2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
FindHotelUS$92
TravelocityUS$92
CheapTicketsUS$92
TripadvisorUS$92
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2020

During my visits to Guanica, Puerto Rico, I try to visit this eatery. I love their food however the wait is always extremely long. I am not sure why this is so as each time I visit, the eatery is not full and most times only two-three tables are occupied.

I believe more people would patronize this restaurant if the wait was not so long. The waiter on hand during our visits (different ones) are all friendly and courteous.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Sonim326
Reviewed 11 February 2020 via mobile

Refrigerator, microwave, tv, radio in room. Breakfast is not free as advertised. Quiet and quaint. Solid construction even in the latest earthquakes epicenter. Restaurant has good food, not very economic. Pool seemed nice, the staff is helpful, room was clean bit beware of slippery bathtub. Well located, view of bay. Close to town.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Rauledgardo
Reviewed 27 January 2020

The day of our arrival we received a phone call to ask where we were. The caller only spoke Spanish and I only speak English with very limited Spanish. So after she repeated my name several times and asked where we were she hung up. I was confused - was there a problem with the reservation? I don't know. When we arrived at Parador Guanica 1929 we were greeted by someone who didn't speak English. Let me say that this is not a problem. I am on your Island and Spanish is spoken. So there was again a communication problem. We completed the registration and was told where our room was. This is the worst lodging that we have ever stayed in. We opened the door to an overwhelming smell of chemicals and mold. The room was dirty and we were afraid to sleep in the bed. We asked if we could change rooms and I guess that there were no other rooms available although the parking lot was virtually empty. We left the door open to get some of the smell out of the room. The dining room was awful. I would not eat there. Especially if the room was any indication of what was to come. Nothing touched the floor in the room. We wore shoes the entire time and our luggage was up off the floor. We actually stayed outside by the pool until we couldn't stand it any more and went back up to the room. We were even provided with our own can of Raid. There were not enough electrical outlets and the A/C was so loud we couldn't sleep nor did we ever figure out how to use it. We also had to wear wrist bands and we were not allowed to take them off. The reason for this was? The windows are so thin that we heard noise from the road all night long.
I don't know how they have gotten so many good reviews. From the negative reviews that I have read they are all accurate.
The back side of the Parador is in shambles, dirty and unkempt. The "beach" is littered with garbage and debris. I realize that there were Hurricanes recently but this is a disaster. I also understand the owners explanation for the building being built in 1929 by the Americans.... However, there is such a thing as maintenance, cleanliness, customer service and treating your guests with respect.

Room tip: Don't stay here.
Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank Kimberly H
Reviewed 29 November 2019

The building and its architecture were just amazing. Pool was nice and clean. However, the room had smell of mold and it was not tidy. And what about the kitched, in four weeks time in Puerto Rico we had not had so poor dishes served. Warming up frozen veggies with dry piece of meat was below all standards. Go elsewhere and enjoy!

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank RistoGH
Reviewed 26 June 2019

Explicaré en español y en inglés la razón por el bajo puntuaje.

I will explain in spanish and english the reason of my low rating.

I want to highlight the cleanliness of the place and the excellent maintenance. Thanks to all and to the Property Manager Christian Rivera.

Quiero resaltar la limpieza y el excelente mantenimiento de la propiedad.
Gracias a todos y al gerente de la propiedad, Christian Rivera.

My family and I need to express the overall not satisfactory experience with part of the staff of the Parador Guánica 1929 during our stay on June 25th. The low rating is because the restaurant’s staff and front desk treatment didn't exceeded our expectations. During the check in the lady spoke so fast that we barely understood the hotel policies and didn't knew there was a complimentary coffee and filter until the next day because we inquired for a coffee filter.

An order of wings was made to the waitress Jean R. and she was told when she came back from looking for a hot sauce that she forgot, that they were high in sodium. She was also informed that the burger did not have mayonnaise and she explained us that perhaps the chef did not apply it because some people do not tolerate that ingredient. We indicated that it was no problem for us, that if she could then bring us in a cup a little to apply the mayo later but when she came back from the restaurant she apologized because the chef told her there was no mayonnaise in the restaurant. When she brought the bill we asked her for napkins since we did not have and to not damage the sheet with the grease but instead she just remained waiting for us to sign the bill and then she brought us two napkins.

We had authorized late check out since the reservation was made and when my partner was getting dressed and I was in the shower, the housekeeping lady abruptly opened the door without knocking first and my partner was NAKED when the door was opened. The sign of "please do not interrupt" or "guests are resting", was placed since 7 a.m outside the door and it was still there in the afternoon when the housekeeping lady arrived. For privacy and security reasons the hotel staff should always first knock and inform that housekeeping is at the door to confirm if the guests already left the room before open the door.

We reported the restaurant situation, wrote our experience and handed the letter to the front desk employee Mrs. Maxy. As I expressed in the letter that I hope the manager can read, a good experience is based of the experience and the way the staff made you felt. It doesn't matter if you are staying in a guest house, a small hotel or a 5 stars hotel, a guest expect that you can exceed their expectations, be proactive and to anticipate their needs all the time.

We are a local family making memories and supporting our beautiful island to show the world that the families can come here, that we can stand up and exceed everyone expectations just by fulfilling a quality of service within the hospitality industry.

We are not perfect, but small details can mark the difference between that guest to return and SPREAD the voice or to simply not return and also spread the voice.

A GOOD treatment doesn't require money, a GOOD service requires EMPATHY and WILLINGNESS to ALWAYS GIVE THE BEST of you as an individual and as a TEAM.

Spanish review-Reseña en Español-

Mi familia y yo necesitamos expresar la experiencia general no satisfactoria con parte del personal del Parador Guánica 1929. durante la estadía el 25 de junio.
La baja calificación se debe a que el personal del restaurante y el trato de recepción no superó nuestras expectativas. Durante el "check in" registro, la empleada de recepción habló tan rápido que apenas entendíamos las políticas del hotel y no sabíamos que había un café y filtro de cortesía hasta el día siguiente porque preguntamos por un filtro de café. Una orden de alas fue hecha a la camarera Jean R. y se le dijo cuando volvió de buscar una salsa picante que se le olvidó, que las alitas estaban altas en sodio. También, se le informó que la hamburguesa no tenía mayonesa y nos explicó que tal vez el chef no lo aplicó porque algunas personas no toleran ese ingrediente. Nosotros indicamos que no había problema que si nos podía traer un recipiente pequeño para aplicarle luego. Pero cuando volvió del restaurante se disculpó porque el chef le dijo que no había mayonesa en el restaurante. Cuando trajo la factura le pedimos servilletas ya que no teníamos y para no dañar el papel de la cuenta con la grasa, pero en lugar de eso se quedó esperando a que firmáramos la factura y luego nos trajo dos servilletas.

Se nos había autorizado la salida tardía desde que se hizo la reserva y cuando mi compañera se estaba vistiendo y yo estaba en la ducha, la señora de limpieza abruptamente abrió la puerta, sin llamar primero y mi compañera estaba desnuda cuando la empleada abrió la puerta. El signo de "por favor no interrumpa" o "los invitados están descansando", estaba colocado desde las 7 de la mañana fuera de la puerta y estaba en la tarde cuando la empleada llegó a la puerta. Por razones de privacidad y seguridad el personal del hotel siempre debe tocar primero e informar que personal de mantenimiento está en la puerta, de esta forma confirmas que los huéspedes dejaron la habitación.

Le informamos de la situación del restaurante, escribimos nuestra experiencia y entregamos la carta a la empleada de recepción Sra. Maxy. Como expresamos en la carta, que espero que el gerente Sr. Christian Rivera pueda leer, una buena experiencia se basa en la experiencia y la forma en que el personal de es lugar le hizo sentir. No importa si usted está alojado en una casa de huéspedes, un pequeño hotel o un hotel de 5 estrellas, un huésped espera que puedan superar sus expectativas, que sean proactivo y anticipen sus necesidades todo el tiempo.

Somos una familia local haciendo recuerdos y apoyando nuestra hermosa isla para mostrar al mundo que las familias pueden venir aquí, que podemos hacer frente y superar las expectativas de todos sólo si desempeñamos una labor de calidad de servicio dentro de la industria de la hospitalidad.

No somos perfectos, pero pequeños detalles pueden marcar la diferencia entre ese huésped VOLVER y difundir la voz o simplemente NO volver y también difundir la voz.

Un BUEN trato no requiere dinero, un BUEN servicio requiere EMPATIA y VOLUNTAD para DAR SIEMPRE LO MEJOR de usted como individuo y como EQUIPO.

Room tip: Poor hotel customer staff service, good location and clean property
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Ningxiared
D5140MCjuanr, Owner at Parador Guanica 1929, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2019

Hi and thanks for your feedback. We wanted to let you know that we received the letter leaved at Front Desk and already took measures to invesigate what happened and make sure it does not happen again. We have reallly high standards regarding the quality of our food and costumer service, be it Front Desk, Restaurant and Housekeeping, so we assure you we already took measures about it. We are really sorry we did not meet your expectations this time and are really hopeful you can give us another chance.