We stayed for a week and we enjoyed it very much!
The hotel has a beautiful landscape garden, directly at the white sand beach with shady mangrove trees, enough beach chairs for every guest, waiters bringing drinks from the pool bar and (our favorite!) the COCONUT station.
The garden is well cared for, the trees provide flowers for ornamental decorations in every bowl and fountain on the premise.
Be there on Friday - the African dinner is really something worth experiencing! We loved the caramelized coconuts so much, we took a box home! This is not to say that the rest of the meals were any less good…
In the different bars there is a good selection of all-inclusive cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks. However it is a bit of a gamble - same cocktail tastes differently every time.
We don’t have enough words to describe the service and the hospitality with which most of the staff welcomed us. Showing up for breakfast an hour before the official breakfast time (well, we had to leave for our diving trip according to tides) and still having some food, freshly made coffee and a smile from the staff – unbelievable!
We had a room in one of the bungalows on the cliff, which provided a great view and a glimpse at the ocean. The only thing to complain about is the strange design of the bathroom. It provides very little privacy.
There is also a beautiful spa, but we were seriously surprised by the high prices – in most places in Europe same treatments are cheaper.
We were very impressed by the guests in the hotel – no drunks, no screaming, no overcrowded beach. And the best dressed dinner crowd in all tropical hotels so far, which is even more remarkable considering the hotel is an all-inclusive.
All in all - great week, best of memories and we'll probably come back some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly and spacious, Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa is an ideal choice for guests in search of a retreat that offers the "special touch", matched with attention to the finest of details. The Resort has been meticulously created, emulating traditional Zanzibar style, using the best in local design, interiors and furnishing, meeting top international standards. The Resort features 150 rooms all with terrace and ocean view, situated in 2 level blocks and 4 individual beachfront suites with in-room Jacuzzi. Facilities include 3 restaurants, 2 bars, the Rain & Earth Spa, the Spherique Boutique, conference room and facilities and a water sports centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Neptune Pwani Beach Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa Zanzibar Island/Pwani Mchangani