“Good option”

Chez Denise
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Las Galeras
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 12 April 2017

This place is well located in main street at las Galeras. We dined here twice during our week stay in town. The food was great, I ordered shrimp risotto in one night and dorado fish filet in the second night - both dishes were tasty. Service is really slow but I didn't care much as I was on vacation so no stress. Staff was friendly and attentive, even with my bad spanish. Overall it was a great choice!

Reviewed 28 February 2017

I'll start with the positives. Easy to reach, right in the main street of Las Galeras. Food was really good. Really really good.

But.... the food took about one and a half hours to be ready, and two of the plates we ordered were wrong. One was a beef carpaccio, and they prepared a fish carpaccio. The waitress admitted that it was HER mistake, but tried to convince us to eat it anyway because she didn't want her boss to yell at her (her words). The other one was a Beef fillet that was ordered medium well and was cooked rare. The waitress again tried to convince us to eat the almost raw beef to avoid getting in trouble.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Rica comida sin desperdicio, very delicious food its a must in las galeras, good service good value for your money , tomorrow i will go again...
Excelente facil de llegar buen servicio y la comida mucha variedad
Los servicios no son tan grandes pero se come bien ..
Food service are not so big , but it's plenty food

Reviewed 23 February 2017

Centrally located in tiny Las Galeras. The food was very good and well prepared. Excellent fillet of fish "alla siciliana" with finely chopped fresh tomatoes and local beans instead of capers. A delicious caribbean adaptation of a classic italian dish.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

Attentive staff/owner and no doubt one of the
better consistent places to eat in Las Galeras,
I hope they stay put for years to come. All
too many good restaurants come and go
here for what ever reason.

Centrally located on calle Principal, it is
easy to find and reach from anywhere in
town or surrounding bed and breakfasts.
I have only eaten here twice but look forward
to trying another item on the menu. They
do their best to keep you satisfied. Although I
did not give value highest rating as the
portion sizes could come up a bit, the
curry dish I had was a bit too low with food
and high volume with the curry sauce in
comparison.
Keeping that complaint in mind, slim portions
seems to be normal in most DR restaurants.