“Amazing food, great atmosphere”
Review of Izakaya Midori

Izakaya Midori
Get food delivered
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The food was incredible, I will be coming back many more times! All vegan and so decently priced! Absolutely loved the outside seated area and the staff were wonderful! Super friendly! Thank you so much

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank Y8329LNcaitlinb
Write a reviewReviews (33)

Reviewed 7 February 2021

The food here is outstanding. So creative and delicious. Cool atmosphere and very helpful, friendly staff. I can highly recommend the goyoza, miso eggplant and the joy of a cold ramen on a hot day. I enjoyed the sparkling sake!

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 14 January 2021

I can’t believe how amazing this food is. The staff are extremely kind and helpful and really nice atmosphere!! I suggest the fried bucket and the udon it is spectacular and I will 100% be coming back to this place I can’t begin to describe the food. Words don’t do it justice!!!

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank Shantikeats
Reviewed 2 September 2020

First time visit for us and it was a perfect meal with lot's of choice for the whole family with all the Japanese classics done perfectly in plant based varietals.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 17 August 2020 via mobile

I went to Izakaya Midori yesterday to celebrate my birthday with my loved ones, and it was simply DIVINE ✨

I was the only plant-based member of our little group but we trekked from Brissy to the Gold Coast just as a birthday treat, because I had heard such amazing things!

And all of them were true.

Being half-Japanese, I grew up on all the delicious Japanese foods and crave them constantly~ especially sushi, which my whole life has been my birthday request. So I found out Izakaya Midori had a plant-based sushi platter and all my dreams came true

I also made everyone get something different so that I could try as much as possible! We had korokke, tempura tofu, karaage, katsu, terichiki, the sushi, and the matcha mousse-cake~ and every single dish was beyond scrumptious. Everyone -even my little brother who usually can’t stand fake meats/most vegan foods bc they don’t live up to his expectations- was impressed!

On top of that, it was such an atmospheric experience. The aura and aesthetic were beautiful, and the service was wonderful (the staff were so lovely and sweet!)

I just really express my gratitude for such a lovely evening, and show my support bc I couldn’t recommend this little plant-based Japanese restaurant highly enough!

Date of visit: August 2020