1,137 results
All reviews entertainment team beach boys pool bar jt safaris day safari beach sellers fantastic holiday forty thieves salt water hotel grounds three star third world country water polo plenty of sunbeds buy something main restaurant daily activities
Reviewed 22 May 2018

No fly catchers anywhere where there is food, I did not enjoy sharing my meal with tons of flies. And the food was just plain tasting and barely no alternatives for different meals - fish always but meat not always. Really strange with all these "reviews" praising their food. All lies all together - can it be internets troll factories writing these reviews? What about the small 2-3 mm long ants in the bed? I presume they were ants but don't know for sure. They were not lice anyway. Drinks? Only African brands was included in all inclusive, the good stuff was there but one drink costs as much as an bottle in supermarket. People leaving their food unattended and monkeys steel it, lots of monkeys on the compound. Lots of monkeys means lots of monkey poop which means lots of flies, right? These are the flies on your food. This was a terrible visit - a total rip off.

Room Tip: Choose another resort.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Karla K, Owner at Diani Sea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear P K,
Thank you for taking the time to for this review. We are sorry you did not enjoy your food. You are right that during rainy season there are more flies even though we adhere to international cleaning standards. It is also true that there are monkeys around , however, we do strive to clean up monkey poo as quickly as possible.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

I spent my honeymoon at this beautiful hotel. Honestly, I have never felt happier about being Kenyan. We were treated so well by the staff considering the hotel has a majority of foreigners. We even felt VIP ;-).........The service was excellent. Initially, our room had a leaking bathroom issue, upon raising the concern, we were moved to another room immediately. The food was of a good variety to choose from. I especially liked the service of a lady called Pendo and Joseph. I would not hesitate to be back soon.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 538lily

Dear 538lily,
Thank you for taking the time for this lovely review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will pass the praise to Pendo and Joseph.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

I really loved the hotel and the service. Everyone is so kind helpful and smiling all the time. The food was delicious, especially fresh fruits! I loved the animation team which really took a good care of us and entertained us during our stay. I will definitelly come back to Diani Sea Resort in the future. Great Holiday!

Room Tip: The best are the rooms with a view to the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Alex L

Dear Alex L,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back here very soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Stayed here for the eighth time. Have tried other hotels on the strip but always come back to this one As usual they are so helpful. Carrying our bags from the car each day. Helping my husband get me my food on days when it's a buffet . Getting a table near the buffet and bringing lunch and drinks to our room when I was too tired. I am disabled and do not walk very well I even bought my wheel chair with me this time. They did try to help me by putting down ramps but unfortunately all this coastal area is steep and some ramps were too steep to be safe and so I walked down to the pool and then used the chair around the beach area and pool. There are always people to help if I needed it. I know the management are seeing what they can do to help people like me with restrictive movement. The rooms now are very comfortable as you get a safe, fridge and tea making facilities without the huge supplements some hotels charge. It is all inclusive and as we work most days we got lunch boxes which kept us going. I hope we can continue to visit this place each year it is one of the most romantic places on earth with beautiful beaches and outdoor buffets several times a week. The full moon shining over the sea is magical.

Room Tip: Those nearer the sea are lovely but if disabled ask for block near the reception and dining room
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rosie D
Reviewed 15 April 2018

We stayed as a family of 3 at the start of April.
It was a bit of a game of 2 halves. The welcome was horrendous. Not so much the hotels fault but none of us on our safari had been told that it's 2 hours, including a ferry ride, from Mombasa Airport and as we had been travelling for 13 hours when we landed we could have done with somewhere closer.
We got to the hotel at 9.45pm and were met by 2 of the rudest hotel staff we have ever encountered. We were given juice but one of the ladies we had arrived with asked for water, and was told there wasn't any and she should drink the juice and enjoy it! There was a disco happening which was at such a high volume we could barely hear each other, and when we got to our room we could still hear it. They had saved us some food, which was a nice gesture but the music was so loud the cutlery in the dinning room was vibrating on the side plates. We were so horrified by the rudeness and the noise that when we met our rep the following morning we said we wanted him to find us somewhere else.
However, the first morning was wonderful. Every member of staff was lovely. Breakfast had been nice, and we found the pool to be lovely. It was like being in a different place - a wonderfully relaxing, friendly, beautiful place.
For the rest of our stay everything was brilliant. We had issues with air conditioning and a broken toilet seat but both were sorted within 30 mins of being reported which was great.
The food was good with plenty of choice, and it was nice that dinner was served outside sometimes.
Our room was nice, with a separate room for our son. It was spacious and clean.
The hotel obviously caters for the German market and most guests were German or Polish.
The beach is beautiful. Absolutely stunning. Although we did spend most of our time in the pool as my son liked the slide. There was water aerobics, and water polo. Also table tennis, darts and mini golf.
This would have been a 5 star review if we hadn't had such a bad experience when we arrived.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family