All reviews forty thieves thieves bar rooms are nice lovely pool beach bar low season beach boys diving dived briefing sylva diani monkeys dolphins
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Diani Marine is by far my favorite dive operator on earth. I took my first PADI course with them in 1992 and now three of my children as well were trusted to Diani Marine. Being a world travel or, living in many fantastic countries including many years in Kenya, Diani Marine is by far the best and worthy of the Five Star status with the owner still being involved after so many years and ensuring the pleasure of each guest like a friend.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank KimJolley
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Just spent a very relaxing week at Diani Marine. It's got a lovely little pool but it also really close to the beach. It's small, friendly, and very clean. It really did feel like a home away from home by the time we left. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Really well organised hotel on Diani beach, right on the beach front and close to good places to eat. The pool, staff and rooms are all really good, although they are somewhat strict about allowing outside people in the complex and it's on the expensive side. Overall we had a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2012

This was by far my worst encounter with a tourist service provider! and I have travelled six out of the seven continents. This is my first time on trip advisor and felt I needed to warn others of Diani Marine Diving Bases (to be clear I didn’t stay at this hotel so can’t comment on that)

I was subject to an awful scam, and when I think back, quite an obvious one. But you don’t expect this sort of thing on your honeymoon especially when your hotel recommends the dive school. I was told to bring with me on the morning of the dive total fee for dice and boat trip - £109 Stirling (12,349.7 Ksh). On arrival I pointed out to staff that I wanted to pay my money so I wasn’t carrying it around. I was told to keep it on me until briefing. I was then fitted for my wet suit at which point I was asked to take clothes off and go into a different room (this must have been when half my money was taken) we were then reunited with our belongings and told to go and check all valuables in to the office safe. Again I asked if I could settle up and pay in full. I was told to check all valuables in and pay after the dive which I did. Following the dive I retrieved my belongings and went to pay only to find half the money in my wallet!

I don’t know who was party to this and doubt front of house, management had any knowledge of what clearly a scam but bet I wasn’t the first to be subjected to this given their relaxed reaction. The manager at the office and boss I spoke to on the phone basically said it was my word against them and arguing was pretty pointless especially as they got the heavies in to escort me back to me hotel to pay the remainder. I’m sure they had an internal inquest after I had left as like I say I doubt all memebers of staff were party to this. Was a fight I couldn’t win ! I am a chartered accountant and don’t make mistakes when counting money – trust me.

Anyway, just wanted to warn others. This basically ruined our honeymoon, well the few days after. There are plenty of other dive schools around the area so choose widely and read reviews on here. And insist that you pay up front when you arrive at these places.

Diving was ok

James

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank James M
Dianimarine, Owner at Diani Marine Divers Village, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear esteemed Customer
with great concern have I read your comments regarding your stay in Diani Marine
all the way back in Jan.2012 ... I dont understand why you have been silent for
almost one year to come forward with these allegations ... we have checked your
participation forms and indeed it is true that you were diving with us one year ago !
However ... there is nothing indicated on your Form that there was any irregularity
with our services renderred to you .... and also myself do not remember to have spoken
to you regarding theft in our Offices !
We deeply feel sorry about this but may be you have forgotten at that time the amount
of money you had when you came Diving with us .... like now one year later you remembered
this story again !! Should you come again we will offer you a FOC Boat Trip with Diani Marine
just to put your soul at peace ! We are since 35 years as 5 Star Diving Operator in Diani Beach
and never had such an incident !
Sorry again
Thomas Sollacher ceo Diani Marine Ltd.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

This place was the start of our holiday in Kenya. We enjoyed a couple of days of relaxing, swimming, diving, and great breakfasts. Very friendly staff and some curious monkeys every now and then next to the pool.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family