“Good lunch near lovely walks”
Review of The Bridge Inn

The Bridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Amberley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Traditional country pub with food.
Reviewed 31 July 2016

Took my mother here for lunch yesterday having seen the TA reviews. I pre-booked a table in the bar, given we had her retriever with us. Not having visited before, I was impressed with the rustic yet smart decor, and the attractive front terrace. It looked well cared for. Service was prompt, friendly and efficient. We enjoyed a chicken curry and a chicken saganaki, both from the specials board. Both meals could have done with some extra seasoning (I know there's a tendency to worry about salt content but some things do need it). However nicely presented and good quality. We also enjoyed warm choc cake and toffee banana pancake desserts, plus 2 soft drinks, and the bill was £40 which is quite reasonable in this area.
Following our meal we took the dog for a walk along the river amongst the butterflies - lovely. A very nice afternoon and would happily return.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Have visited this place more than once after returning from Portsmouth watching my team, Goodwood or generally walking the beautiful Southdown's.

Every time the service has been great. Have only ordered off the general menu, but it's typical pub food cooked to a high standard and well priced after loosing your shirt at Goodwood races. Set in lovely surroundings it gets busy but if you haven't experienced The Bridge Inn it's a must if you are in the area.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Stopped in by for a few drinks and something to eat. All good was lovely, but my Cesar Salad was particularly good. Really nice staff and cute pub, arrived unannounced and plenty of table space.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

I've been going to this pub for several years now and I can't get past the scampi, chips and salad on the menu as it's just DELICIOUS! And generous platefuls. Seriously, I have tried other things..the homemade fish cakes are great and the rib racks too. The whitebait are good also. The menu doesn't change much but it doesn't need to. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. By the way, the people who own the pub also have the cottage accommodation next door! Both places are at the foot of the South Downs, so a great break to walking the Downs, but are also only 5 mins walk from the train and to Amberley working museum.

1  Thank Carolyn W
Reviewed 26 July 2016

We found this welcoming pub after being unable to park at the other pub in the village (popular for walkers of the South Downs Way). We were walking the Way for charity, and having a back up driver with car, were able to go a little way off the route of the Way easily for lunch. So glad we did! The staff were incredibly welcoming, allowing us to sit in the bar area to eat with our dog, even bringing out treats for her. We had thick doorstep sandwiches and a large bowl of chips and I was very impressed with taste, presentation and quantity. Would highly recommend this pub.

1  Thank Tracy F