“Perfect steak ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner both ordered steak which was perfectly cooked to how we asked. Lovely service and the chef came out at the end of the night to ask each table about the food which was nice, he seemed to really care about the food he was serving. Would definitely go again

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Me and my fiancée have been coming to this restaurant for some time now, and I just felt i needed to give it a good honest review. Firstly the staff and owners are brilliant really nice people, who’ll do anything to make you feel at home. Secondly the food is the best I’ve tried. We always get a pizza and a pasta dish. My favourite is lasagna. If you haven’t been to this restaurant or you want a lovely Italian then this is the place for you. It has a lovely family feel to it. Me and my fiancée come here about 2 times a month and each time the food is awesome.

1  Thank Calum H
Reviewed 5 May 2018

This small, no frills restaurant has friendly and helpful staff and an excellent Italian chef/owner. The food is delicious and clearly fresh and they do not scrimp on the size of the servings. Although the restaurant is not expensive, if you can go between 4 - 6 pm, they have a special menu (which seems very similar to the regular menu) and the cost is much less and even better value.

The atmosphere is relaxed with photos of Italy on the walls, Italian music in the background and when he is able to take a break from cooking, the very pleasant host comes out into the restaurant to greet and chat with his guests. He clearly wants his them to enjoy their visit to his restaurant and it is obvious that local people visit on a very regular basis.

The restaurant is family friendly and the owner confirmed that small, well behaved dogs are welcome to accompany their owners.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Horrible service and horrible food lmao, absolutely vile. All 6 of our meals were rank! Either no taste or left a weird taste in the mouth, it was absolutely minging only decent thing was the potato skins and well, you can't really go wrong with them And the service was terrible, completely ignored customers tbh sat there talking as if there was no one there and, this wasn't our table personally but whilst we were there they managed to screw up another customers order twice and then forgot to take it off the bill before charging him! I ate 1/4 of my burger and didn't touch anything else cause I was so put off, £100+ for something that shouldn't have even cost £5. Everything was overly greasy and absolutely tasteless as I said, my mum had a lasagne and was knocked sick because it was that bad. Wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy. The service was possibly the worst part, if you even managed to get their attention they were slow, unenthusiastic and didn't seem to give a care in the world.

joanne t, Owner at Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

After reading your review, i have investigated into what you have stated. I am a bit confused as both of our waitress remember your table. In fact one of the girls went to school with you, but I am aware that you aren't the closest and I don't think it's appropriate how you have stated your view of her on tripadvisor. I am aware that our head waitress on the night Lauren did actually come over to your table twice whilst you were eating your meals to check everything was ok. Lauren informs me that everyone enjoyed their meals and the plates were clean apart from your plate. Which you did say you did not enjoy the burger, we tried to offer an alternative meal but Lauren was informed by your friends and family don't worry about it she is suffering from a hangover. I'm aware everyone's tastes are different and I'm sorry you were not happy but I do think other contributing factors resulted in this review which were completely out of our hands.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Great Parmos this time!With a lovely bottle of chilled house wine - perfect!Reliably good Italian food in Redcar.