“2nd Visit and No Better”
Review of Magic Robin Hood

Magic Robin Hood
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in El Albir
Reviewed 5 November 2017

We stayed at the Magic Robin Hood in May this year it wasn't too good but it unfortunately grew on us, and travelling with my 4 year old grandson he has the freedom to play outside the lodge.
I paid £6,500 with Jet2 for 11 nights which included an upgrade to Robin Hood Garden Lodge.
The lodge was very nice we had 2 opposite each other and plenty of garden furniture.
However, nothing had improved since our stay in May.
The restaurant was a disgrace with no organisation whatsoever. Guests searching for tables our party was 5 and there were tables for larger groups but couples were sitting on them rather than smaller tables. No salt and pepper on the tables an unhygienic dish with salt for guests to use their fingers to sprinkle it on. I mentioned this to Ricardo the Jet2 rep who told me the reason they do not have salt on the table is because guests steal them!! I give never heard such rubbish.
The food incorrectly labeled chips other side of the restaurant. It was not a pleasure to eat in thus establishment.
We tried the Friar Tuck again one evening, we were thrown a plate of salad then a plate of meat the plates piled up so we walked out.
Most of the time we spent at the Magic Villa in Benidorm better food and very organised.
The evening entertainment was dreadful the only good show was Michael Jackson.
Then we suffered the power cuts most evenings, then 2 evenings total blackout until midnight. We had to be transported to other hotels for food and then waited 1 hour for the bus back which ended up like a rugby scrum.
The excuses for the power cuts were laughable:
The whole if Benidorm was in darkness
Due to works outside the hotel they had cut through a cable
The latest I heard was it is still happening and due to a storm
Why not tell the truth to paying guests, it was obviously due to demand the establishment have never had so many guests and couldn't cope.
This was inconvenient to the fact that showers and toilets could not be used, no lights just dreadful and unacceptable.
To make matters worse after paying all this money we had neighbours who had arrived and given a free upgrade yo a Robin Hoid lodge. They had no idea why, they had booked a Sherwood. We had a look and there were plenty of empty Sherwood lodges.
I complained to Jet2 who told us that they do not give free upgrades without a reaso. I said we were hearing this all the time. I was told it is management decision.
I then went and spoke yo the manager who told me it is Jet2 the agent who tell them who can have an upgrade. I went back and I was told to return and it would be explained as it is Robin Hood I gave up with the lies.
The pools are good the drinks are branded.
The seats and tables around the square are wrought iron with cushions but most of
them had no cushions and guests doubled them up for more comfort.
The whole park needs a total refurb the restaurant wants demolishing miserable high ceilings. The entertainment hall resembled a warehouse no stage and a dirty pond.
The toilets are old and dirty
£6,500 is a lot for 4 adults and a 4 year old. How foolish of me, a fool and his money are soon parted.
Jet2 offered guests affected by the power cuts £150 towards another Jet2 holiday.
I argued about how unfair this goodwill gesture of whatever was. I asked if it was £150 per couple, per family of 4, 5, 6, 7 etc in a group which in our circumstances equated to £50 each for Al, the inconvenience. Whereas a couple would have £75 each and larger families much less. I was told they are not prepared to discuss with other guests had with me. I also said it is unfair for those who cannot afford a holiday ever year as these people have got nothing. Jet2 were not interested.

I would not recommend Robin Hood it is over priced and needs big improvements in accommodation, food, entertainment, staffing, and the Friar Tucks replaced with a Pizzeria might be better.

Good Luck to anyone who books and shame on Jet2 please do not fob guests off with feeble excuses we pay honest money for a holiday and remember everyone. Whatever one buys you can see the product beforehand but a holiday you cannot you must rely solely on brochures and agents. Do your homework, oh how silly we were to believe there would be improvements. I always write honest reviews.

Room Tip: Free upgrade yo Robin Hood Garden Lodges
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank tirol94
DirectorRobinHood, Departamento de Calidad at Magic Robin Hood, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear tirol94;

First of all, we wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by giving us an opinion of your experience with us.

We regret that the animation and the restaurants were not to your liking, we have it in mind and we will include it in our improvement program, the suggestions of our clients are our most precious weapon of improvement that we have.

As for the inconveniences caused by the power outages suffered during your stay, they were caused by an electrical fault alien to us.

We continue working to offer the best possible service to our customers and we are sure that all the improvements that are already taking place for the new opening in the next season will be a success.

We will be happy to welcome you again to show you that your comments are taken into account and guarantee a magical vacation with us.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We stopped here as a family of 4 . Kids ages 9 and 5 !!! Didn't hear a bored out of them the whole stay . The water park through the day is amazing , on a night time the games room is free which has Xbox one , PlayStations , car games on the big screens that keeps the boys entertained and there's the mini disco for the little ones . If you get up late for breakfast you can get it in the snack bar till dinner time . The drinks are all the proper makes . The food you had a kids part and a adults part , there was plenty of choice for everyone . We stopped in the sherwood accommodation and could not fault it . You can go to the different water parks in the chain which you do need a piece of paper from reception . The bus takes you in to Benidorm for free and to the other hotels . The medieval night which is done at the Robin Hood is good but does not start till 9 so would go for good before hand . The only problem I had which is not the hotels fault is the wasps !! I would definitely stop here again . You will not be disappointed .

4  Thank cat1con2

Dear cat1con2;

Thank you for your great words about your recent stay at Magic Robin Hood and especially the human team that works day after day because they have a happy and well-deserved vacation. Our ultimate goal and desire.

We are proud to know that we have been able to meet all your needs and we will be delighted to welcome you again and enjoy all the news we have prepared for next 2018.

A greeting from the whole team,

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Excellent and friendly staff, very clean resort. Food was good and drink selection was very good. The resort has four pools including two in a quiter zone. We had a truly great stay. The medieval show with jousting is excellent. The are two park areas with climbing frames/slides etc for the kids which were great. Only thing they could improve was pool temp. Could be a bit warmer, but I suspect this is fine in the height of summer. We went in Oct half term and the temp varied from 24 to 26 degrees each day.

Room Tip: Bring a four way power adaptor, for your phones tablets etc. The free wifi is strong so your kids mi...
1  Thank Gloucesterx

Dear Gloucesterx;

Thank you in advance for taking the time to dedicate a few words about your stay at Magic Robin Hood.

It is a real pride to know that this has been nice and that all our services, including the latest developments in the water park and the Multiaventura area, have pleased your entire family.

We will be happy to welcome you again,

Receive a warm greeting,

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Quirky lodge. Robin hood theme. Really nice. On small side. Garden lodges look bigger. Cleaners in every day. Fridge in room with complementary drinks and cava. Could be better with a few improvements including cat mess around pool area and on slide stairs, entertainment for adults in evening not great. Food cold at times. Staff standing over you while you eat taking plates away while your still eating. On reverse, during dinner show serving courses without taking emptied away. Very rushed, waiters walking through isles during magic show so I missed most of show.
Day time entertainment fantastic. Pool and slides fab with plenty of beds. My children are 12 and 14 and they loved it, especially the games room. Great resort for the little ones with everything the need. Ice cream, mini disco, play ground etc.
Pity about the flies and wasps. Lots of drink options including brands such as Smirnoff and Malibu. Cava available at all meal times. Good choice of food and additional shows with meals to try out. Free bus to other hotels although this was not organised at all. No cue system so despite being one of the first there I got on bus and my children got pushed to back of cue. I ended up having to get off the bus as they ran out of seats. Ended up getting a taxi. Not good. More organisation needed via some sort of ticket system.
Overall fab holiday and will definitely return.

Room Tip: All rooms look lovely but garden lodges were more spacious.
3  Thank Joanne A

Dear Joanne A;

We wish to express our gratitude for taking the time to report your recent experience at Magic Robin Hood.

Comments like yours make every day our effort and motivation grow pleasantly.

We are very happy that you have enjoyed your vacation, and we will be delighted to welcome you again and enjoy the reform we are in for 2018 and we are sure you will like it.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We had a fab time here kids loved it so much to the for the family’s food nice and when you wanted a change you could book in to alternative Resutuants on site, water park was fab for the kids overall really good complex

1  Thank chris23d

Dear chris23d;

Thank you for writing us your fantastic opinion of Magic Robin Hood and the team behind it.
We are proud to receive comments like yours that encourage us to continue working every day towards continuous improvement.

We hope to see you soon,

A very strong hug from the whole Robin Hood team

32.7 km away
Hotel Bonalba
Hotel Bonalba
#1 of 1 in Mutxamel

Been to Magic Robin Hood? Share your experiences!