US$40
Hostal Tena Naui(Tena)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Agoda.com
Agoda.com
All reviewshis wifeindigenous peopleslocal communityflora and faunaupper amazonbird watchinganimal refugetommiguelstudentsoctaviopropertymealsbirdsquartersliferiver
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Arajuno Lodge is very beautiful, comfortable and the staff is very kind. This is a wonderful place to explore the amazon and learn about conservation! We did plenty of service projects around the Arajuno and the community.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
arajunojunglelodge, Owner at Arajuno Jungle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thanks! Come on back and bring your family!

Cheers

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I stayed with a group of college students here studying abroad at Ecuador. The owners were very welcoming and compromising. Food was the best I have tasted in Ecuador and most of all, so healthy (the owners grow their own food)! We wanted to swim and the owners let us do that in the beautiful river nearby. The owner even helped my program facilitate some workshops at the Amazon forest. Our last night there the owners made sure we had a lasting wonderful memory by helping us set up a camp fire. I would love to come back here one day! And I forgot to say that the hammocks here are a huge plus!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
arajunojunglelodge, Owner at Arajuno Jungle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

I was so happy to have S.I.T students back at AJL once again! Everything went very well, even the weather! I know that the group had a wonderful time as we did also! Great group! I hope you all go on to be leaders in international conservation and sustainable conservation work! Thanks again for your visit and great review! Saludos, Tom

Reviewed 12 January 2018

I'm Naomi. A Student that was Apart Of Carpe Diem, A Gap year organization. 16 Of us stayed at Toms lodge for a week and had an incredible experience. The Quaint little cabins we all slept in were adorable with fun bunk beds. There's a nice view of the Arajuno River from his property and from the dining area. The dining area is unique with dozens of different country flags flowing above your head. The dining area is an open / air building that provides satisfying breezes in the heat. Tom's Wife, OMG, had the BEST food I have ever had in my life and that's no exaggeration. She was an incredible cooking goddess that made food an EXPERIENCE. He also has a cool selection of books to relax with and games to play with. And, in the mornings he would play the news, which is nice for people who are interested in keeping up to date with things.

Tom was a uniquely humorous guy that was easy to talk to. His views and perspectives from his life experiences through travel and work was always interesting to hear. He dealt with 14 wild kids and 2 adults that week and he STILL was flexible, and welcoming... even when we were rowdy haha. He's very knowledgeable about the environment and i gained a lot of information talking to him about that topic. SO cool!

The stars shine bright above your head every night and being by the water and feeling the rocks below your feet is so soothing after a long day.

What You Should Know :
---- Bring Bug Spray. You're In The Amazon, There's Obviously Bugs.
---- The Showers Are Hotter During Day Time, TIP!
---- Bring Snacks for The Duration Of Your Time There, No place to buy little treats like cookies, candies ETC. Again, You're In The Amazon.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
arajunojunglelodge, Owner at Arajuno Jungle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Thanks Naomi for your wonderful review! It was truly a pleasure meeting and working with you and the rest of the group! A great time was had by all! Working with young people always makes me feel younger too!

I hope the rest of your trip went well!

Please pass your time and experience at AJL on to all your friends and family! That is how we stay in business. And, of course, please come back!!

Paz

Reviewed 9 January 2018

From the first boat ride to get there to the rafting excursion after leaving our time at Arajuno was both memorable and top notch! Tom is such a welcoming host and gives guests a unique opportunity to learn about the culture and nature that they are visiting. His work to restore populations and preserve the indigenous land, while also helping support the native populations, is inspiring. All of the food was delicious, and the accommodations quite comfortable. It was great getting to know Tom and his wife and they truly make you feel at home. Not to mention after more than 20 years in country he also has awesome recommendations for other locations - which were all appreciated and of the utmost quality! It's a great place to truly unwind, disconnect and immerse yourself in Amazonian Ecuador.

Room Tip: The whole facility relies on solar power, so be mindful of your electronic consumption -- although it was never an issue and there is a generator on site to accommodate additional charges.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks Lauren for the great review! Please pass the word on to all you know and meet! It's now the rainy season in the jungle. The fishes and turtles and ducks are all very happy!

Thanks again for your visit and review!

Paz

Reviewed 13 December 2017

It has now been 5 days since I left Arajuno Jungle Lodge, and I can't stop hearing the wonderful croaking of frogs and the peeping of owls as I drifted off to sleep. Tom and his wife Charo swept us up in their sharing of a land and a culture that had been a complete mystery to me previous to our visit. The rain forest, indigenous communities, gourmet prepared Ecaudoran meals, abundant bird species flying all around the lodge, and a wonderful guide in Miguel that broadened our awareness of the lungs of our planet. We'll be back for sure, and we plan on spreading the word of our wonderful experience. Thanks Tom and Charo

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
arajunojunglelodge, Owner at Arajuno Jungle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Hello and thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure meeting you and sharing with you all that AJL and the Amazon has to offer. Thanks for spreading the word!

Happy and safe travels! Tom