“Fresh and Delicious Food”

Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Metro bus line picks up from the Southern Avenue rail station, Indian Head Hwy & Southern Ave(DC line),Oxon Hill Park & Ride Lot and St. George Blvd. & Waterfront St. (National Harbor)
Description: In 1984, Rosa Mexicano set a new standard for Mexican cuisine when it first opened on the upper east side of New York City. Playing a leading role in defining what was then a "new" cuisine to American diners, Rosa Mexicano delivers authentic Mexican cooking in an accessible, stylishly festive atmosphere. Rosa Mexicano's menu features a range of award-winning signature dishes, including our Guacamole en Molcajete, in a traditional lava rock mortar. Described by Time Out New York as "green ecstasy in a stone bowl," it is prepared table side and served with house made chips, warm corn tortillas and condiment salsas. Rosa Mexicano is also known for the Frozen Pomegranate Margarita, as well as the stylish and festive ambiance that includes an illuminated water wall.
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Despite being fairly busy, we were greeted and seated very quickly. Service was excellent, keeping water glasses filled, checking in regularly, explaining the items that they are known for, but never being a nuisance. The food was excellent. Guacamole made at the table, so it couldn't get much fresher. The meal was hearty, the drinks were strong, and the prices were fair. I really enjoyed my meal and would gladly go back. The view of the harbor at sunset wasn't too bad either.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,066)

Reviewed 2 January 2018

This is the third Rosa Mexicano restaurant I've been to and all have had wonderful food. The tableside guac is a must. Tacos (shrimp, chicken, fish) are delicious. The beans and rice sides are huge and so good I wish I could eat it all. Margaritas, great.

My issue with this location--and other restaurants in National Harbor--is that they assume everyone is a tourist and try to upsell. I recently treated two colleagues to a pre-holiday lunch and the service here was rather bizarre. At first, two waiters were overeager to wait on us. When my colleague couldn't decide between two types of tacos, one offered to split the order of three, then when he realized it was an odd number, said, "I'll bring you an extra, don't worry." Then when my colleagues ordered coffee with dessert but I declined, he took it upon himself to bring me one as well, "so I could try." Um, OK. Then it took forever and a day to get the check--and when we did, the waiter had added the extra taco and coffee onto the bill. Because it was a work lunch I didn't call a manager, but I subtracted the amount from the tip. Nice try. Given that most people here are on business accounts, this "cramming" practice probably goes unnoticed but I will be very careful if I return.

1  Thank Jolysa
Reviewed 30 December 2017

I love this place, she loves this place, and its been a nice go to over the years. I'ts always been a consistent quality place, whether in DC, Arlington or one of the other locations. The cart guac is always a hit, but the carnitas today were very good. We enjoyed our trip here when we couldn't make up our mind of a place to eat on a rare day out, and were happy once again. The views here at this location are pretty awesome being on the water too.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Really disappointed. The queso fundido was average, quesadillas poor, guac just ok. For a big bill at the end, I wouldn't go back again.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Very busy place. We went right after Christmas and made reservations for 5pm. It was already crowded. The food and service was good and it seems authentic. I can’t say say for sure since Mexican isn’t my favorite cuisine. Everything tasted very fresh and light.