21 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 01/05/21
Free cancellation until 30/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 01/05/21
StayForLongUS$76
eDreamsUS$70
TravelocityUS$70
3,482 results
All reviews mama mia seagull restaurant tui rep kebab curries dona sylvia resort beach sellers buffet restaurant swimming pool special mention great holiday special thanks pool staff direct access to the beach excellent hospitality indian food beach shack
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 March 2021

Amazing property, amazing food with great guest service! Special mention to Ms. Gita Naik for her commendable efforts in making guests happy! She and her team made sure that all our demands are taken care off! She does all to bring a smile on her guests face! My family is elated with this stay at novotel and one important reason for this was Ms. Gita.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Dennis Dcosta, General Manager at Novotel Goa Dona Sylvia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2021

Dear Ishu,

Greetings from Novotel Goa Dona Sylvia Resort!

We are thrilled to understand that you had a relaxing stay with us.

We have shared your words of appreciation with the team and especially with Gita to whom it shall be definitely be a great source of inspiration.

We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 8 March 2021 via mobile

A very beautiful property and really happy with the services at Novotel Goa Dona Sylvia resort. The best part of this property is how they maintain a cordial relationship with guests. Here, I would like to mention Ms. Gita Naik! She organized my sister's birthday which we celebrated during our stay at Novotel. She very sweetly arranged for a beautiful room decoration and cake for my sister.
Must say that she fulfilled our expectations to the fullest! We are delighted by her caring and helpful attitude towards the guests. Her efforts are worth commending!

Greetings from Novotel Goa Dona Sylvia Resort!

We thank you for staying at Novotel Goa Dona Sylvia and sharing your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor.

It is extremely gratifying for us to know that you enjoyed your special day with our warm hospitality.
We are happy to know that we lived up to your expectation.

We are definitely looking forward to extending our gracious hospitality once again.

Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

We booked Novotel dona for 3 nights. We stayed in the boutique king villas . The rooms were simple and nicely designed. The overall property is massive and has good looking villas and cottages across the 20 acre land.

The biggest positives
1. A massive pool that both kids and adults enjoyed thoroughly . Infact the only bit that we really enjoyed in our stay.
2. Well designed rooms that were adequately spaced out
3. Beach in proximity (around 5 mins walk)

The let downs
1. The food was a major dissapointment. Not a single meal stood out and even the breakfast was average. Step out to Mike's Place / fisherman's wharf nearby for better food options

2. With Covid restrictions surprised to see nothing followed in the property from social distancing pov. The breakfast was extremely crowded and no efforts by the hotel to space out guests. It could have been easily managed by the hotel by giving rooms slots to follow but rather they let guest roam around without masks and in full numbers. In addition they were hosting isl players as well

3. The play room for children was limited and most activities were charged- drawing / colouring etc

4. The last day pool was dirty and clearly implied that it was not cleaned. We found egg shells inside the pool .

Overall a massive property but not too much efforts to engage with guests. The property being mostly used for corporate gatherings could do a lot better in handling families.

Also a sincere request to follow covid precautions when they are admitting so many guests in.

Greetings from Novotel Goa Dona Sylvia Resort!

We appreciate your efforts of sharing your valuable feedback on this forum.

Our constant endeavour is to ensure a satisfying guest experience and we regret failing to match your expectations.
Our team has been sensitized of the same and measures have been taken to ensure a similar experience does not re-occur.

The details of your review have been shared with our team & we have already implemented corrective measures to avoid such occurrence in the future.

The team assures to provide you with a true Novotel Goa Dona Sylvia Experience on your next visit.

We sincerely look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

Very happy staying here. All staff and team members are really very good well behaved and friendly, helpful. Roseline, gita, dileep. Spl thanks to mansi, rohit fatte and milton and his entire team. Hope to see you all again.

Greetings from Novotel Goa Dona Sylvia Resort!

We are happy to receive your wonderful feedback on this forum.

Your kind praises are the perfect source of our inspiration for our entire team. We are extremely thankful for all your special recommendations.

Reviewed 4 March 2021

I was actually looking forward to my stay at Dona Silva considering Novotel had taken over.
My check in despite registering online wasn’t smooth.
Unlike all Accor hotels the world over which has a separate Accor member access, Dona silva lacked one.
I trusted the gentleman who registered me and informed me the first floor room was just seven steps, which wasent, it was almost 19.
The room was shabby, the hand shower broken which I got rectified, the door to the balcony grazed against the floor which screeched on usage, again I rectified the same with housekeeping. The mini fridge looked 10 years old with paint chipped. The bathroom did not provide rinse glasses and upon request from house keeping I was informed due to covid restrictions the same cannot be provided.
I come from a hotel background spending over 15 years with the Taj and Hyatt and I understand hotels and all departments.
But I had to inform the management that it’s not my duty to rectify room remedies, and yes I was disappointed as an accor member and it was my worst hotel experience.
20 minutes later Ms Geeta came over ,apologised and insisted on me changing my room, by which time I had already unpacked and settled. I politely refused and said I could manage for two days.
Ms Geeta insisted and was too kind and considerate, just the next villa and ground level.
I repacked and accepted and lo and behold the transformation of the room was from economy last row to First class !!!
FnB
I was looking to the special Sunday brunch that was advertised on the key card.
Sadly there was no Sunday brunch and not even a buffet so I had to settle for a disappointing set menu on my complimentary buffet voucher.
I had most meals at the restaurant, the chicken fried rice and chicken in black bean was good and I did compliment the chef, however the pizza could have been better for a five star product. The pizza base was dry and hard and tasted anything but pizza.
Ofcourse the hotel was very busy with a wedding group but that gives no excuse not satisfy other guests.
Again I had to use my cake voucher and had to repeatedly remind them five times fir the same.
What was disappointing was the lack of professionalism in so many departments at this accor property.
Kindly consider this as constructive criticism from an ex hotelier so it may help in improving services.
And yes I had to cart my own luggage from lobby to my car, which is fine by me,but it simply does not suit the Novotel Brand.

Date of stay: March 2021
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Dennis Dcosta, General Manager at Novotel Goa Dona Sylvia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2021

Dear Jo A

At the outset, thank you for taking the time out to share your feedback with us.

It was a pleasure meeting your wife and you multiple times after the initial discontent about your rooms which you too had mentioned was taken care of.

At our interaction that night with our Executive housekeeper at dinner, you mentioned that your meal experience was excellent as well, your feedback about the pizza is well received and will be looked into.

Sometimes due to operational exigencies, resorts do alter offerings and during your stay with us, this exactly was the case during your stay with us.

I have noted your comments on lack of promptness at attending to your requests while staying at the resort.

You had shared your feedback with me even at the time of departure very briefly and I had assured you that the same would be looked into.

It is unfortunate that in spite of our best efforts during your stay, we were unable to ensure that you went back with pleasant memories.

We are grateful to the numerous positive reviewers that continue to motivate us to further delight our numerous guests that visit our property. Our ranking is indeed a testimony of the same.

A review like yours, does give us impetus to work on ensuring these rare instances which sometimes occur can be introspected and worked on to ensure we continue to dazzle and delight our guests.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and redeem your confidence.

Regards