SHA is an amazing wellness centre in Europe. The variety and quality of treatments are amazing. If you have the dosh, you can really get your body in tip top shape here.
I was only there for 3 nights and came back bursting with energy (I honestly felt better than I can ever remember). This is partly because of the diet/food (I did the "SHA" menu which is the least extreme) which is plant-based and delicious. Also I completely relaxed, read, swam, and got a few treatments - two in particular the Ozone (it is worth it for sure!!) and some other one can't remember the name, it's like a massage while you float in the water...very beautiful and relaxing.
Overall the staff and accommodation and food are outstanding.
Don't expect to do anything outside of the hotel really, except for the morning walks, which I highly highly recommend!
There is a real mix of people here and you can either stick to yourself or mingle...it's a super wary atmosphere. I would go as a single woman no problem.
If you are committed to making your body the best it can be inside and out, this is the place for you. Some people stay for a month or more, but you can also see benefits after just a few days.
One very slight criticism is that I found the breakfast too 'sweet' - by that I mean too many raisins and fruit jams...this is very concentrated sugar! I have recently cut sugar out of my diet and found the breakfasts too sweet. But obviously they're trying to cater to a broad audience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SHA is a wellness clinic dedicated to improving people’s health and well-being through a fusion of ancient oriental disciplines and revolutionary western techniques. There are three main areas at SHA: The SHA Method, anti-aging and aesthetics medicine. The aim of these areas is to ensure that all guests enjoy a pleasant stay and leave looking and feeling younger and healthier, revitalised and renewed both inside and out. Guests will experience a fundamental change in their bodies, improving their quality of life, slowing down the aging process and preventing illness. SHA has always ensured that everything is exquisitely planned right down to the finest detail, even before the first stone was laid. Located in a magical setting where peace is the essence, blessed with a warm climate and stunning views that never fail to move even its most distinguished clients. The results speak for themselves: paradise on earth, spread throughout five buildings that are in perfect harmony with the natural surroundings, set atop the beautiful Sierra Helada del Albir, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea and close to the peaceful town of Altea, all at the service of your well-being, health and beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your SHA Wellness Clinic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sha Wellness Clinic Hotel El Albir
- Sha Wellness Clinic Albir