“As good as ever”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 January 2022 via mobile

Came back here for the first time since the start of the pandemic. I'm pleased to say that the standards and the quality are just as high as ever. The coffee is still exceptional and they have really upped their game with their cake selection. Dom has now taken over from Simon which I think is a perfect evolution of the business and will ensure standards and quality remain high. Although there are some new faces staff wise, each and every one were working with a smile on their face and seemed to be genuinely enjoying being there.
They've redecorated since I was last in, but as with everything they do, it had been done tastefully and with style. Keep up the good work.... It's good to be back

Date of visit: January 2022
Write a reviewReviews (274)

Reviewed 3 December 2021

Fantastic choice and quality coffee. Great selection of home baked breakfast items and cakes. We had daily choice of coffee teacake and cinnamon toast, excellent. Sandwiches and platters looked fresh and enticing. Staff exceptionally friendly despite being run off their feet. We sat in window and noted there was always someone prepared to wait outside for a table despite the freezing temperatures....that says it all.

Date of visit: December 2021
Reviewed 24 November 2021

Small and cramped, you are lucky to get a table in this busy and popular cafe. The service is friendly, welcoming and very quick which I really appreciate after my experiences at the nearby Deli. The coffee is outstanding and the food excellent.

Reviewed 24 November 2021

We had lunch here yesterday and it was fantastic! Highly recommend the platters! We would have loved some cake but were too full :( maybe next time! Staff were friendly and efficient, a well run, made to order place. Well done team!

Reviewed 17 November 2021

My family and I have been going to Leonis for coffees, snacks and lunches for years now - I have known it since I was a little girl, and it has a very special place in my heart. There are several reasons why we have become regular customers… for one thing, the people are so lovely, caring and kind. You can always be sure of a smile and a kind word to go with the delicious coffee (truly, truly scrumptious… as are their other drinks, for instance the homemade lemonade!). The food is delicious as well (I’d like to highlight here Caitlin Dew’s baking, which is so good that she now also runs her own small business delivering yummy treats). Also, the atmosphere of the place is so calming. If ever you feel like the full coffee experience, with the smell of coffee beans, the gentle hum of people talking, soft lighting and a homely, comfortable surrounding, I cannot recommend this place strongly enough. The perfect place to meet friends, share a meal with family or just to enjoy a coffee and ponder life by yourself.
If you want a taste of what is best about Malton, drop by Leonis!