Estrela da Luz
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor poolstudio apartmenthugo beatywashing machinesea viewan adultseparate kitchenspa facilitiesreception staffminute walkall mod conssky boxself cateringbar and restaurantwhole complexda luzmilk in the fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We had a lovely four night break at Estrela De Luz. Our apartment was spacious, clean and well equiped (group of 8 friends for some b'day celebrations), the wifi is fast and free, the staff are helpful and friendly and the weather for mid October was amazing. We didn't visit the spa or gym (it wasn't that kind of break) but there were people using those facilities and it looked well equipped and treatments reasonably priced.

The pools are nice but we didn't spend much time there as the beach, which is only a 5min walk, is really beautiful, clean and quiet. There are heaps of places to eat and drink and we tried our best to visit as many as possible. All eight of us agreed we'd come back with families if not together again.

Great value for money, and I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a relaxing break.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Parkgirls
Reviewed 14 October 2012

when with the wife, the mother and mother in law. Being close to the beach was great as the mother and mother in law enjoyed strolling to the beach in the morning leaving myself and the wife to enjoy the pool. Apartments were superb, could not fault the quality of the accommodation.
Used the restaurant/bar regularly and the food on offer was excellent, the staff were welcoming, friendly, professional and care about customer service.
The pool area was clean and well maintained.
Would return without any difficulty.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rgsgolf
Reviewed 12 October 2012

My husband and I were in Portugal for a total of 3 weeks. During that time we had the use of a rental car which allowed us to visit the country extensively and also gave us the opportunity to stay at 7 different hotels along the way. This was not one of our favorites. We stayed in room E2E...building E on the second floor in room 3.

Pros: Studio apartment was large and spacious especially since there was only 2 of us. Apartment was quite clean. Having a clothes washer and dishwasher in the apartment was a definite plus. Kitchen was large for an apartment and was well stocked with utensils, cups, glasses etc. Small balcony offered a partial view of the ocean which was marred by a view of a run down apartment complex. Fast wifi and close proximity to stores, restaurants and the beach.

Cons: The noisiest room with the thinnest walls ever!! While we only stayed for 2 nights....it was 2 nights with no sleep. The people above us had a child who liked to run back and forth across the room and who thought that other guests would also appreciate the sound of chairs being pushed and scrapped constantly across the floor. They also had late night guests that were loud and boisterous until 3:30 in the morning. The mattress was one of the worst that I have ever had the displeasure to sleep on.....it was not only hard.....it had steel coils poking through in many places....by the time we checked out...we had bruised hip bones from laying on our side and sore backs.....the sofa bed was more comfortable. It was nice that there was a clothes washer but there was no dryer....the clothes rack is useless on a cloudy day. Check in time was 4:00pm and Check out was at 10:00 a.m...(ridiculous in my opinion).

Overall I would not return. Initially I was wowed by how large the unit was but soon realized that the negatives outweighed the positives although I could see how larger families might like the spaciousness of the units, I for one need my sleep especially while vacationing and I was glad to leave and continue on to my next destination.

Room Tip: Pray that you don't get room E2E....the coils in the mattress will give you nightmares!! Ask for another room if you can.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KarmaTravels007
Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

Definitely come again next year. Great location for family stay. Beach is 10 minute walk, several supermarkets and tasty restaurants are right aside. Very friendly staff.
If you're tired of the day heat, then you could have a swim in several inland pools. They even got one for the small children!
Thanks a lot!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank JPGromov
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed for two weeks at the start of September and loved the place. Staff were really helpful and printed off our hire car papers for us and found my missing hat.

The apartment itself was huge. We booked a studio apartment and were upgraded to a one bedroom apartment, which was huge. Lovely kitchen, big balcony, spotless bathroom. Only gripes were the bed was rock hard and we were woken early each morning by the family above, whose children decided that 7 in the morning was the right time to scream, shout and scrape chairs around the floor. There was no sleeping through it. As all the floors are tiled you can hear everything.

I wouldn't go back purely because on holiday I want to relax and sleep until at least 8 and I wouldn’t want to chance getting unlucky and have noisy people above me again!

The room itself was faultless though.

Room Tip: Go for the top apartments!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple