Thaveesinh Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Wangview Hotel(Huay Xai)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 August 2017

I stayed at Thaveesinh Hotel on my way to northern Laos. The hotel is pretty clean and has fans in each room - electricity all night. Bathroom is ok too. Among the choices in Huay Xai I saw, this is a good one.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2017

This is the kick off point for the slow boats to Luang Prabang so the location is developing. This hotel is good value for money and located centrally with great views of the Mekong from the roof. The service is good and they will change money and arrange boat tickets at reception for an extra 10,000 Kip but this includes Tuk Tuk transfer to the dock. I would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

It is a simple hotel locating in the city center along the Mekong. The price is a bit high for the room with fan. The owner is very nice, and helpful.

Small drawbacks of this hotel is there is no desk for working or there is for some rooms but no chair.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

If you are wanting a room with a bed and bathroom in the good part of town, then you will be happy with Thaveesinh. The room was basic and the bathroom even more so. The hot water didn't work (the heater just did nothing no matter what I did) and there was an air conditioner but the remote in the room wasn't the correct one (the remote powered up but the aircon didn't respond). These aren't massive deals, I just wish that management actually checked these things prior to people staying. Although I will say that I left my charger in the room and came back 2 days later (after ziplining) and got it back! So that was honest of them

Stayed: January 2017
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before doing the Gibbon Experience the next day. We chose the hotel as it is directly opposite the office of the Gibbon Experience, so very convenient. The room was big and clean, so no complaints there. Probably a little more money than some other guest houses but we liked it.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple