“A little tired......”

Craig Villa Guest House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dalmally
Reviewed 5 August 2015

Rebecca was lovely, friendly and welcoming. I would say there was a musty smell of damp from the twin room downstairs which really was not pleasant. The room I had upstairs was very tired and old fashioned, the whole place looks like it needs redecorated and upgraded. There was no tv's in the rooms and we didn't use the wifi.
Views from the house are stunning there is no doubt. We only stayed one night and really I am looking for a slightly better more up to date room.

Room Tip: Beautiful views...
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 May 2014

What can I say about the Craig Villa? Rebbecca was very warm and welcoming. She made us feel right at home straight away. This was our 7th year wedding annivessary so it was special for us. We got the four poster bed which was very comfy and enjoyable. Its very quiet there and you can hear all the birds singing and the grounds are beautiful too. If you want peace and quiet, then this is the place for you. Its a great place for exploring aswell.
The breakfast was well presented and she asked if you want tea or coffee and brings you toast too. She is very friendly and goes out of her way to make sure your stay is good and comfy, There is no TV in the rooms but that is okay because we were there for our annivesary. Would stay again,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

A warm welcome and large clean room. Bit worndown but still acceptable and everything functions. No tv in the room though, but no problem for me, like to read and there was wifi anyway. Breakfast is very good as well and it's a great overnight stop. Maybe a little on the expensive side as a single traveller but that's alway a difficult thing. No complaints and enjoyed it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MichaelBurm
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Rebecca was a wonderful host. She has a very beautiful, comfortable, quiet and relaxing home. We were two weeks into a three-week trip in France and the U.K. with our 5-year-old son so her quiet home was a welcome rest. I hate we were only able to spend one night here. We had a room with two beds overlooking the highway in front of the home with amazing views out the window. It's been a month since our stay and I can still "feel" the cozy feeling that hit me the second we walked in the door of our room. It was just so quiet and peaceful. The breakfast was very good as well. If I ever return to this area I will without hesitation stay at Craig Villa. It was also the cheapest by far of the seven apartments/B&Bs we stayed in on our trip. Craig Villa is a great value.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lance W
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I stayed at the Craig Villa B & B for three nights, (originally planned to stay four, but my plans changed)
Rebecca & her Husband made me feel welcome.
The on suite room I stayed in was a good size & was nice & clean.
The breakfast was well presented & very nice.
The only down side was that there was no TV in the room, although there was one in the lounge, which is o'k as long as everyone likes the same programmes. (so I read a lot instead)
The mobile phone signal was intermittent, which can prove a problem for anyone on business, & I had no internet access via my two mobile dongles, but hey I managed.
The B & B is usually closed at this time of year, but I dropped lucky & managed to get a reservation due to another couple staying there at the same time.
Overall a good B & B.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Yakamatutsi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dalmally
13.4 km away
2.8 km away
Inverstrae B&B
Inverstrae B&B
#3 of 6 in Dalmally

Been to Craig Villa Guest House? Share your experiences!