airport transfers, they gave me the option to book a shuttle from the hotel at P600 or get a tricycle for half the price. I informed them I was arriving late at night and they made sure I was traveling safely and that my room was ready once I get there. Check-in was also a breeze.

The hotel room was big and spacey. It was clean, except for the floors that felt a bit sandy/dusty. I booked for a queen bed, but ended up in a room with two single beds put together. Of course I'd prefer a real queen bed as that's what they promised, but it was fine since I was one my own. Sheets were also clean. The minibar drinks weren't overpriced. The view from the second floor was great (overlooking the pool), but it was pretty awkward to sit by the balcony cause dividers between rooms were pretty low so guests in other balconies could see you.

As per the location, it was pretty good. It was quiet and far from the noisy bars, and a very short walk to Alona Beach. If walking alone at night, better walk at the longer route though since the shorter one is a bit sketchy when it's dark.

All in all, a really good value for money. Pretty good for a budget hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Nice, big and comfortable room, with friendly staff that seems always happy to help.
Short walk to the beach and to Alona beach restaurants and attractions.
Breakfast was good.
Overall we would say that this hotel is a good value for money.
One thing that did bother us is that we had a lot of mosquitos entering our room without a way to block them from entering.
Other than that I would recommend this hotel for a quick stay at Alona beach,Bohol.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2017

The people in Panglao are really nice and accommodating. When we arrived at Harmony Hotel , one of the staff immediately took our baggage and held us to the reception to assist in our booking. All the staff are nice and accommodating. They even offered welcome drinks even though it is not included in the package of my booking. The food is great and the serving is really nice. Our stay is really great.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple