All reviewswater towerdifferent locationsswedish ownersswedish familygorilla trekkingpeaceful retreatwarm seasbarefoot luxurylow tide you can walkmosquito nettingpost safarithe cottageseach mealafrican stylequiet beachholiday experienceheaven on earth
Reviewed 5 November 2014

Our stay at Kinondo Kwetu exceeds every expectations we had (and they were high).
Never have we felt so welcomed and well taken care of as we did at Kinondo. Everyone in the staff made us feel like we belonged to the family.
We were a big family travelling together (26 persons). Every room was amazing, and then we "just" stayed in the "regular" rooms and not the bungalows. The food was excellent and the service the best there is. And this includes the service of absolutely everyone at Kinondo. Our strongest recommendation to everyone from honeymooners, to families and friends travelling together. There's something to do for everyone and it never feels crowded or stressful.
We'll be back:)

Room Tip: Alla rum var fantastiska! Hela vår familj (26 personer) tog upp alla i rum i huset Mama Taa. De flesta hade egen balkong/terass. Vi bodde i ett rum utan "egen" terass, men kände aldrig att vi saknade det då hela området är fullt med underbara ytor och det alltid finns tillgängligt härliga solbäddar både vid havet och poolerna och även många allmänna mysiga utrymmen att vara på. Det enda problemet var att man kände att det nästan inte hann med att utnyttja alla underbara ställen inom området. Vi var där 1 vecka.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janca H
Reviewed 7 October 2014

During my fair share of traveling I have stayed at a number of top class hotels. This one was the best!

As with other first rate seaside hotels the surrounding nature and beach are beautiful. The service and the food are impeccable, but more personal than elsewhere. During every dinner you'll have your own waiter who serves you in one of the many nooks of the hotel. The rooms, bungalows, lounges are wonderfully decorated - in perfect harmony with the surrounding thicket and trees. Occasionally in your absence, a Colobus Monkey may sneak into your room to taste the chocolates you brought from the airport - but even the monkeys were polite and left half of them untouched - thanks monkeys!

But what makes this place special is the welcoming familiar atmosphere. You are wanted. Your comfort is what matters. You partake in the unique experience of a small select part of Africa. Kinondo Kwetu wants you to depart with a tearful smile and the same sensation you felt when leaving your grandparents's house as a kid (assuming the vacations spent there were joyful).

A lazy afternoon tennis match, morning yoga on the adjourning cliff, full moon horseback tours on the beach or sipping 1 - 5 "Crocodile-in-the-Sky"s in the garden hammock. Who would dare to object to 6 or 10 Swedish pancakes with chocolate sauce (the cornerstone of any healthy breakfast) in the morning?!

You will never forget you were there to see it. You will never once feel like your dollars (for dollars you will spend) were ill spent. You will want to come back.

The pearly gates are wide open. Welcome, you're home.

Room Tip: I would always go for the bungalow choice, but all rooms look wonderful and are right by the beach.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank leauguste
Filip A, Owner at Kinondo Kwetu, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2014

First of all; It was lovely having you here!
Secondly; Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review - and what a lovely review!
It was so charmingly and poetically written and all of us now feel greatly appreciated and motivated by it! We always appreciate a review, good or bad, but review like this one is make us leap with joy.
Thank you once again and I truly hope we have the pleasure of having you here with us again in the near future. Wishing you all the best from all your friend at Kinondo Kwetu!
Anna, Ida & Filip

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We visited Kinondo Kwetu for 7 days after a week's safari. The perfect place to wind down and relax. Accommodation was excellent. Staff are all brilliant - special mention to Dickson who is incredible - always at hand with such a friendly smile !. True, the food is a 'fixed' menu, but you can ask for alternatives - we travelled with a 'fussy eater' 11 year old, and never had to ask for an alternative - the food is home cooked and great quality - especially the fish and seafood. Our 'fussy eater' developed a liking for crab, lobster, shrimp and red snapper ! The resort is beautifully maintained, and well run. The resort is quiet right now, because people are (unnecessarily in our view) cancelling because of the trouble in the north. Despite some reservations before we arrived, we felt safe and comfortable for every moment that we were here. We'd recommend Kinondo Kwetu to anyone !

Room Tip: Not all rooms have A/C, if this is important to you
1  Thank BizTravellerCheshire
Reviewed 6 August 2014

From the minute I arrived the kind och loveable staff of Kinondo Kwetu took great care of me.
I checked in with my 3 kids, 9, 7 and 1 year old. I thought I would have a hard time with 3 kids on my own. But the sweet nanny, Rut (that Kinondo arranged for me) helped me with the kids and I could just enyoj the best place to be at for relaxing. The surroundings are breathtaking, you can lay in the sunbeds for hours and just watch the sea. Perfect for all family members, a lot of different activites can be arranged. Snorkling, diving, canoting, horseback ridning, tennis, kite, fishing and so on....They have a excellent feeling for service, when you think it would be nice with a refreshing drink, they turn up the next second with your drink:)
I can highly recommend it, it´s a must!

1  Thank Ann B
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I feel I must reiterate the last reviewers comment for anyone who is considering a trip to the coast. We considered cancelling this portion of our Kenyan adventure and we are so so glad we did not. We felt incredibly safe both at the property and in Diani Beach.

Our multigenerational family from ages 8-65 arrived here after 12 days of safari. The food was excellent, the staff was excellent and I absolutely love all the fabrics used around the resort. The loungers are handwoven and exceedingly comfortable.

So relaxing…and the yoga was out of this world. The yoga house is by far the nicest place I have had the privilege of practicing in.

The weather wasn't terribly cooperative but somehow it didn't seem to matter.
The managers went above and beyond to try and satisfy our needs so thank you so much for an incredible stay.

1  Thank Tbugs1