US$684
US$186
Savings alert! 56% below average rates

The price you found is 56% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$427/night.

US$74
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

US$234
Travelocity
  • Pool
Apartamentos Mundaka(El Albir)(Great Value!)
La Colina(El Albir)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmacrobiotic dietweight lossdetox programcarrot juiceno meatpersonal traininghigh proteinrecently spent a weeksuperb experienceamazing locationregular spafantastic environmenthealthy eatinghealthy livingbuilding worksoupsolo traveller
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Let's start from the many positive attributes. Location, the view, the quality of the food, the design of the structure and the common parts. Definitively the staff is professional, friendly with a very positive attitude and availability to support.
Few weaknesses, rooms need renovation, bathroom in particular. The detox program is good, but too many general consultations vs. number of treatments. My impression from a similar experience in 5 stars wellness spa, is that in SHA the package is overpriced.
Some of the consultations have been helpful, many too generic and at high level. To get more benefit it is needed a very high extra spending in more exams or products.
There should not be the need to continuously add to the ongoing package. It gives the perception that despite the price, it will no be enough to give a sufficient result.
My advice is to focus more in making the pack a very complete one and an exhaustive experience, instead to sell more products.
Very good the acupuncture, the nutritionist and the gym staff.
In general a good experience but not an exceptional one.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
10  Thank ANCC1970
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I recently spent a week at this excellent medical spa. The accommodation, service and treatments were all excellent. The only slight downside for me was the food as it is based on a macrobiotic diet and although I love healthy eating and some of the meals were delicious ,overall, I found it a bit too restrictive for me for a week.

Apparently , depending on the reason for your visit you can ask for fish of the day every day but I didn't find that out until day 6. I would return but either for fewer days or I'd request a different meal plan.,

Tip

Quite a few of the therapists I had were men and whilst it didn't bother me you are not asked if you would prefer a female so if it is an issue I'd request it beforehand.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank LMS8
Reviewed 25 June 2017

If you are an American traveling there that is a regular spa goer you may get a little frustrated. First off the property and setting are gorgeous the place is also really clean and overall very relaxing. Pre arrival my sister and I did everything we could to plan our trip ahead however but all in all I found the staff unhelpful, slow to respond and once we arrived most of our efforts had been wasted on mistakes and we were not dealing with the same people we had by phone. The Agenda planners on site are there to book and upsell, very impersonal and unhelpful. It feels as though they are trying to be to many things to too many people they have like 5 plans and 5 various menus you get this if you are on a plan and this if you are not, the regular plan makes no sense and they do nothing to explain what the premise of their diet is. They charge for every little change so beware. The practitioners there are amazing many of the things they after are unique and cutting edge but book in advance otherwise you will not get an appt. The exercise programming is nil they offer the same three walks each week and a yoga and meditation that's about it so if you are used a full complimentary schedule beware you will be paying to get a full day there. There are many things they can set up for you like kayaking or harder personal hikes, bicycling...but they wont tell you any of this so you need to ask. I am glad I went because the location is worth exploring the lovely little villages along the sea coast there but not sure I would return. While it was relaxing it was equally as chaotic the restaurant is kind of crazy and unorganized and you do as you walk by the front desk hear a lot of people complaining about their bills and all the up-charging. Lastly I really do not like how they are managing their social media they have all of these sexy lifestyle pop celebrities they offer to come there complimentary to post their sexy bodies at Sha on social media many of the people there really were there for serious medical reasons the owner himself was cured from cancer I think it sends a very mixed hypocritical message you are a wellness clinic or you are a celebrity hangout, they need to figure it out...

Room Tip: ask for sea view room worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
6  Thank Tamara Z
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

A retreat in pure luxury. The staff is really friendly and they all now your name. The cuisine is magnificent and tailored to your personal health. I got a personal pickup in style at the airport.

To illustrate the service: the battery of my running watch needed replacement. The staff went out in my place to find the correct replacement.

The treatments are fine. The rooms spacious and modern.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Nice hotel Not sure how to rate spa. Food and health drinks excellent for me. Had dreadful indigestion problem on last day. Think I had too many colonics. Expensive for what was on offer. I have been to many spas but found this a bit lightweight. I was impressed by diet food.

Room Tip: I did not like being in annexe far away from reception.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo