All reviews forty thieves refreshing pool thieves bar rooms are nice beach boys beach bar low season palm trees diving dived briefing sylva diani kenya monkeys fridge dolphins
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I opted for the combo village + diving boat trips.
The village is as described, very well decorated and furnished, I had a single room with en suite bathrom and small fridge/sink, ceiling and floor fans do their job for cooling the room. You are free to roam around the huge garden and pool area and the beach is one minute walk, the gate is litterally next door to 40 Thieves beach bar.
Breakfast is abundant with lots to choose from, fruit, cereals, sausage/eggs are cooked on the spot, coffee and tea..
The diving center is just by the pool side, equipment is very well mantained and all the staff are competent and professionals.
This is just about the place desctiption, info you can find on the very good detailed website and by contacting them, they are quick and clear. NOTE: my gmail for some reasons marked their first reply as spam, so you better check your junk mail folder if you don't see a reply within 1 or 2 days.
And then it comes the actual experience: I've been traveling on solo and because of the low season I was the only one guest for a couple of days. The staff is simply amazing: the always have a good smile and are ready to help with anything at any time, they make you really feel at home. I always managed to have a nice chat with everyone, the security guys, the bar and breakfast crew, everyone. In the divers' center the small ritual are exactly what you need to relax and get in the right mood for the dive: after setting up the gear at 7.30, everyone sits on the big table to share a coffee or a tea all together, have a very detailed briefing on the days' plan, review all the security procedures, on which they have a particular focus. this half hour before getting on the boat has been my favourite moment. Then it comes the trip: the captain and crew are experienced and helpful, one day we managed to see and get by a group of dolphins, thanks to the boat crew patience and experience, unforgettable. After returning, recap meeting at the bar, for the logbooks, a laugh and a very good coffee made by the bartender Margarita
I didn't meet the managers as they were abroad, however please address my big thank you to each and everyone working there: security, village staff and diving center crew, you made my vacation be a real special one, cannot remember a single moment without a big smile on my face.

Room tip: if you need privacy you should opt for the villas
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This is by far my favorite place in South Coast.. Beautiful scenery, close to the beach, awesome environment and marvelous staff.. I give it a strong 8/10.. Just a suggestion, include TV in the rooms for those of us who want to relax.. Otherwise, Thank you for the wonderful experience

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank AbdulQadir Y
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Breakfast was good and the pool was nice but the rooms were too hot. We had to get up several times to cool down. The fans were not very effective. The location was good as it is next door to 40 thieves. The manager was very pushy about paying our bill the evening before we left even though we were not leaving early in the morning.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Dianimarinebeach, Geschäftsführer at Diani Marine Divers Village, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2017

Dear Mrs.Soashley
first of all thank you very much for staying with us and also for commenting
so we always work towards improving our Services !
You dont have to Forget that we are in Africa and you stayed in the hootest time
of the year Apri/May just before the Rainy Season and I agree with you that this year
it was indeed very very hot so even the Fans were dfeated .. sorry for that !
Regarding the Accountant ... it was Saturday evening and on Sundays we Close at
12.00 noon where we allowed you to stay longer for your comfort... so our Staff
wanted you to pay the day before for your Comfort ... am really sorry if this caused
hussle to you ... sorry even for that !
However thanks again and if you come again we will complement you !
Thomas Sollacher
CEO Diani Marine Ltd

Reviewed 7 February 2017

We stayed at Diani Marine in the end of January. The rooms are oke and reasonably clean. Unfortunately no airco, we had a twin room with two separate beds and it was very hot in the room. Almost impossible to sleep. Furthermore, the shower drainage was blocked everytime we showered. The breakfast was very good; fresh and a lot of choice. The staff friendly! We expected the hotel to be on the beach however that was not the case, we had to walk a little bit. No hassle but we just did not expect that.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

We booked a dive trip with a buddy. The price for two dives, including all gears was around 109€ / person.

Since it was off season we went out, two divers + master and two crew members, on a small boat.

The visibility on the dives where around 15-20 meters. On the first dive we saw some muray eels, lion fish, octopus, box fish and a guitar fish.

On the second dive 7 turtlea, rock fish, flute fish, nudibranches and quite a bit of sof chorals.

All-in-all great dives