All reviews bush babies tree house forty thieves lock boxes sister hotel across the road flamboyant hotel place to stay shared bathroom walking distance to the beach minute walk sykes monkeys hot water every evening your doorstep stayed for nights other guests amazing place
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed for 5 nights in a treehouse. The room was nice and clean, there was a net over the bed and functioning wifi everywhere on the property. You cannot store any food in your room because of the monkeys but there is a bar and a restaurant. Good thing is that you can use the pool that belongs to another hotel/restaurant close to the beach. The staff was excellent, very helpful. We had a wonderful time!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WayneToronto, Owner at Stilts Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Hi Katerina,
Thank you so much for your comments. We love hearing from our guests and are so glad you enjoyed yourselves. We hope we can be part of your holiday once again in the near future. Safe travels and Thank You again

Best Wishes

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed in one of Stilts' double rooms, which was a 'treehouse-esque' structure with a balcony and seating... and it was utterly amazing!

Though we had a shared bathroom, which was a short walk from our room, cold and saltwater, this was a completely new experience for us and added to the immensely rural and natural experience here!

Staff here are very friendly and happy to help you with laundry, travel arrangements and local knowledge. Good food and drink is served in the communal bar, again on stilts, where at 19:00 each evening there is a unique opportunity to help feed the bush babies, which we really enjoyed!

Access to Stilts' sister hotel across the road was free, where we could use the pool, snooker room and have access to the white sanded beach!

Overall, an incredibly relaxing and satisfying stay!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi George,
Sorry I missed you when you were here those couple days. So glad to hear you had a good time with us. Our sister property is very new for us but we should mention the snooker room is not open for anyone to play in. Other than that you're spot on and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future

Regards

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Great Place if you love staying with nature. Visiting wildlife (bushbabies), while having a dink in the evening is enthralling. Good food and great ambience make up for the short distance to the beach. Its about 10 mins walk to the beach. Though the staff advises you to return before dark and not travel alone, they readily escort you back in case of delay while returning. Short distance from Ali Barbours cave restaurant which is not to be missed. While going out to sea for snorkelling, diving etc do plan a trip with the local guys and strike a deal. Restaurants are far in between but locals can cook up a fantastic BBQ meal on the beach so look out for them and negotiate.

Room tip: Towards the common area and toilets.
Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed 28 August 2017

I have no idea on how to write this without it sounding like I am being paid to write this (I am not).

I was booked at Stilts for 3 nights while in Diani to celebrate by best friends birthday and it being a backpackers, I expected it to be your typical bare-minimum, no thrills and frills, sleep, eat and go place.

It wasn't.

I was pleasantly surprised. From the main reception area which doubles as a bar/restaurant/chill spot, to the various types of accommodation (tree houses, tents, cottages) spread out in the forest housing it, Stilts was very well laid out. Not only that, it was extremely clean, had flushing toilets (that work) and showers with hot water.

The cottage I was booked into was very spacious. The main room had a double bed and a single bed, and still had room to add a few more. It had a large adjoining bathroom with a shower, a toilet and a sink. It also had a small verandah outside with a table, couple of chairs and a spare bed. This became my fav spot as soon as I woke to hear the birds chirping away in the forest and at night before bed to listen to the stillness of Africa.

The staff were incredibly responsive and friendly, so much so that they became intuitive by my second night. Wayne, the owner, was always on hand to assist in any way and whose hands on approach and attention left me feeling like a VIP. Since the sentiments were shared by other guests at Stilts, I can state that he is a superb host.

(Wayne gives a small talk on Bush Babies during their feeding time 7pm sharp daily.)

The coup de grace was the food. Despite trying many of the famous 5-star restaurants around Diani, I kept coming back to Stilts for their fish curry. The chips mayai, the tomato soup, the vegetable curry and the entire smorgasbord that is their menu alone is worth opting for Stilts.

Now here is the confusing bit. Despite the 5* food and accommodation, everything at Stilts still priced like a regular 1* backpackers!!!

You CANNOT go wrong with this option. Good food, great people, awesome atmosphere, pocket friendly. Be back soon!

Room tip: Get a cottage and share it with a few friends, esp Cottage No. 7
Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank Samdave69

Wow, I don't even know what to say right now....(humbled) Thank You soooo much for your incredibly amazing review. I am so pleased to hear you were thrilled with everything and we thank you so much. Truthfully it's the guest that really make Stilts what it is. Yes we help a bit...but it's awesome guests like yourself that chose to interact, share stories or a drink with others (or myself:P ), that create the chilled vibe we all love so much.

From the entire Stilts team:
We thank you

Safe travels...till next time

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We stayed at Stilts Backpackers 4 night. The most amazing staff; friendly and helpful. The owner goes to any length to make you feel comfortable. The atmosphere up in the threehouses is relaxed and open. It is primarily a hostel with youths, but I must say my 50+ uncle enjoyed his Cuba Libre all the same when feeding the Bushbabys (this is amazingly fun to do, they are so cute!).

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank MsvandenBerg

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are so please you and your family enjoyed visiting us and the bush babies. We look forward to seeing you next time your in Diani.

Regards