Afrika Pearl & Spa(Diani Beach)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$73
US$67
Hotels.com
US$135
US$102
Bahari Dhow Beach Villas(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$66
US$55
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$30
African Dream Cottages(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$50
  • Free Breakfast
Bahati Diani House Glamping(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
US$19
  • Free Breakfast
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewscascading poolsswahili architecturespice routebeach barbeautiful hotelsouth coastfront office staffrain showersuperior roombreakfast and dinnerguest relationsrooms are hugeindian cuisinesamosasmain restaurantspecial thankshalf board
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel has excellent amenities with the exception of WiFi which is paid for in bundles and is supplied via moveable routers. This works no doubt for as long as your allocated bundles lasts and is probably moved depending on who complains the most.

The staff at reception are particularly inept. We arrived to a welcome drink which is nice so long as you are not kept waiting and lied to about internet access. We on various occasions had to chase them up as they failed to respond to simple requests for example more towels. There is a very real lack of responsibility taking and general lack of knowledge here. More importantly management and staff performance accessment is not at all evident.

When we left we ordered a taxi through the hotel to the airport which we paid for in advance. The taxi driver not from the hotel claims that he had not been paid! It is a shame because the rooms, showers, food and location are all excellent. It just lacks the polish of an establishment run by professionals.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jeff M, General Manager at Swahili Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience of your recent stay at Swahili Beach Resort.

Clearly, this was not our best performance.
We acknowledge challenges with our WiFi coverage, during the period that you stayed with us.
I am however, glad to inform you that we have sorted out these challenges and the coverage and bandwidth are now greatly improved.

I make no excuses for the service at the Front Desk.
The head of the Front Office Team and I are personally dealing with this.
Please accept my sincere apologies.

I would appreciate some details on the taxi payment as we do not charge our guests for transfers from and to Ukunda airstrip.
Transfers to Mombasa airport are charged to your room bill.
Please let me know if this was charged and if you also paid the taxi driver for the same.

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed the rooms, food and location.
We hope you will be able to visit us again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Very excellent service received from the staff during our workshop from 20th. May
Staff Naomi, Purity & other cashier is it oyier from migori , Benard and Susan gave to our team.
Your food was very nice

Titus

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the 5-star review.

We are glad that you had an enjoyable and memorable experience at Swahili Beach Resort.
I have shared your comments with the Team members you mentioned.
They are pleased that they contributed in making your stay a great one.
We are also glad that you enjoyed our meals.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel when visiting a school project nearby that I sponsor. It was one of the best hotel experiences I had, not because of the most posh/modern interior or exquisite food but for the total picture. Really felt this hotel being African style and loved the decorations and variety of food. Pools are just amazingly beautiful and you can almost consider having your own when you choose to be near one of the smaller ones. And last but not least, the staff were AMAZING ! I travelled by myself but never felt alone since they were all very nice to me and treated me like a princess. They showed interest in my project and did everything possible to make me enjoy my stay. Very special thank you to Naomi from customer relations as she is a true star. Can recommend this hotel to everybody and already convinced some friends to stay there during their trip in July.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

The place is heavenly, got a couples massage (by Judith & Naomi ) exceptional! One of the best birthdays ever! Guest relations services are top notch, generally a wonderful experience. And they have good customer service

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Swahili Birthday Experience.
The Team and I appreciate you choosing us as your preferred venue for your birthday celebration.
We are glad you had a memorable experience.

We hope to host you again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel has completely lost its way. It has lost its charm, and is very run down. Please see my pictures. The staff are abysmal (my room was not serviced for 24 hours after check in - only after I asked 3 times did somebody come), the room service doesn’t show up, and half of the amenities that are promised to you (sauna and steam in spa) don’t work. None of them even say hi or greet you as you walk into the hotel, they just sit around not doing anything. There was also no hot water in my room on the first day.

The food is pretty decent. And the actual massage lady (from Philippines) was very good also.

Upon leaving - I asked for my bill to be prepared, and then went to pack, returning 40 minutes later to the reception. They still hadn’t prepared it - and then I asked for it again. I asked them if they could discount my spa treatment because the facilities weren’t working. They only agreed to 500 shillings off my bill, so it didn’t really matter. After another 10 minutes of waiting, I told them that if its not ready, I would have to leave. My taxi was waiting for ages, and I had to go to the airport (it was already within 1 hour of my flight departure time).

It didn’t come so I just left - then I was happily sitting in the airport - and a police man came up to me and told me that I had stolen from the hotel! I explained the situation to him and he was very nice, but to avoid any further altercation - I just gave him cash in dollars and left. I don’t know whether that money actually made it back to the hotel or not, but the fact that they called the police on me was INCREDIBLY outrageous.

I will never stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank FoodieLondon55
Jeff M, General Manager at Swahili Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a detailed review of your recent stay with us.

Thank you for appreciating the food and the Spa service.

We pride ourselves for our level of service and the attention to detail we offer as witnessed by the many positive reviews on this site.
I am, therefore, personally disappointed that there were delays in servicing your room and the staff you encountered were not friendly.
There is also no excuse for the steam bath at the Spa not working.

I must admit that after the heavy rains we have had in the past 2 months, some parts of the buiding are not spic and span.
The maintenance team is working tirelessly, against the elements, to ensure that the property constantly looks fresh, and sometimes they may miss a spot.
I assure you that the images you have shared are not the norm.

While I do not condone or endorse, in any shape or form, the treatment you received at the airport, I take full responsibility.
Quite frankly, we were wrong for the action we took and could have handled the situation, which was our fault, much better.
I do hope you can accept mine and my team's sincerest apologies.

The team and I take feedback very seriously and appreciate you mentioning the part of your stay with us that did not meet your expectations.
Please allow me to contact you directly to discuss your experience with you.
I hope I can convince you to give Swahili Beach Resort another chance.

I look forward to talking to you.

yours sincerely