US$200
US$179
US$246
US$231
  • Breakfast included
Afrika Pearl & Spa(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$102
US$234
US$193
  • Breakfast included
Bahari Dhow Beach Villas(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
US$57
African Dream Cottages(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
US$59
  • Breakfast included
Bahati Diani House Glamping(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
US$19
Agoda.com
AfroChic Diani(Diani Beach)
US$625
US$560
All reviewssails restaurantpersonal chefrooftop terracelobsterpersonal villaimagine africadaily chatsbest beach in the worldon arrivalfresh cakestook advantage of the spaboutique hotelvillas setwonderful chefred snapperkite surfingprivate chef
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

I'll probably run out of superlatives in this review but suffice to say to location, standard of accommodation, amenities, staff service and cuisine are phenomenal. We had such a relaxing time here, nothing was too much trouble and the views are something else.

Would thoroughly recommend a visit if you want to experience the best levels of luxury and relaxation.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank isnedd0n
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Still after more than 1 month, me and my partner are still looking back to our trip in Kenya and the unique experience we had at Almanara and are still very impressed with the location, staff, hospitality, and warm treatment we have encountered in April.

Leo and Gemma are managing a great team who, more than once, shared with us how happy they are to have found at Almanara a family, rather than an employer.
Great food & drinks (we were spoiled with best cuisine we could have wished for and our last dinner was a very special buffet with Kenyan traditional dishes). Great service throughout (room service, lounge areas,etc), amazing views (Diani beach, the rooms in the villas): couldn't have found a better place for relaxation, private time and the most exciting birthday celebration, which I will remember for the rest of my life.
We felt very welcome from day one and we can only recommend this location that truly looked and felt as a corner of Eden, ideal to refill the batteries and return to the busy lives where we too often forget the beauty that is so close to us.

Asante sana, Almanara Team!!!

Room Tip: Best views
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Stayed for 8 days - just 2 of us - in the boutique hotel. Nice room with balcony overlooking the main pool, and the beach. The aircon was difficult to adjust and blew straight down on the head area which wasnt great. Very good service thoughout by Rama and Joseph etc. Food was on a fixed menu each day but we could effectivley order what we wanted beforehand from the excellent chefs George and Dorcas. Eggs, bacon, fruit etc for breakfast and fish prawns, lobster etc for lunch and dinner. The wines were also decent and the local beer is good. It was quiet at the time and for a few days we were the only ones in the hotel part. Two nights we ate at Sails restaurant for a change of scenery - that was also very nice. The beach is beautiful, very fine white sand and is very tidal. It is an excellent kitesurfing venue, particularly at low tide when there is no chop. The pool boys went out of their way to assist, pumping up the kite, launching, landing, rinsing gear etc. The whole resort is kept spotless by a large team of gardeners and cleaners. A very nice break. We hope to return with all our (large) kids in tow.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I spent 5 nights here after a safari. Imagine Africa (travel agent) whom I trust found it for me and it was up to promise, calm, private, great food, charming staff great location and on the beachfront. As a single female I wanted to swim and read in the shade of a coconut tree. This small boutique hotel offered all that and more. Situated on a private area of the beach away from beach boys and the masses I found this a tranquil place where the staff were exceedingly helpful and friendly without being intrusive.

Food was included in my package which was great and the hotel has the option of eating in their on beach restaurant (for extra price). Choice was good lots of seafood which was fresh as was the fruit (perfect for breakfast).

The room was large and pleasant with a great view. White sand and warm water, activities on hand or by appointment including a great massage very worthwhile.

My only two small comments would be
I don't like aircon and as someone who likes to be a little more eco than not I would have preferred the option of an overhead fan as an alternative to aircon.
Local food, I would have liked to try a bit more localised cuisine at least one night, I did manage this as kindly the cook made a special for me when I asked.

Recommend it to all looking for a small calm oasis.

Please note I was there in March (not high season)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank LondonJmc
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed in the boutique hotel which is situated on its own away from the private villas, with great views of one of the best stretches of beach you will find in Diani. Our room was spacious, meticulously clean and had one of the most comfortable beds I’ve ever slept in. The staff are just lovely, all very pleasant and cheerful and they really could not do enough for us. The boutique hotel doesn’t allow children under 12 so it’s pretty quiet and maintains a palpable feeling of privacy and exclusivity. I quite liked the study on the first floor where you can retreat to watch TV or a DVD from the hotel’s selection. There are also bookshelves stocked with a variety of books both in the main sitting room area on the ground floor and in the study so don’t despair if you forgot to carry something to read. One more advantage of the boutique hotel is that you can relax by its private pool if you want to escape from the busy beachfront sunbed area which is shared by guests from the villas and boutique hotel. Only one minor issue for us was the food. While everything we were served was well-prepared and delicious, the variety was a little wanting. For example, the dinner option (there is one meal option offered every day for lunch and another for dinner) was fillet steak two nights in a row and we had red snapper and French fries offered for lunch twice in four days. We had been told that we could request something different if we weren’t happy with the meal options on offer, but when we requested some fish instead of steak on the second night it was on the menu, we were told none was available. I would expect a hotel of this standard to have more options available, especially on a busy Easter weekend. Still, it’s a lovely hotel and we will definitely be back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple