“Good pub food”

J B's Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 19 Restaurants in Kaslo
Reviewed 15 August 2015

Having just had the best fish and chips in my memory at Real Food Cafe in Creston, BC, I had to try the World Famous Fish and Chips at J B's Pub & Restaurant. I'm not sure what made these particular fish and chips world famous, but the were pretty darned good. In fairness, I'd say they were a small notch below Real Food Cafe, but pretty close.
This pub and restaurant is part of the Woodbury Resort & Marina about 4.7 km north of Ainsworth Hot Springs on Kootenay Lake. The restaurant is unassuming and informal, but a good place to relax with friends. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere decidedly relaxed. The food was good - better than we expected at this remote location with so little competition. Had we not been staying the night in the RV park, we would never have seen this place, let alone stopped for dinner, but it was a very pleasant dinner and I'm glad we found it.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Loved all the food, everything tasted homemade including the ice tea. Service was great too, highly recommend.

Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

Been going here for many years when we stayed at Woodbury resort. They make good pub style food and an excellent caesar salad. Always consistent and I will keep going back.

Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

The food was good, not gourmet but good. I tried the World famous Halibut and Chips and agree that Halibut is delicious.
Our waitress was very nice as most of those we've met while in BC.

Reviewed 12 June 2015

Say this huge sign when we pulled in the Ainsworth Hot Springs to try this restaurant. I went there on a Monday and it was not even open. Was very disappointed due to wanting to experience different food and ended up going back to the hotel to eat.