“Excellent View,Service and food!”
Review of El Cabito

El Cabito
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Las Galeras
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, View, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: El Cabito is an eco-friendly business, perched on the cliffs of Cabo Cabron, overlooking the spectacular Rincon Bay. It is a place where nature speaks for itself, and where one can feel a natural radiation of energy. Our vision for El Cabito is to create a place of tranquility and serenity, where people can unwind from a hectic lifestyle and connect with nature. Our strategically located restaurant and accommodations contribute to this unique experience. We have designed a number of flexible accommodation options to meet everyone's budget.
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Love this place, I stayed for two nights. The owner is a very nice man. He is living my dream. The place is a gem located in a very quiet location with a picture perfect view.

The service was very good. I can say they everything I can possibly want or need. The food was very good. I however, did not order the world class paella that many come to enjoy. I regretted not eating the paella because you can never have too many paella days.

Finally, I must say that the ownership and service of this little hotel is by far the best experienced I ever had at any hotel. I will be coming back to this little paradise and perhaps getting my own little place to live.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Yesterday I drove 2 1/2 hours, each way, to lunch at El Cabito located on an unpaved rocky road. The view was open ocean. One could not sit at the tables above the water because they are directly in the hot sun; no roof or umbrella. The menu choice was minimal and less than ordinary. We ordered Shrimp in garlic sauce and a plate of grilled vegetables. We received over cooked dry grilled shrimp with the shells and the veggie platter had four chunks of potatoes, one slice of red pepper and some shredded onion all bathed in a greasy and tasteless oil. We also ordered salad which the server said was unavailable even though later she did bring a salad to another table. The bill was outrageously expensive considering what we ordered. Last but not least, the wooden tables we’re peeling and splintered, the plastic chairs very unappealing and the most basic bathrooms designed like grade school stalls. If I had a choice I would not give this place one star.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

The sunsets from El Cabito are magical and impressive and so is chef Tomeu cooking!!!

( I ate their 3 times and the food was superb (sea food paella especially.

They don’t accepts credit cards so make sure to bring enough cash with you.

1  Thank 22NettaK
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

El Cabito is a very cool space to get some sunset drinks. The views were awesome and the drinks were tasty—we loved the Mojitos! The structure itself is built onto cliffs and the waves crash beneath you which is so cool! However, the structure itself is not very nice and could leave you feeling a little uneasy! They also have a watch dog that was going nuts the whole time which clearly scared some of the customers. Also, they raise livestock on the grounds and we had to see a lamb being gutted as we walked in. All in all, it is a great concept but they haven’t totally figured out how to make it feel good and tourist-friendly.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

We have been coming every year to Las Galeras since 2014. Each time we have visited El Cabito for dinner. This time to our disappointment we found a place which is completely run down. The location and its views is still spectacular, the food was tasty but pricy and the options from the menu were less. Although the price level is on the high side you cannot pay with credit card. The service people are not skilled at all and partly rude. On top of it the tenant arrived to his restaurant without wearing his shirt, speaking loudly to his employees using low level language and smoking in the kitchen. If these circumstances prevail unfortunately we will not go there again.