FindHotel
Agoda.com
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Kaba-Kaba is truly a hidden gem. Kevin and Grace go out of there way to make sure you have a great time! The staff (Alice) is very friendly and helpful. Only a 5-10 minute trike ride (costing 30-60 pesos) into the city, it's perfectly situated so you can relax and have a nice quite spot to enjoy the countryside. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

A really good place for a budget traveller to stay while staying in Coron. A quiet place only a 30peso trike ride away from Coron town. The hosts Kevin and Grace are a sweet couple and will go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Definitely will stay again in Kaba-Kaba when visiting Coron.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Kevin U, Owner at Kaba-Kaba, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Hi the internet has decided to work really well with no dropout for over an hour, so thanks so much for taking the time to write it's very much appreciated. We hope to see you here again, Cheers Kevin & Grace

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

I stayed at Kaba Kaba in December with my partner. From the moment we arrived we were welcomed by Grace - one of the owners - who made sure to suggest activities in the area and book them for us.

The room was great, beautiful view. Location was just a perfect. A 5 minute ride into town (and tricycles can be easily flagged down at any time of day and night), Kaba Kaba still gives you peace and quiet. Absolutely loved it!!

Grace and Kevin made our stay memorable and I would definitely recommend it to others.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kevin U, Owner at Kaba-Kaba, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Hi thank you so much for taking the time to say something about us, we always enjoy hosting our guests and try to help you make the most of your time but it's great to be appreciated, Cheers Grace & Kevin

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed at Kaba Kaba our whole time in Coron and we had an absolutely wonderful experience. Kevin and Grace, the owners, were beyond hospitable, kind, and helpful. The accommodation was good and clean and well maintained. They have a breakfast menu available that tastes great and is well priced. They also have cold beer available at a good price. My fiancé and I both became ill unfortunately during our stay. (Not due to anything at Kaba Kaba, just a 24 hour bug) During that time Grace and Kevin were incredibly helpful, and it made our illness so much more tolerable and easier than it would have otherwise been. They have a pool that has a great area to relax around. The pool is cleaned daily by Kevin himself. Grace was hospitable enough to even invite us to join them for dinner one evening. They have a woman who works for them named Alice who is incredibly helpful. They will tel you all the best places to go and even book tours for you. They also have motorbikes for rent at a good price. All in all it was a great experience and if we come back to PI we will be sure to return. Grace and Kevin are a lovely couple and are always great to sit and have a conversation with.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank leahsitz
Reviewed 21 November 2016

Transfer from airport to accommodation was arranged by Kaba Kaba (150 php). The shuttle dropped me off right in front of the entrance. Kaba Kaba also has their own trike driver to drive you from the entrance up to the cottages. It’s short but steep climb on an unpaved, rocky dirt road that should only take a minute or two. It would be a challenge for those with heavy bags or roller-type luggage. Kaba Kaba is located 5 mins away from the Town via trike. Kaba Kaba is run by Grace (Filipina) and Kevin (Expat from England). They were very nice, friendly and great hosts. Nice enough to invite me to their house for dinner one night. Grace gave me a brief overview of the island and helped me book my tours through Calamianes Expeditions and Ecotours. She also explained how to get to town and how much to pay, which tours to take and avoid. Full of knowledge to share with a budget-oriented traveler, like myself. Breakfast is of good value. I did not partake since I hardly ever eat in the morning but from other guests, I told Alice cooks a decent breakfast. Juice, coffee and tea are also available. Motorbikes are available for rent for 500 php/day.

The accommodation itself was as expected. I stayed in the Deluxe 2 (Yellow) cottage, which is already overkill for a solo traveler but it was the only one available at the time. You get a good view of the water and island. Filtered drinking water, kettle and tea are provided. Lots of plugs in the room. WIFI in the common/breakfast area upon request. Hardly any signal with SMART but if your provider is Globe, you should be fine. There is a fan in the room but I didn’t use it during the day since I was out enjoying the island partaking in various tours and at night it was already pretty cool due to the presence of a light breeze. Mosquito coil provided if mosquitoes are bothersome. During my stay, I didn’t really see much (if any) mosquitoes. There is a mosquito net over the bed for added protection. You get your own washroom and shower. Flush in my cottage did not work so you’d have to manually flush using the bucket method. The pool is great, albeit shallow. Great way to unwind after long day of island hopping. Very clean too. In terms of the nature aspect, it does offer you a good view. You can see the water and the surrounding islands from your balcony. Sunsets are amazing. Gives Mt. Tapyas a run for it’s money!

Lots of wildlife too. You’ll get to see the occasional monkey or two. The rustling of sounds of geckos in and around your property. Your 6AM wakeup call courtesy of the roosters. Sit by the pool at night and gaze at the stars. No light pollution in comparison to if you were to stay in town. Not as noisy as it is a little bit away from the highway. II you enjoy the sights and sounds of nature, then this is the place for you. But if you squirm at the sight of geckos or insects and are used to 5-star boutique hotels, then you are looking at the wrong place.

Thank you Grace, Kevin and Alice for your kindness and hospitality. You guys are awesome!

Date of stay: November 2016