Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$136
View deal
PricelineUS$144
eDreamsUS$136
Agoda.comUS$143
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
FindHotel
All reviews function room staff were brilliant family wedding many thanks breakfast was excellent carlingford meal portions bath paul promenade venue starters fry
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 November 2021 via mobile

Went to a family wedding and stayed the night.
Staff amazing, couldn’t do enough for you. Food was fabulous as was the bedroom. Spotlessly clean, will definitely be making a return visit.
Thank you for an amazing visit and thank you to all the staff

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2021

when to the whistledown on sunday 31 oct2021 1.00 clock must say i was very dissapointed with the meal we had was severed cold jim campbell . wouldnt go back there again.was not inpressed with it at all.

Reviewed 25 October 2021 via mobile

Whilst dining as guests at a family
Event we were made to feel very unwelcome with our children. As a large party, our dining experience spanned in excess of 1.5 hours and on several occasions my 2 year old was reprimanded by staff for walking the perimeter of the dining table between his familiar adults. I was told, when I intercepted this exchange between my small toddler and staff member, that children must be seated at all times in the dining room. At a later stage when my 10 and 8 year old played out in the hallway, which was in very close proximity to where we were seated, a staff member took it upon herself to reprimand them rather than approach their parents. It is most unrealistic to expect children to ‘remain seated at all times’ and made for an extremely stressful dining experience. I would suggest this venue rethink their child friendly policy and maybe have their staff educate themselves as to how children behave in general.

So stressed were we by the whole experience that we had to leave. I would most certainly not recommend this venue for family dining and unwelcoming staff have ensured I will never return to the Whistledown!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2021 via mobile

Went here with friends. The staff were brilliant, attentive and pleasant. Food was OK but why oh why does the chef feel it necessary to add quite a lot of rock salt..surely that's a personal choice. Not necessary! Spoiled the experience. I didn't want to complain as it was a special day.
Please let us season our own food!!

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank GeeByee
Reviewed 19 August 2021 via mobile

Currently staying at the Whistledown Hotel which is very enjoyable and also very quirky. Firstly, the staff are excellent without exception. The setting is as good as it gets along that stretch of Carlingford Lough. The food is pleasant and plentiful. But what is amazing is the decor which is way over the top but it works. I am mesmerised by the number of light fittings and bulbs. Absolutely amazing. Would love to see their electricity bill. All in all I would recommend this hotel for a different type of experience.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple