“Enjoyable evening” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dimitri's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Kalami
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2016

We booked to visit this restaurant for dinner on the Saturday evening during our week in a villa close to Kalami at the end of June, having read the positive TA reviews. We were pleased to learn that they were happy to collect us from the villa despite their being 6 of us, and George turned up punctually in his mini van (Only Fools and Horses style!). It was a tight squeeze and we were amazed the little old van could make it up the hill, but George was great at entertaining us on the way. Then we were impressed with the view on arrival at the restaurant. There was some rain around that evening, so our table was set in a little under cover, but still with a clear view across the bay – lovely – plus a rainbow given the weather!
The English lady owner was helpful and welcoming and we enjoyed a leisurely 3 course meal including an excellent prawn saganaki. As it was a Saturday evening there was live music – the lady’s partner and I believe another family member – which ended in some plate smashing action. We were finally safely transported back to our villa by George. A very enjoyable evening.

• Visited June 2016

• Greek first
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Quaint place with amazing views.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2016

You get to this place by mini bus pick up arranged in resort. The driver George is an IT teacher who does this job during the long school holidays - he is quite a character and adds to the enjoyment. The food was good and it is well worth a visit.

Visited July 2016
london
“Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We were collected and returned to our hotel by George who works for the restaurant which is perched on the cliff overlooking Kalami. Great views.
Interesting garlic dip and good calamari to start. My meatballs were very good by my partner's seabass had not been gutted properly and the vegetables were not good.
House red wine not great
Friendly ex pat owner.
Clearly the restaurant has a lot of returning customers

Visited June 2016
Godalming, United Kingdom
“A Friendly Face”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2016

I dropped in here late one hot July afternoon, in search of help rather than food or drink. My Green Bus back from up the road hadn't showed, and I asked if they knew of a taxi that would take me back to Corfu town.

I think it must have been Dimitri who raised his eyebrows, presumably at the potential cost. But he was on the phone immediately for me.

A Green Bus will go from just up the road, around the bend, in about 45 minutes, he said. Time enough for a cold Fix beer, sitting outside and taking in the scarcely believable views way below to Kalami, and further beyond to the north east tip of Corfu, and Albania.

If only I'd been around for dinner, and Dimitri singing traditional songs. It sounds like a brilliant place for lunch or dinner.

Thanks for the help, Dimitri. I hope to come back one day. With my wife, so that we can e joy some of the horse-riding you also arrange.

• Visited July 2016
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Had a wonderful evening as always on Wednesday 29 June. Sadly we missed the Saturday music night as my husband was unwell. Lovely George picked us up and returned us to our apartments later. We were made very welcome by Alison and Dimitris who always make you feel at home. New menu using local Corfiot ingredients. We even tried the locally made retsina, which my husband loved. Food was amazing as always and fantastic views over Kalami. Even though my favourite dessert was no longer on the menu, young George checked with Alison and I enjoyed my Tiara Maria tower delicious!! Thanks to all for a fab evening and look forward to a couple of visits next year to include the music night of course! Last year was brilliant as Dimitris danced and smashed plates - just brilliant!!!

Visited June 2016