“Dissapointing”

Add it.
Chan's Chopsuey House
Ranked #75 of 111 Restaurants in Redcar
Reviewed 29 June 2017

It was the day after Fathers Day, we were visiting my father for a belated celebration by having lunch at Oliver's, (brilliant as usual), and a chinese takeaway in front of the tele watching a good film. It was our treat and we were looking forward to it. My husband ordered an indian and Dad and I a chinese. None of us had tried any chinese restaurants in Redcar but we know a good one when we have it. This unfortunately was not to be in the case of Chan's. I had read the reviews, and decided to go with the majority which were good, but my beef curry was tough to say the least and far too hot. My father had sweet and sour pork and like my meat the pork was tough and not very appealing on the eye in fact I'll go as far as to say both did not look very appetizing and tasted as poor as it looked. I hate to give bad reviews but I feel it necessary to speak the truth so as other people who like myself rely on reviews when choosing some unknown eating establishment, can be assisted in helping them to decide on where to eat.

I know it was just a mere takeaway and not a sit down meal in the restaurant but it wasn't cheap and we were looking forward to this as much as we would be if we were eating out. My husband actually said that we would have been better off getting a chinese ready meal from Morrison's as they are always extremely good and a fraction of the cost. I for one actually like the authenthicity of a chinese takeaway from an actual chinese takeaway, but I do get his point.

My husband on the other hand enjoyed his Indian food, so at least all was not lost !!!!!!!

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 29 July 2016

You get what you would expect from a Chinese takeaway. They have a varied oriental menue, and service is prompt for fresh cooked food.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

We order from chans several times every month and have done for a few years now. Food always tasty, hot and plentiful, delivery driver friendly....top notch x

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank lola29
Reviewed 6 July 2015

this was recommended from a friend and it was disappointing, i got house special chow mein and hot and spicy chicken wings.. the wings were thighs and not spicy, the chow mein sauce was awful and the ingredients were strange...

Definitely avoid!

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed 7 November 2014

in and out in 5 mins. food cooked well, but have gone to frozen chips, would have preferred proper chips

Date of visit: November 2014