All reviews cascading pools spice route swahili architecture beach bar beautiful hotel south coast rain shower breakfast and dinner superior room rooms are spacious indian cuisine samosas half board special thanks guest relations main restaurant large pool
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

The pools are to die for for those who love swimming..
Good food ... friendly staff Ali front desk the best!
Very clean environment..
Comfortable bed..nice Swahili bathrooms,loved that!
Would come back yes..

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2018

Wow! Where do I start - I flew into Mombasa with my girlfriend and enlisted the hotel to arrange a driver to pick us up. His name was Eric and he was entertaining, an excellent driver where road rules are simply non existent! LOL

We arrived to the hotel and as you are let in behind the gates you get a feel you are going to have a great time. The experience at reception was amazing and they fell in love with my girlfriend - me they need the X-ray glasses as "Moi" is just beautiful on the inside.
The room was fantastic with a wonderful feel - the architecture is sublime. During our time there we learnt the staff's names. At dinner we were at the beach bar and I asked the waitresses name - it was Sophia. Behind us another employee challenged us " You have never asked me my name!" We all were grinning. Her name was Susan and she is in charge of Guest Relations. So I had a Sophia a Susan and my girlfriend Sylvia ....
the three "S's" LOL.

The food is excellent and I had a great chicken stir fry on night one. The next day Sylvia wanted a particular table and the attendant a woman said "of course - But you owe me a chocolate." She was joking. Sylvia had the idea we buy a chocolate for her and when we presented this to her - Susan was again in our ear.... "where is my chocolate? - ' with you two I am always missing out".... We were having a great time. Susan came to us after dinner and did something really special and we will ever forget it. Susan really works her audience and loves awesome people.

The owner who I believe is sick has done an an amazing job with the hotel. The architecture - the pictures - the pools and the staff just shone. I am not wealthy but I tried as much as I could to tip the staff. This brings me to William and he is a professional waiter and mentioned to me - "you know that tip you gave me yesterday, I bought a beer before my two hour trip home." he really appreciated it and we had a lot of fun in his company.

Lilly and Bernhard were fantastic and made dinner in the main restaurant a part of the day we really looked forward too. Bernhard took photos using my phone that we were not aware they were being taken. He also really loves to "sell" you a bottle of wine.... LOL

Susan was every where and teased me by saying "if I was looking for wife 4 in Kenya she was in!" LOL..... she made the stay something I will never forget.

I am a non drinker and being Australian experienced a Dowa Sowa for the first time. Loved them! The beach is great for walks and you just need to watch the tide.

We experienced a couples massage and to hear the waves literally mad me fall asleep.

The staff love the hotel and it shows! I hope to stay there again one day!

Our driver Eric picked us up at 5:00am and we left a hotel knowing that it had been a "once in a life time experience!"

From my experience if you treat the hotel staff with respect they try really hard to do the right thing!

After lunch I gave him a tip and the next day he said to me "Peter after I finish work and have

I hope to stay here again - one day!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Resort property overall is nice, quite picturesque. On the other hand, serivice is a horrific nightmare. Finishing our 5 day stay now. From simple requests to reserve a table, to an absolute nightmare with laundry and house keeping---and disastrous poolside service where they say towels are always out of stock (even though they are not fully booked). To milkshakes that take an hour, each and everyday we ordered over 5 days. All in all, management has been completely MIA. John the Reservations Manager is the exception & he is a star! He helped pull our rooms together, their best suite is the executive or superior suite. We had a balcony joined room for our kids thanks to John. Our transfers and our stay in Alamanara Villa in Diani beach for the rest of our stay un this location are also thanks to John. Concierge /guest relations staff [Rally & Susan] tried to satisfy our requests but seem to have little ability to execute most basic request, even when they tried. Any request seems to be 'no we cant'! This could be in part due to a lack of cooperation from other departments in the hotel and absent management. However, all of our minimal requests seemed to be deliberately ignored or impossible to accommodate. This nice hotel could be amazing if the absent management stepped up their game in each & every aspect of the guest experience. Hiba Elmi Gudal

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Overall a nice place with spacious rooms, good pool and decent beach. Restaurant buffet is good and rich in variety, breakfast as well. I recommend it even if it’s a bit expensive (we paid 180USD for the first night and 250USD for the second). Small tweaks needed: a bit more attentive staff, better cleaning in the rooms and in the outdoor areas and service should be faster in check outs and room service.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Swahili Beach resort is the perfect resort for a honeymoon couple like we were. The breath taking architecture with an Arabic theme is so beautiful that your camera doesn't do justice. It has about 10 pools in a tier structure so it could be used as your private pool!

We were given the honeymoon suite and that again is gorgeous with two patios. The resort has its own private beach which has white sands and blue waters.

The Baharini restaurant has live music on a few days of the week and overlooking the blue sea makes it the perfect candle lit dinner place! The food served on half board had an excellent spread of both veg and meat items. They even have a decent Indian food spread.

The spa is another marvel as you overlook the white beach while getting a massage and body scrub. Yoh are at peace here. This is a must do at Swahili!

The staff here are also extremely friendly and helpful. They catered to our every request and overwhelmed us with their hospitality.

Would definitely come back here!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple