“Cramped but welcoming”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 November 2021

Small and cramped, you are lucky to get a table in this busy and popular cafe. The service is friendly, welcoming and very quick which I really appreciate after my experiences at the nearby Deli. The coffee is outstanding and the food excellent.

Date of visit: November 2021
Write a reviewReviews (268)

Reviewed 24 November 2021

We had lunch here yesterday and it was fantastic! Highly recommend the platters! We would have loved some cake but were too full :( maybe next time! Staff were friendly and efficient, a well run, made to order place. Well done team!

Reviewed 17 November 2021

My family and I have been going to Leonis for coffees, snacks and lunches for years now - I have known it since I was a little girl, and it has a very special place in my heart. There are several reasons why we have become regular customers… for one thing, the people are so lovely, caring and kind. You can always be sure of a smile and a kind word to go with the delicious coffee (truly, truly scrumptious… as are their other drinks, for instance the homemade lemonade!). The food is delicious as well (I’d like to highlight here Caitlin Dew’s baking, which is so good that she now also runs her own small business delivering yummy treats). Also, the atmosphere of the place is so calming. If ever you feel like the full coffee experience, with the smell of coffee beans, the gentle hum of people talking, soft lighting and a homely, comfortable surrounding, I cannot recommend this place strongly enough. The perfect place to meet friends, share a meal with family or just to enjoy a coffee and ponder life by yourself.
If you want a taste of what is best about Malton, drop by Leonis!

Reviewed 10 November 2021

We had iced coffees and they were wonderful along with some some homemade cakes. Lovely place with friendly and efficient staff.

Date of visit: October 2021
Reviewed 9 November 2021 via mobile

Met here for a Coffee and a catch up. Coffee (columbian) was excellent and a perfect crumbly and delicious Lemon Drizzle cake.