Date: 18 December 2010
We booked this hotel for our weeklong stay in Goa mainly based on its #1 rating on TripAdvisor. And it is a unique little gem, really.
We have stayed at many hotels over the years, often luxury ones with impeccable details and fantastic designs. Price-wise Casa Candolim is on par with these better-class hotels. But the comparison fails: Casa Candolim is not a luxury place. Yet, in ten years from now, I’m sure we will still fondly remember the vacation we had there.
It is the perceptive and friendly service that makes it worthwhile staying in this small family-run hotel. The owners and staff are social at just the right level and they go to great length to make you feel at home. In the afternoon, the staff would bring out snacks and coffee for guests who had opted to spend the day in the shade of the palm trees in the little garden. At no charge.
Even my family, who did not stay in the hotel, was received with open arms and exceptionally generously when they came to visit. The owner even offered us to invite them all (ten people) to the hotel’s garden for the celebration of my father’s birthday. For the occasion they had prepared home-baked cake, snacks and a fantastically thoughtful gift.
This said, there is nothing wrong with the facilities. The room we had was spacious and pretty, the breakfast is good and the distance to the beach is limited. The garden may be small, but it’s a relaxing and quiet place – one where you really don’t mind spending an afternoon or two with a good book.
And as many people have written before. Casa Candolim is a place you would definitely come back to and recommend to your friends. Thank you very much for making our stay so pleasant!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combine the opulence and luxury of 5 star hotels, The Leela Goa with the natural beauty and Portuguese heritage of South Goa for the ultimate beach holiday. The hotel is set in 75 lush acres with a pristine beach, a 12 hole golf course and world class dining making it the finest 5 star hotels in Goa. While the rooms and suites, The Restaurant and the signature Jamavar have been designed by Jeffrey A. Wilkes, the principal designer of DESIGNWILKES, the art and embellishment has been done by Mrs. Madhu Nair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Leela Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Leela Goa Hotel Cavelossim
- Leela Kempinski Goa Cavelossim
- Leela Goa
- Goa Hotel Leela
- Goa Leela
- Leela Kempinski Goa Hotel Cavelossim
- Leela Palace Goa
- The Leela Goa Cavelossim