All reviews afternoon tea university campus hotel management sandwiches an apple brasserie restaurant new wing old house the main house macaroons coffee machine garden wing beautiful room no air conditioning waiting staff sunday lunch walk in shower
Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

Second time of staying and won't be the last

Well appointed rooms, friendly staff (if still learning occasionally), great breakfast, nice iMac, good shower.

Only let down is a lack of aircon and slightly thin towels, but I'm nitpicking really.

Booking on late rooms made it particularly good value.

Haven't managed to eat in the brasserie yet, but will do next time I stay next week!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Oliver B, General Manager at Wivenhoe House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Lovely to hear that you have enjoyed your second stay with us. Sorry that we do not have air conditioning, we do of course provide fans in every room and all windows open. The bath towels should not be thin, my apologies for that if they were. May I suggest reporting this to housekeeping and we can get them changed immediately, should you see this again. Next time, why not try booked direct, via our website booking button, just as easy?

With kind regards

Reviewed 14 April 2016

Was little disappointed, beautiful setting and plenty of staff wandering around . We ordered our champayne afternoon tea but the champayne was forgot so had to ask for it . Food was very nice , but I think a few more sandwiches would be nice . It was quiet cold in restaurants area where we were eating and did think staff could have been a little more attentive , as when we had finished we waited ages for waiter to appear to ask for the bill. I would be retuning in a hurry.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Oliver B, General Manager at Wivenhoe House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

Dear Lynn,

I appreciate you completing your review and letting us know of your experience at Afternoon Tea recently.

I am sorry that we did not live up to our usual standard on this occasion, please accept my apologies. If ordered, you should not have to wait for the champagne, and I am sorry the room was on the chilly side when you came, and that the team were less attentive on this occasion. All of the above is being addressed with the team.

From your comment, I am not sure whether it means you would or would not be returning, however, it goes without saying that should you wish to return, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at the hotel.

Yours sincerely

Oliver J. Q. brown

Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

I do not think I have the adjectives to adequately describe just how lovely this place is. Location- set in lush grounds- and this morning when we went for our walk even saw bunnies hopping around the fields!
The Rooms are tastefully furnished and If you're lucky enough to upgrade to a superior/ executive are wonderfully spacious.
Breakfast is a treat especially if you want a healthy one apart from the usual croissants/ cereals etc there is yoghurt and fresh fruit and various compotes
And a nice choice of additional hot meals- kippers/ full english / eggs Benedict and scrambled eggs with smoked salmon.

The nicest part about the Hotel is that the majority of staff are students in hospitality training . They are courteous hard working and extremely professional. They work in the restaurant and reception arenas and are so very helpful.
I've already booked to come back in May

This is a five star treat. Understated elegance - superlative service .

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Gillie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We are all delighted at how much you enjoyed your visit to Wivenhoe House, and the Edge Hotel School. We pride ourselves in being able to offer a product and service of a 4 star standard, whilst delivering a first class experience and education to the students.

We look forward to welcoming you back in May.

With kind regards

Reviewed 3 April 2016

This is a lovely hotel, came yesterday, on arrival we were greeted and shown to our room which was lovely, nice large bed, Imac, lovely bathroom, and a wonderful view on green fields and an cork tree.
Dinner was lovely, perhaps my only gripe was the chocolate mousse that I saw in my room, was on the menu downstairs.
The French manager over seeing the students was excellent, made us feel very welcome. Bill arrived just 1 issue I was charged twice for the lager but that was corrected.
Breakfast we requested in our room, was lovely and plenty.

Good bits Nearly everything.

Bad, perhaps telling me that Tescos was just a 10 minute walk away, and the University shop was block 2, now Im not from around there, so no idea where we were walking to as we found neither. perhaps a bit more local knowledge for the students.Will we go back..........without doubt, Loved it, well worth the deal we got, and a lovely way to spend our 15th wedding anniversary.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kidsandlyndsey

Thank you for posting your review, which we are delighted to have read, although we wonder whether you meant to award us '1 star' given the positive comments you have made?

I appreciate the feedback and advice you have given, and we will certain take this all on board.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

By far the best hotel we have stayed in! Worth every penny. The Baxter Storey Suite was huge and very luxurious. Staff were very polite and the room was very clean. Breakfast included with the room was lovely!

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Oliver B, Manager at Wivenhoe House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am pleased to read that your experience at Wivenhoe House exceeded all our other hotel experiences.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Wivenhoe House in the not to distant future.

Kind regards