“Best food I have ever tasted”

Champagne Bistro - Cafe
Reviewed 8 March 2021 via mobile

I heard the tannie from kokkedoor had a bistro in die drakensbergs. I told my wife we must go and eat something. And Wow that tannie can cook. I ate the best burger I ever tasted, and as a milkshake lover I will admit I never had better. Thank you very much for the amazing, amazing food. I will always come back for more.

Greetings
Roelof & Mandie Schoeman

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (30)

Reviewed 28 October 2020 via mobile

We had burgers, didn’t taste of pure beef. Rolls were homemade but stodgy. Chips were nice, spirals on a stick. Coffee's expensive for the small cup. Nice pear and nut salad, just too much sweetness, needs a sharp cheese or something. Not licensed but there’s a great beer barn next door.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 13 September 2020 via mobile

Very original , very creative, delicious meal .Good portion sizes and a definite must when in The Berg. A totally unique meal that you have to experience yourself No words can describe the delicious flavors.An array of different flavors in every carefully planned dish.A DEFINITE must.Bookings essential and bring your own wine

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 29 August 2020

We love having this gem situated in the Drakensberg!
Delicious food! Harvest Table on a Sunday is a family favorite and something we do on a regular basis.
Elsa & Schalk always go above and beyond to ensure incredible service and hospitality.
Definitely recommend!

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 26 August 2020

A highlight of every visit to the berg is most certainly one (or usually many more) meals at this gem of an establishment. The menu looks simple enough but what arrives is a beautifully crafted plate of delectable fare normally served with sauces offering unusual and surprising taste combinations. Even the vegetarian dishes were absolutely delicious and very satisfying. We are huge fans and can not wait to return.

Date of visit: August 2020