“A very special place ”

Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We were completely blown away firstly by the charm, intimacy & decor of this tiny osteria then by the food, wine & welcome by fabulous co-owner Manuela. Surrounded by shelves full of homemade preserves, the best local wines, the short daily menu is chalked on a board. Each carefully considered entry is seasonal & locally sourced. We ate a silky vegetable, mozzarella & anchovy tart, mains of pork & rabbit, the presentation & taste of which would attract a high price in London. Pistachio semifreddo with salted caramel was the best. Manuela is the most knowledgeable & entertaining sommelier to talk wine with; her list is one of the most interesting. We loved the idiosyncratic individuality of the Lodola & have already arranged to return; booking essential.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Very nice&familiar atmosphere! Cozy little restaurant with a small menu- written on a board- depending on todays fresh, local ingredients :)
Service very friendly and charming! We went there with a group of 10people and as it was an anniversary we asked if it would be possible to organize a surprise for our friends for dessert- which was no problem at all, they were very helpful and sweet. Thank you for a wonderful last evening in tuscany :)

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We had two delicious meals here while staying at the B&B (having changed our travel plans deliberately to be able to return), and on each occasion felt that we did not want the evening to end. Manuela was super-friendly, charming and relaxed, as were her staff. The food was excellent, the choice of wines good and the setting lovely. We would return here in a flash.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Just had a wonderful dinner at Osteria della Lodola. The location and setting are so lovely. It is also a B&B so I wandered a bit more and it continued to impress. Another time we may have to stay here. But I digress.... we had dinner on the terrace and it was a full house, glad I called ahead for a reservation. The menu is on a chalkboard (means fresh daily and always changing!). At first glance I stiffened as it was not just the traditional Tuscan menu. I took a deep breath and focused on the selection ~ I went a bit outside of my comfort zone with the Animelle (sweetbreads) as a starter and a pork dish as my second ~ could not have been happier! My husband started with a pasta (an irregularly cut pasta with tomato and ricotta), which I tasted of course, and was great! If you want the usual Tuscan thing, this is not your place. If you want excellent food, then this is it! Yes, it is all local food and home made! I should've started this review with the people who make it happen as they are truly professionals! I can't remember our waitress's name, but she was so lovely, spoke English, Italian (probably any language!) and was so attentive. Manuela runs an excellent kitchen and I look forward to returning this year and in years to come!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We were met with a broad smile and friendly hello by our hostess who spoke very good English.
Was encouraged to walk around the gardens where they source many ingredients.
Not an extensive menu, but boy, was it cooked to perfection.
They make their own salami amongst other things. Menu changes every day depending on ingredient availability.
If you like friendly atmosphere, good wines or beers and fabulous food, this is the place to come.