West End Hotel(Peyia)(Great Value!)
US$53
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgeorge's clubhalloumiwedding plannerakamas peninsulaat lunchtimewaiter serviceswimming poolcyprusluxurycoastlineseareceptionist
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The only positive is the location. We had dinner with friends, terrible service, scruffy staff, poor menu, overpriced. I complained about my meal, the waiter said "we'll change it", I didn't want it changed, (I would have waited another fifteen minutes, eaten it alone and inconvenienced my companions). Then he said "we'll take it off the bill" (they didn't). His boss came and insisted there was nothing wrong with the meal! The proprietors clearly don't care so highly unlikely that anything will change (they don't even respond to reviews on this site). We won't be back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank KernoKid
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We called in for sundowners and were immediately impressed by the decor and layout of the beachside bar. The sunset was spectacular.

I can't think of any other good points.

The bar/restaurant was almost empty but the staff weren't at all welcoming, immediately saying that all the tables with a view were reserved (for those eating perhaps, although they remained vacant for the hour we were there). We were allocated a table right at the back, very convenient for the car park. The service was just about adequate; we would have thought that the staff in a place of this calibre would have worn some sort of simple uniform but in fact it was hard to distinguish them, except that they (the staff) were far less formally dressed than any of the customers.

The drinks were expensive and the waiter had no knowledge of the wine being served by the glass, simply saying gruffly that if we didn't like it he'd take it back.

Cap St George is heavily promoted as something very special, but it fails in this one aim completely so we won't be returning any time soon. Very disappointing and they must do a lot better if they're going to survive so close to some excellent alternatives.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We called in for a drink at lunchtime. As a this time we didn't intend to eat we got placed at the back. However we did decide to have a light lunch. Food was very good and lots of it. Expensive but if we had a table with a view it would probably have been worth it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2017

The title really says it all. Cap St Georges has some of the most amazing houses I have ever seen (albeit that they are rather close together) and the club house is stunning so I was really expecting the restaurant to be something else. Well, the location was fantastic and it was stylishly set out but the food and service were just so mediocre. Staff were standing around looking at their watches and when my husband mentioned that his steak wasn't rare the manager who was alerted by a waiter argued that well it was "medium rare so that was OK then".

Our waiter was very attentive but as noted above many of the staff seemed bored and wanting to be elsewhere. Considering the prices this place charges the food and service really should be much much better and the menu should have a lot more variety.

Incidentally the hotel isn't yet open and this is purely a restaurant review.

Room Tip: There is no hotel here yet.
Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Leishia2014
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

After much publicity this place was a must for us to try out.
As we were unsure of what prices were likely to be we chose to go for our wedding Anniversary seeing as it seems like a special type of place that would make it worth remembering and we could watch the sunset.
We booked in advance and due to this we did expect to be seated in a better position. However we had not been reserved a front row seated table and so other people already occupied them...maybe they had all booked too?
The resturant was not busy with 4 tables occupied and one at the front which was occupied with a couple just taking drinks.
We ordered drinks and waited and waited..infact we waited so long that we had to ask the. To chase up what had happened to them. This was a disappointing start.
Staff seemed to be away from the are more than they were viable and when they were visible they were not looking to attend the tables as twice I had to refill my own water.
The food was excellent and we had expected nothing less so I am pleased to say that the sea bass and chicken dishes we chose were both excellent. My only comment here would be that I almost ordered seabass and thank goodness that I didn't because it came with a hit.....my husband said chilli which he maybe had missed on the menu and I would not have eaten.
The place is stunning and the food 5 star so if you can get passed the poor service or their service gets better then it would certainly be a place to be enjoyed if you want quality food.
It's not cheap of course but if both food and service were good you really wouldn't be bothered about the cost. For a nice place in a nice location with excellent food , it's worth paying a little more but poor service will put us off returning on a regular basis.
Management you need to get your service much better.
We have since spoken to two other friends who both tried out the resturant on our recommendation and both couples were also disappointed with the service, saying that it's just far to slow.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple