“Disappointing stay at the Ranch”
Review of B & B On The Ranch

B & B On The Ranch
Ranked #3 of 7 Port Perry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We were booked to stay for 7 days but only stayed for 3.
As so many people say, Barbara is an amazing woman for her age and does her best at running the B&B and looking after the Ranch and her horses but we got the impression that her horses come before her guests.
We have never had to share a bathroom with so many other people and it wasn't cleaned every day. Just once a week.
There are no locks on the guests doors and the house is left completely unlocked and unattended for hours when Barbara is off out and about with her horses.
We would have checked out earlier but everywhere close by was fully booked.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suzanne P

Reviewed 13 September 2016

What a wonderful B & B! My room (the garden room) walks out onto a patio overlooking 100 + acres farmland. Horses, chickens, turkeys, donkey and Beau the dog!
My bedroom had a comfortable queen bed, an ensuite bathroom, was tastefully decorated and very clean.
Barbara is a warm, personable host, with stories to share, and gave a tour of her horse barn of 9 horses. I collected eggs for my breakfast...and picked tomatoes, greens, and herbs from the abundant garden. The breakfast was delicious, starting with fresh fruit with cream, then the main course of eggs, basil, onion and tomato on toast with coffee and juice. I attended a wedding nearby, and Barbara kindly dropped me off!A highlight was a horseback ride and lesson, which was awesome! I will be back to enjoy this beautiful property again!

Room Tip: Pick the room at the back overlooking the back deck area or the suite above the barn
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Barbara is the star of the show, she is a lovely and warm person and you feel like one of the family as soon as you meet her. The deck is huge and you have free reign through-out the house, you can use the fridge if you need to and make yourself at home.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2016

We stayed in the loft for one night, this is not your usual B and B! It's a whole fab experience. Barbara is incredible, a fabulous host, she makes you feel very welcome. It's an incredible setting really close to Port Perry (just a few minutes by car) but the views from the place are fantastic. The loft is situated over the stables so expect to hear the horses, you access it via the barn but once inside the loft is amazing. Full of character, beds were comfy and it was well equipped, and spacious with a full kitchen (which we didn't use). There are all kinds of bits and pieces of history in the room. The breakfast was incredible. I eat a gluten free, but Barbara catered for me well. The whole place is friendly, we also met Barbara's son and her 2 dogs, cats and some of the horses, we collected the eggs for breakfast and ate greens from the veg patch. This is a fabulous place, a true gem. This is a a working ranch expect horse noises and farm smells, but it's all part of the experience. Thank you Barbara for a lovely but brief stay, and thanks for the pin badges.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 13 July 2016

I recently stayed at B&B On The Ranch with a friend of mine. We were there early in the week and were fortunate to be the only guests. That meant that we had everything catered to what we wanted, such as our pick of the room and what time we wanted to eat breakfast, etc. The best part though, was having time with the lovely host, Barb.
What a wonderful, interesting, creative and welcoming host she is! We were served a delicious and healthy breakfast, while enjoying discussions with her on many topics. She has a wicked sense of humour and a real zest for life.
I must admit, the B&B was very nice but meeting Barb and enjoying some great laughs with her was the highlight of my stay.
I would recommend this B&B to anyone who like to meet people and enjoy swapping stories!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Been to B & B On The Ranch? Share your experiences!