All reviews indulgence package coral coast pool villa white sand beach fish hidden paradise private beach rental car rooms are comfortable fresh coconut relaxing massage dvd player shower head clear water peace and quiet nearest town main island
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We were so impressed with our recent stay at the Wellesley. We even extended it by another 4 nights! All room types are great, spacious and modern - we viewed them all as we are planning our wedding here. The Pool Villas are incredible with your own private pool - we still loved the big main pool though and the lagoon has incredible swimming and snorkeling experiences. You feel so safe there - I'm a bit of a sook in the water usually. The meals were delicious every time - and we ordered something different every day. The staff couldn't do enough for us, they were just so caring a helpful and proud of their resort -as they should be! Couldn't rate this highly enough. Can't want to go back!!

Room Tip: All types are great - you pay more for the private pools of course!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TouristTester15
BrentCoffey, Director of Sales at Wellesley Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thanks for the fabulous, honest review on our resort. Glad to hear it was a special experience for you and that we'll see you back again!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We booked an Executive suite, full board, for 7 nights. Genuine Fiji hospitality and ambience with modern style. Accomodation fresh and spacious, with modern amenities set in Fijian style, a welcome find after an arduous road journey. A rental car is essential for access to Wellesley Resort as it is 4 kms off main road, and 2 hr slow trip from Nadi. We were blessed with a week of perfect weather and spent our days 'beachcombing', lovely white sand (not hard coral), swimming (safe) both at beach and resort pool, reading (from the library on site), adjusting to 'Fiji time'. Staff are gentle, happy, eager to please, room serviced daily, unlimited bottled water is complimentary, starting our day with breakfast on the deck looking out to the lagoon and reef beyond, a la carte dining, with a feature being fresh locally sourced produce (also 5 different kinds of fish), beautiful sunsets as Wellesley faces west. We slept well and slowed to the Fiji pace by 2nd day!
Half hour along main road to Pacific Harbour shopping centre was a diversion one day, as were visits to other close by activities, fishing trips,etc. We will add Wellesley to our list of 'will return' destinations!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Parisnextyear

Lovely to hear your wonderful feedback on our super resort! It really is a magic spot isn't it! We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We were so looking forward to our stay at this hotel as we both work full time and were in need of a much needed chill out, but were left bitterly let down and appalled at the condition of the facilities, On arrival we sat down to dinner to find that the prawns were a little on the pale side and slightly under cooked and the main meal wasn't much better, and as we ate overlooking the lit pool it looked rather murky. We woke in the morning and headed for the pool after eating breakfast that included bacon that if you dropped it on the floor would have shattered into a hundred pieces it was that frazzled. The pool is surrounded by a timber decking which when walked on the boards would start coming up and weren't fastened down as all the timbers are rotting underneath and was really unsafe and uneven with trip hazards everywhere. The pool was murky and you could not see the bottom and had black algae around the edges and was not in a clean state and unswimmable and the sunlounge covers had black mould on them so we headed down to the beach sun lounge area which was in no better state with dirty and untidy sun lounge covers. There was 1 kayak which was in a bad state so we could not go out for a paddle as a couple and no massage available as advertised. Then came the final straw my wife got food poisoning and ended up in bed on our 2nd day. There was a lady called Margaret there whom was representing the Wellesley to whom we raised our concerns and she fully understood our grievances and deep down I think she had been sent to the resort to get it back to the place they were advertising it to be. We made the decision to fly home early as this far from the place describe in the hotels website and by flight centre whom had sold us the deal and the best they could other us was a move to another hotel at a cost of an extra $600 per night at our own expense. We were told the builder was coming to fix up all the decking and they are building 2 new villas at the back of the beach side sun lounging area so where were we going to get some piece and quiet in this so called tranquil environment. This Hotel could be that perfect destination as advertised but a hell of a lot of restoration work is needed to bring it up to standard as the rooms are beautiful as are the staff albeit the service in the restaurant/bar is at snails pace. The location is stunning as are the lush gardens and views. We will be seeking a full refund as our dream break turned into a nightmare

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stuart W

I am disappointed to read this review and on this occasion we do not agree that the guest is always right. Our staff specifically recall your wife feeling unwell on arrival at our property, having travelled on a long haul flight from an Asian country. The majority of the guests had the same meals as you and all were fine. We go to great effort to ensure our cuisine is top class and the kitchen team are extremely vigilant at adhering to safe food practices. We fail to accept the blame for her illness. It is correct that on the day you arrived, one of our pool filters broke - this changed the colour of the water very quickly and the pool was closed and maintenance staff fixed the problem immediately and rebalanced the water. I apologise for this inconvenience. ONE small area of the deck was being replaced - timber needs constant maintenance in an tropical climate. Yes we are building two more villa in a private area of the result - the digging was all done by hand shovel and in our opinions caused no disturbance. We pride ourselves on continually investing in our product. I am really disappointed at the extreme review that you have posted. I felt it was done in anger as you were not provided with a 100% refund, Flight Centre, supporting our position.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for 1 week. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The problem with this resort is the facilities and the isolation. The first 3 days of our trip it rained, not the resorts fault However there are absolutely no facility's available if it rains. The internet doesn't work the phone reception is terrible the term solitary confinement comes to mind. The resort is 5km down a dirt uneven track in places, our tour company would not pick us up from the resort. The hotel would arrange a driver to take us to the main road for $10. We did breakout and visit a resort in Pacific Harbour which is 25km at a cost of $50 each way.
The food is average, limited and very expensive. Be aware of the 25% tax that is added to all drinks and meals. We did visit other resorts where the price is similar but tax was included.
When the Sun came out the place is beautiful. We decided to go for a kayak and snorkel, the only activities available. The Snorkelling equipment was pulled out from a old garden shed covered in dirt and mould, this took some cleaning before I would use it. When I did use it the valve was broken causing the snorkel to fill up from the bottom. Needless to say snorkelling ended. Kayaking well we get a life jack for my wife who wanted give it a try. I get her Kayak into the water jump on mine and off we go. Well 2 minutes later my wife's Kayak has turned into a U-boat. The bloody thing Sunk. I go it back onto the beach and noticed a hole in the bottom. It had slowly filled up with water, End of Kayaking. I can laugh about it now but it could have been worse.
What is wonderful about this resort are the staff, I have never met a more beautiful and happy and indeed helpfully bunch of people in my life. Would I stay there again NO would I recommend the resort to friends NO. Again THE STAFF ARE SUPERB AND RECIVE A BUG THANKS.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve E

I'm sorry to hear it rained for most of your time at the Wellesley. I'm sure that would have dampened your experience somewhat. The location of the Wellesley, away from all the hustle and bustle is what attracts most of our clients. I'm glad to hear that the staff were accommodating, offering a transport service to meet your tour company. Many would of picked up from the resort had you arranged this through our staff! Our snorkel equipment is well cared for and very popular. Our free internet should of worked - perhaps it was an outage island wide? I am shocked to hear that there was a hole in your kayak. Apologies. Our team did an immediate inspect of the other vessels and all were fine to be in good. I can only assume that it was damaged during a previous guests use. All snorkelling equipment has been replaced since your stay. Great to hear that you felt the staff were superb, I will pass this feedback on.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

I arrived after a 3hr flight, and a two an a half hour drive as a solo traveller at about 10.30pm. It was dark, I was tired and just wanted a warm bed & shower. This 'resort' was advertised as 4 stars and almost $200 a night. There was no food, no snacks, no mini bar, nothing. The room air con was stuck on freezing, there were no blankets on the bed only a sheet (I slept wrapped up in a towel). There was no running hot water in the room and zero internet access or t.v signal. The rooms are not on the beach front or even in eye distance of the pool. There was no plug for the hand basin or 'tub' and no soap in sight. When I complained the next morning the attitude was relaxed and nobody really gave a toss. There is no massage at this place (false advertising - and blatant rip off). The straw that broke the camels back was when I was told not to order food before lunchtime as the chief was on a break, and yet his 'family mate' from the local village was shovelling free pizza down as fast as the chef could make it. BAD BAD service. Ruined my holiday and upset me immensely. Whoever owns the property you should be ashamed of yourselves.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
5  Thank emmakatebaker02
Corinne C, Director of Sales at Wellesley Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Emma, I am shocked to read your review. I have spoken with our Manager and she has advised that you were moved to a different room to try and make you happy. It is true there was an issue with the water - it was for a very short period on these evening and was rectified as soon as it was brought to our attention. You were offered toasted sandwiches and fruit when the kitchen was closed. The property is on the beach. The bedrooms are not located on the sand but are on land a few metres away from the beach. All the bedrooms are cleaned and serviced for guests arrival, complete with clean sheets on the beds and toiletries in the bathroom. We find it hard to believe that the staff would be rude and unwilling to help as they would always try to accommodate guests requests whenever possible and they moved you to a different room, which indicates to me that they tried to help. There is full satellite tv channels in all rooms and free internet is provided in public areas.