Lowest prices for your stay
US$125
US$110
Agoda.com
US$103
Hotels.comUS$110
TravelocityUS$110
Vio.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 July 2019 via mobile

Arrived on Monday July 1st to this little hotel, located opposite the railway station in Mjölby. Quick check in. Had booked a single room. Got a very small room with a 80 cm bed. The room was equipped with a TV, a closet, a small table and chair. A bathroom with shower. Both the room and bathroom were clean and nice.
Was not possible to get something to eat for lunch. The bar was open in the evening, wine to very reasonable prices. Good and rich breakfast. Very polite and friendly cleaning staff.
Quite expansive though. 1475 sek for a single room including breakfast

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Located right next to the train station, in walking distance to other good food places. Rooms are excellently cared for and clean. For a late night drink, the bar has some variety. Our time was too short to explore all the facilities of the hotel. But we had a very good impression and slept well.

Room tip: choose a room away from the train station
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhPSch
Reviewed 24 July 2017

The hotel is very conveniently situated right opposite the train station. The staff was very nice and helpful and the breakfast was nice. However the standard of the rooms were quite poor and very dated which makes it hard to clean and it feels dirty and if they are not considering a refurb in the near future they should consider lowering their prices (a lot!).
We had some interesting entertainment one evening where local youths hand out outside the train station and spent their time torching newspapers, it was quite amusing to watch and no one seemed to bat an eyelid.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Unless you pre book this hotel, don't expect a friendly reception. We arrived at 10pm with two small children needing a place to sleep and were rudely told to go away as they were 'closed' and couldn't help us.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

We came to Mjölby due to family emergency... we booked here to be as close as we could for one night. We also had a dog.
Once we got here and opened the door to the entrance of the hotel it looked clean and well maintained, it also looked somewhat newly renovated.
Check in was easy and fast and very friendly staff.
We got room 205, a corner room, then when we opened the door we chuckled some. I think the stairs took us through a portal back to a mix of 50'a to 80's!
The bathroom was for sure 50's60's.... the shower doors and corners could use a scrub. I took a shower after having spent several hours in the car and found that the shower dragged n could use a cleaning in way or bleach or a deodorant as it smelled like a dirty drain... But it did not look dirty however I did not dare look under the lid
The toilet was ok but nothing within the last several decades. Hair dryer in the hall way and that looked like the 1960's. The newest thing in the room was the ironing board and iron itself.
The colours were different and nothing in the room matched. The bed skirt was a shiny burgundy w white dots. The bed looked crooked but I think it was because of the bed skirt. The beds were ok, we both slept but like many king or queen beds in Sweden these were two small beds pushed together. Our dog got caught in the crack many times
Furniture was very outdated, the closet had a door missing, the hangers were way too big for the width of the free standing closet. The windows had no secure lock on them, so if you have a kid or even the dog one must make sure that the window is held my something so no accident happens.
My biggest pet peeve was the WIFI. Depending where one was in the room the wifi would or would not work. I was on the bed closes to the window and I was unable to watch videos on YouTube or FB because it was so weak. And oddly this was the first time I stayed in a room w a ceiling fan! But the fan worked well and made no noise.
Plus sides.... very quiet room and peaceful. Towels were nice and white. Had a bar fridge....very friendly staff!
Downsides: wifi, carpet on the floors, bathroom condition was way too old.

So so: was the breakfast... but the cold items were cold and warm was warm and it was clean and again staff very welcoming and friendly!

Overall I am not sure if the room looked the way it did due to being a pet room but I still would have liked a little nicer for the price we paid. Would I stay here again? Not if it was more than for one night. I would stay in Linköping and take the train. However if the room was to be updated and the same pricing I would stay again.

So it has some negatives but also positives. I have stayed in worse!

Date of stay: February 2017