See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 July 2018

The apartment was spotlessly clean with everything you need provided. There was a hole in the mosquito net and personally I found the bed (and the pillows!) hard and uncomfortable. I asked for a softer one, which was provided, but still found it hard to achieve night time comfort.
The view from the apartment was lovely with a balcony, however despite there being a picture of a pool on the website, the apartments have no pool! The owner kindly allowed me limited use of the neighbouring pool, but it wasn't the same as having a pool to sit around (that was my plan). Part way through the 2nd week it wasn't available at all.
You can hear loud music some nights and mornings were often disturbed by dogs barking, lots of strimming and the noise - particularly of chairs scraping in neighbouring apartments - really carried. I cannot agree it was particluarly quiet.
It is also misleading to suggest that yoga, meditation etc are on tap! They're not! many of the centres are a long way away, not really usable without a car, and mostly the centres offer closed retreats, mostly to Germans. I misunderstood the website and thought Zambeta was more of a centre - I can see in hindsight it's not! I felt quite isolated on my own in an apartment. Had imagined there would be activities where I could meet people.
Arillas is a lovely area and information was provided which helped me to make the most of what was on offer. I did lots of walking and there are plenty of nice places to eat, but it wasn't at all the holiday I was expecting.
If you are going with someone else, like very firm bedding and do not mind the noises mentioned, then these apartments are very pleasant, well-located and have everything you need.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

I really liked the owners, good friendly people. Apartment was very neat and clean. On evenings one can hear music from the beach if window open. 5 min walk from Arillas Beach. Very quiet and nice during the day. The terrace overlooks a green garden

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lazhanski_z
Reviewed 23 June 2016

What wonderful hosts Alex and Christina have proved from their warm and generous welcome to the lovely apartment my girlfriend and I stayed in. The small community of Arillas has a very special atmosphere which our hosts have played an active part in creating.

You'll just have to visit and sit in the beautiful garden chatting with Alex and his friends while drinking Ouzo or his wonderful homemade liqueurs to find out why.

The apartment we stayed in met all our needs perfectly, clean, tidy, and the complementary wine from Alex's cellar the icing on the cake.

Its well worth exploring the surrounding area because in all honesty I've not stayed in a more beautiful part of the world than North West Corfu. Make sure you visit Afionas and the beaches to both the north and south of Arillas.

Arillas has it's own superb beach set in a stunning setting that gently slopes into the warm waters of the mediterranean sea.

Lot's of high quality food to enjoy in the many local establishments, make sure you try the local specialities and don't forget to try a glass of Kumquat Liqueur - sublime stuff.

A place we wish to return to soon.

Thank you Alex and Christina.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2015

After arriving in Arillas and spending a week at the Athina apts. for a wedding, we found the Zambeta apartments and made a reservation for an extra week. We were excited about the nice kitchen and the cleanliness of the room. We quickly noticed after arrival that there was no AC. The room had mosquito nets but there were many holes in the one over the main bed. With no AC, we were forced to sleep in a sauna or keep the doors open which meant the room was flooded with mosquitos who seemed to have no problem getting through and under the net. This was a constant battle throughout our stay. In the end we decided to leave a day early, and we gave more than a 48 hour notice of our change of plans. When paying the owed amount on the day before our departure, I was coldly reminded that instead of compassionate service we were dealt a cold hand and made to pay for the last night even though we were not going to stay. After a few short exchanges, I was given a discount of 20 euro for the last night.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Green_Corfu, Manager at Zambeta Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Hello John!
I understand your frustration with the mosquitos and I am sorry. It is an issue everywhere around Arillas. If you had told us about your mosquito net being damaged, we could have replaced it...
As far as the A/C is concerned, we do not have them, we mention this very clearly on our website and on all our listings. People come here for peace and quiet and the noise of an A/C unit would ruin that.
As far as the last night is concerned, it is common practice to pay for your booking when you arrive and provided you find everything to your liking. Especially in the high season, cancelling a night's stay two days ahead, means that the apt will be empty, as we do not have the chance to rebook it.... But you still got a refund in the end!
Anyway, I hope you are enjoying ourselves and maybe we will meet again in beautiful Arillas!
All the best,
Alex

Reviewed 15 July 2015

I loved staying at Zambeta this year. The apartment was a showcase of the generous hearts of Alex and Christina....salt, pepper, local honey and olive oil, sugar...all provided. And the small, extra touches like hair dryer, bottle of their own wine, the very fully stocked kitchen, and the opportunity for a glass of wine in the beautiful garden all combine to make staying at Zambeta a memorable experience.

Date of stay: June 2015