US$489
US$357
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$501/night.

Aloha Rasdhoo(Rasdhoo)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$75
Acqua Blu Rasdhoo(Rasdhoo)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$41
US$40
US$485
US$470
  • Pool
Starry Night at Ukulhas(Ukulhas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$38
US$36
Hotels.com
Holiday Heaven Ukulhas(Ukulhas)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$55
Hotels.com
Velidhu Island Resort(Velidhoo Island)
US$241
  • Beachfront
Gangehi Island Resort(Gangehi Island)
US$149
US$106
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

Nika Island Resort & Spa(Kudafolhudhoo Island)
US$220
US$55
Hotwire.com
1,898 results
All reviewsanantara velioverwater bungalowour honeymoonthai restaurantfishparadise on earthwater poolhalf boardsister islanddhoni barmale airportspecial thanksboat rideroom boyprivate islandmaldives resortprivate pool
Reviewed 27 June 2009

Compared to other 5 star resorts in the Maldives, Anantara really was so dissappointing. We moved to Anantara on the Second week of our holiday and within one hour I wanted to return to the other island we had been staying on .There was No privcay in the water villa, and very average rooms. The bathrooms dont even have a view on to the lagoon. !! I'm glad other people have had such fantastic holidays but they really dont know what they are missing on other islands. We upgraded and moved Islands.

I would certainly only class this resort as a 4 star. I really am so surprised there hasnt been other reviews stating this. Maybe that why there are so few reviews...

If you would like to ask me any questions please feel free to contact me. If you want a great Hotel book yourself into Baros ... We Couldnt fault a thing !

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CharlotteHon
ManishJha, Resort Manager, Anantara Veli Resort & Spa and Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa at Anantara Veli Maldives Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2009

Dear Anantara Guest,

Greetings from Anantara Veli and thank you for staying with us recently.

Firstly, I would like to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at Anantara Veli Resort & Spa earlier this month.

I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to write to us and share the concerns and frustrations that you encountered during your stay at the resort. We pride ourselves on ensuring that guests leave with a fond memory and a few wonderful stories of their stay at our resort. As you can imagine, I’m saddened to learn that we have failed on this occasion.

I recall speaking to you after your arrival at Veli and I offered an upgrade to Anantara Dhigu at no additional cost after evaluating your comments.

I do hope that your stay at Anantara Dhigu was a better experience and the design and layout met with your requirements. I also noticed that you have not mentioned our Naladhu property, I trust that you were impressed and enjoyed what was on offer with regards to total privacy, attention to detail, design and hope that the levels of service and the personal touch met with your requirements, another aspect of the resort which our guests truly enjoy.

Thank you for sharing your point of view with our readers, I am truly sorry we were not able to please you. I hope we will be presented a future opportunity to share with you the friendly, efficient Anantara Maldives hospitality.

We look forward to continue bringing more and more guests to Maldives

With kind regards,
Manish Jha
Resort Manager, Anantara Veli Resort & Spa and Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa

Reviewed 21 June 2009

Everything was perfect. The staff were fabulouse. Paradise on earth.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PedroSilvia
Reviewed 21 May 2009

We stayed on the island of Veligandu Huraa for two weeks in an overwater bungalow (not a deluxe overwater bungalow) before moving on to Dubai.

Veli was fantastic. The room was gorgeous, even down to the pillow menu with its choice of 8 different pillows.

The food in the restaurants is very high quality. My wife and I would both say that it compares favourably with some of the best restaurants that we have been to in London.

I have lots of pictures of the island, the restaurant (the food), the views and the activities.

The service was pretty good, let down only by the time that it takes staff to walk from the reception or restaurants to the room. We had one complaint while we were there about our bed not being changed one day and their response was to immediately replace our room boy with a different one. Needless to say, the bed got changed everyday from there on in.

The staff in the restaurants and by the pool were very friendly.

I think that the above reviews have been posted by people that have let one small bad experience ruin their whole holiday.

There are three islands in this anantara resort. These are Naladu (6 star), Veli (5 star) and Dhigu (5 star).

We didnt stay on Naladu or Dhigu and we didnt go to Naladu, but we would recommend Veli over Dhigu. On Veli there are only about 50ish water bungalows and no beach bungalows, so there are far fewer people on the island. On Dhigu there are at least double the number of water bungalows and a large number of beach bungalows as well. If your budget can stretch, we would recommend a water bungalow rather than a beach bungalow, and if you have the choice, have it on Veli rather than Dhigu.

On Veli you have a choice of three restaurants (thai restaurant) Baan Huraa, seafood/maldivian restaurant called 73 Degrees and a new restaurant called Gecko which was being built while we were on the island. I use the term build loosely as it seems to be two guys putting up one piece of wood per day for around 10 mins) although apparently this is now finished...!

You also get to use all the restaurants on Dhigu as well.

We went for the full board option, although to be honest, the food for lunch was probably wasted on us as the portions were so large, so it may be worth only going half board. If you go full board, your only inclusive lunchtime options if you are staying on Veli is the Dhoni bar on Veli or the grill restaurant on Dhigu. Despite being full board, we still managed to spend approximately $2000 on alcohol, trips, scuba, mini bar and wakeboarding so make sure you budget for about $500 per person per week spending money. Saying this, we did have wine with pretty much every evening meal and you could spend a lot less if you just drank beers.etc.

Overall we really enjoyed the honeymoon and we will post some pictures on here to show how good the normal overwater bungalow is. We requested a bungalow that had a good view by email to the resort. They send they could not confirm for sure but to email them two days in advance and they would note our preference.. when we got there we had a fantastic view, best one of all the overwater bungalows!

The only reason I have put 4 for value is that it is quite expensive and a service charge is added to everything. However, we knew this when we went there and the bill we were given was checked thoroughly and it was spot on!

The spa which I have seen complaints about on here was fantastic, it was set in the middle of the trees, the massage took place in a brand new room with my wife on the bed next to me, we couldnt recommend it more!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Andrew

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aplondon1981
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Anantara Maldives is an amazing place. We came here for our honeymoon and it exceeded all our expectations. We stayed at Veli, one of the three main islands. Our over water bungalow had a beautiful view of the indian ocean and we could step right down and snorkel amongst the fish and coral. The staff are very freindly and eager to please (as contrary to other reviews given on this site). The rooms are cleaned twice daily and plenty of free bottled water is supplied as well. Each night our bed was made and a little suprise was left (flowers, bath, chocolates, fruit or bailey's). The weather was warm. We only had a little rain on our first two days but then was moslty clear. The restraunts are expensive (as you would expect from a 5 star resort) but the meals are fantastic and plentiful. A dinner for two will cost anywhere between US$80-$180. Good variety with Thai, Italian, Japanese, Grill, Seafood and themed buffets. each night. Everything on the island is in $US currency. There is also a free business/internet centre for guests. I can highly recommend this resort for couples. Families are better suited to the other island, Dhigu. Veli is quieter and more romantic (no Kids!!).

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank pacmusic08
Reviewed 27 March 2009

The moment we landed in Malé we were in a different world of climate and service. We were immediately met and from this point didn't have to lift a finger and were led to our speed boat transfer. This was an amazing 30min ride and we were the first of 3 drop off's. Once again we were met by staff who welcomed us and took our luggage. We were taken to the reception area and given fresh (cold) juice and then a neck and shoulder massage to relax us after the journey! We were then taken to our Delux Over Water Bungalow (132) which had everything! We paid to upgrade before we went and felt this was well worth it. We spent a lot of our time here as it was so spacious. There are a choice of 5 Restuarants which were all first class with great variety and it was hard only going for a week as we would of liked to have gone back to all of them!
We could go on and on about how good this resort is but maybe because it was our first visit to the Maldives (won't be the last!)
All staff soon learn your name and cannot do enough for you.
The snorkelling area is amazing (my favourite part)
The only down point was flying with Sri Lankan, not the best service and quality in-flight we've experienced!
One packing tip - Don't take hight heels, not good for sand, boardwalks & speedboats!
Free snorkel gear to use too

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple