“Sky Dive = must do @Diani Beach!”
Review of Skydive Diani

Skydive Diani
More attraction details
Owner description: Get a birds-eye view over the most beautiful beach in Kenya! Skydive Diani offers tandem jumps for $350 which allows you to experience the thrill of free fall and a magnificent canopy flight over the coastline without any significant training. If you want to learn how to skydive by yourself, you need to check out our Accelerated Free Fall course. In a few days, you could be leaping out on your own at 12,000 feet. The price for a complete course is $2,600. Are you a licensed skydiver looking for fun? Don't miss this phenomenal drop zone right on the beach. The price for a jump ticket is $35. Skydive Diani - Where every jump is a beach jump.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I did the Sky dive as a tandem with Angelo last week and it was simply awesome. The whole equipment and staff seems to be absolutely professional and of high quality: safety first. The best of all: every jump ends at the lovely Diani Beach.

ingvild217, General Manager at Skydive Diani, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Hey Ralf!! Thank you so much for your lovely review!! Awesome to hear that you enjoyed your jump, hope to see you again soon!!

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"freefall"
"thrill"

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My first Skydive in Diani, and the Experience was Just Amazing, the staff were nice, definitely going back

ingvild217, General Manager at Skydive Diani, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you so much for your review Allan!!! It's awesome to hear that you had such a good experience jumping with us!!
Looking forward to see you again when you come back for your next jump!!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

A thrilling experience - one to remember and cherish forever. I went when there was an international sky diving festival taking place, hence there was a lot of positive energy and a lot of Buzzz... around.
It was a Tandem dive - my first and though there was the anxiety, the trainers put us at ease and gave the right instructions and assurance.
We were about 20 all huddled on the floor, in the small aircraft, without a door - but that made it easier to jump one after another.
We landed well on the beach and it was an awesome experience. I enjoyed every second of the experience, considering i have a phobia of heights, jumping at 14000 feet, was beautiful, almost a spiritual experience.

ingvild217, General Manager at Skydive Diani, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Hey Sukesha!
Thank you so much for your wonderful review!! I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a great time with us and that our instructors did such a good job putting you at ease before your jump.
Well done for conquering your fear of heights, hope to see you again for another jump!!!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I had a terrible experience at this dropzone. Not only the staff was rude and disrespectful towards clients and safety measures, but their gear is also not trustale. In one of my jumps, during the freefall, my altimeter stopped working at 9000 feet. Right before the exit of the plane, one of the 'Instructors' unstrapped the altimeter from my wrist, checked it and gave it back to me. As far as i know, it is illegal to unstrap the altimeter on the plane. I have no idea if this affected the malfunction of the altimeter of if it was done on purpose. This is actually just one of the bad episodes that me and my girlfriend experienced during my 2 days stay. I also want to add that in none of their photos the actual plane they use is shown, which is actually a very small plane with no seatbelts, no seats and no doors. I strongly NOT reccomend to this dropzone if are looking for fun and safe skydiving.
I feel ashamed at myself for having jumped here.

ingvild217, General Manager at Skydive Diani, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Response by Chief Instructor:

I am sorry you feel this way, but do think your sentiments reflect your inexperience in this sport. I feel your comments are worthy of a response:

You arrived at our drop zone reportedly having made 25 previous skydives. You had no log book, no evidence, you have no license and when tested on your knowledge were unable to answer the questions or complete safety drills appropriately. Understandably, we were forced to not allow you to make a skydive until you had undergone some further training. Once this had been completed, you did a coached skydive with our Chief Instructor. During this Skydive, you will remember that you forgot to deploy your parachute at the correct altitude and he had to indicate for you to do so.

As a result of this, you were again grounded until further training was completed.

As a non-licensed skydiver you are not allowed to jump with your girlfriend, not allowed to do complex formations or skydiving disciplines like “head down” jumping as they are very advanced disciplines that require extensive training and experience, neither of which you have.

Decisions made at the drop zone had your safety in mind. You may not like them, nor agree with them, but such decisions mean we maintain our top position in safety and remain one of the only incident free Skydive centres in the world.

I remain available for your continued education and training should you ever feel the desire to return.

On a side note, the altimeter failing is a simple lie. Your instructor checked it in the plane to ensure it was working (standard practice when supervising students like yourself) and confirmed it was.

We lease all our aircraft, and fly the most appropriate based on the number of skydivers present. With it just being you, your girlfriend and a few others, it made more sense putting up our 6 jumper Cessna 206 than the 17 jumper Caravan or 30 jumper Embraer!!