All reviews record player guest lounge board games loch lomond enjoyed our stay one night sitting room great place to stay on arrival scottish highlands comfortable bed great hosts glenorchy lodge pip vinyl armour wifi
Reviewed 25 May 2014

What can I say about the Craig Villa? Rebbecca was very warm and welcoming. She made us feel right at home straight away. This was our 7th year wedding annivessary so it was special for us. We got the four poster bed which was very comfy and enjoyable. Its very quiet there and you can hear all the birds singing and the grounds are beautiful too. If you want peace and quiet, then this is the place for you. Its a great place for exploring aswell.
The breakfast was well presented and she asked if you want tea or coffee and brings you toast too. She is very friendly and goes out of her way to make sure your stay is good and comfy, There is no TV in the rooms but that is okay because we were there for our annivesary. Would stay again,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

A warm welcome and large clean room. Bit worndown but still acceptable and everything functions. No tv in the room though, but no problem for me, like to read and there was wifi anyway. Breakfast is very good as well and it's a great overnight stop. Maybe a little on the expensive side as a single traveller but that's alway a difficult thing. No complaints and enjoyed it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MichaelBurm
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Rebecca was a wonderful host. She has a very beautiful, comfortable, quiet and relaxing home. We were two weeks into a three-week trip in France and the U.K. with our 5-year-old son so her quiet home was a welcome rest. I hate we were only able to spend one night here. We had a room with two beds overlooking the highway in front of the home with amazing views out the window. It's been a month since our stay and I can still "feel" the cozy feeling that hit me the second we walked in the door of our room. It was just so quiet and peaceful. The breakfast was very good as well. If I ever return to this area I will without hesitation stay at Craig Villa. It was also the cheapest by far of the seven apartments/B&Bs we stayed in on our trip. Craig Villa is a great value.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lance W
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I stayed at the Craig Villa B & B for three nights, (originally planned to stay four, but my plans changed)
Rebecca & her Husband made me feel welcome.
The on suite room I stayed in was a good size & was nice & clean.
The breakfast was well presented & very nice.
The only down side was that there was no TV in the room, although there was one in the lounge, which is o'k as long as everyone likes the same programmes. (so I read a lot instead)
The mobile phone signal was intermittent, which can prove a problem for anyone on business, & I had no internet access via my two mobile dongles, but hey I managed.
The B & B is usually closed at this time of year, but I dropped lucky & managed to get a reservation due to another couple staying there at the same time.
Overall a good B & B.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Yakamatutsi
Reviewed 28 July 2011

From the moment I arrived until the following morning when I left, I felt very welcomed and comfortable, all credited to the very friendly and hospitable host, Rebecca. She got me settled in very quickly, and then directed me to the nearest place to get dinner.

The property is located in a very, scenic, rural area of Scotland with lovely natural views and close to Kilchurn Castle (one of the best free sites I’ve experienced, but tricky to find – ask Rebecca for directions). It is an older style property and gave me the impression of “grandma’s house” which made it feel cosy and inviting. This overall feeling of warmth and comfort overwhelmed some of the slight negatives. (eg. Old mattress, upstairs ensuite with a really bad shower and the toilet was located external to my room.)

My room was located on the ground floor and was quite comfortable. It was moderately spacious and was decorated in a fashion to that of a grandma’s bedroom – olden style furniture, fixtures, carpet and decor etc. It consisted of an averagely comfortable double bed (due for an upgrade as the mattress was mediocre), bedside tables with lamps, a dressing table with 3-way mirror and chair, a sitting chair, a wardrobe, a full length mirror, small luggage rack, a small wall mounted coffee/tea station with kettle, and a vanity area inclusive of a sink, small towel rack (with two face towels) and a (slightly, tacky plastic) vanity cupboard with mirror.

My ensuite was located on the first floor, up a flight of stairs, which I thought was quite odd and inconvenient. However, there was a ground floor toilet (with a small basin) adjacent to my room, which I was allowed to use rather than climbing stairs in the night to reach my ensuite. The ensuite was very spacious, carpeted and consisted of a toilet, vanity sink and mirror, a wooden towel rack, and a terrible shower. This shower was very cramped and not very functional. The temperature was very inconsistent (too cold or far too hot – no happy medium) and the water pressure and volume was extremely poor – this was a real letdown and disappointing. Also, the towels were very rough, small and did not perform well.

The downstairs guest’s lounge area was very large and equipped with two, very comfortable leather settees and matching chair, another armchair, reading lamp, nest of tables (with books, magazines and board games), two reading lamps, an average sized TV (old style picture tube) and a DVD player. This area would be ideal for long term guests to relax in and be sociable.

The ground floor dining area was large enough to accommodate all the guests for breakfast (though maybe not all at once if it’s a full house) and looked presentable (again a bit old fashioned like granny’s) with sturdy dining chairs and four tables (two x 4 settings / two x 2 settings), all uniformly set. Breakfast was the standard choices of a full cooked breakfast, cereals, toast, preserves and orange juice and was all quite nice, however there was no yoghurt and apart from the preserves everything was served and you couldn’t help yourself.

Normally, with what I’ve described above would only deem this stay as average, however Rebecca’s friendliness and hospitality, the homely feel of the property, and the location and surrounds warrants a very good classification. I’m sure it won’t be everyone’s “cup of tea”, but I enjoyed it and therefore would recommend this guest house to other travellers looking for accommodation in the Argyll area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo