3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$167
Booking.comUS$167
Trip.comUS$167
eDreamsUS$167
FindHotelUS$167
Destinia.comUS$198
1,453 results
All reviews pool bar puerto rico casino employees vacation palmas gina golf hurricane
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2021

We booked Wyndham Golf and Beach Resort because of the name and we were traveling with kids. We thought this will be a great place for kids to enjoy the beach and the pools. Once we get there we find the nearest beach for swimming is 30-50 minute drive away. The resort has no beach views and once you walk to the beach there are signs everywhere not to enter due to strong riptides. Not to mention the beach and water had so much seaweed and muck you couldn’t even walk in to your knees. The beach has never been cleaned. They shouldn’t advertise as beach resort if you can’t even use the beach. Then there was such limited staff that even the towel hut wasn’t open daily so to get new towels you had to go to reception daily and trade yours in. They even charged us $50 for parking which was an open lot and should have been included in the price of the rooms. Last the room felt a little cold. They have the bare minimum on coffee and also had to go daily to reception to ask for more packets. They also only had a mini trash can in the bathroom for a two bedroom. It was overflowing daily. They need more and better amenities for the cost of those rooms. Oh and the whole property is infested with Coqui (frogs). While it’s a sweet charm to hear a few they were everywhere and outside of the rooms. So loud we couldn’t fall asleep and even woke us at night. My kid even needed headphones to fall asleep— and this is a kid that can fall asleep to a loud TV just to give you an idea of how loud the Coqui were.

Date of stay: August 2021
3  Thank gsinnreich
Reviewed 30 July 2021 via mobile

I purposely seek out resorts because I normally have better experience with resorts but this one in particular just doesn’t get that we are paying for a service and an experience. Last night was the first night checking in and once we got there our family suite wasn’t available, so they gave us to separate rooms right next door to each other. We asked what was the reason for the family suite not being available and she said someone called us... first of all this isn’t answering my question and secondly we both had no missed calls. I have two small children so we ended up only using the one for the first night. Last night we wanted to go to the pool and needed extra towels so my hubby went and asked the lady at the front desk for some and she told him to go back to the pool area and check to see if there was some there and if there wasn’t to come back that she would ultimately give him towels... this was pure disrespect! Just give the man the towels. My husband isn’t confrontational so he came back and used the towels in our room. Mind you this is still day 1! We go to breakfast this morning and noticed that the lady in the front never gave us our vouchers for breakfast. Yet another error from the lady in the front! Overall nice well taken care of place. Gina in the restaurant was amazing and the young man that helped with our luggage’s was super nice but the service at the front desk has to be better! Adding to this review that the flyer shows that lunch at the marlin pool bar starts at 11am the bartender told us lunch wouldn’t start until 12 to his credit he is attending the bar and going back and forth to pick up the lunch from the restaurant. A simple fix on that flyer would alleviate so much confusion. Our room maintenance was super poor we came back to fresh towels and new toilet paper but the room wasn’t cleaned and our beds weren’t done... part of the resort fee is our in room phone usage and the phone inside the room doesn’t work. Our safety was not secured since The lock on the room door was broken. Positives: the servers at oregano criollo is the best thing this place has going! Here are some pics of simple fixes and cleaning that could have been done prior to our stay.

1  Thank Emandy-ram
Reviewed 26 July 2021 via mobile

Not a whyndam scale hotel. Terrible service at check in, maids. No towels no soap and I asked front desk five times! Maids said they are out of towels! Rooms are very basic, but bed and pillows are comfortable. I'm never stayed here again. But for an emergency stop for one night it's just ok.

Reviewed 25 July 2021

First of all, I stay before hurricane Maria a lot of time ago was the best service ever and the cleaning. They have to that time all inclusive. When I stay a couple a days ago was a bad experience in the service and the premises have short personnel, in
the restaurant was the worse let me explain in the dinner was to me that I expecting the best taste but wasn't to long wait not enough personnel for service, in the breakfast the same long wait worse meals lie in the menu when said fresh eggs please the difference between fresh and process eggs is notable in the tastes and apparency was awful. Was too expensive for just use the pool because the beach they don't clean the area couldn't use it. I use to enjoy stay but now they have to put a lot of effort to getting better.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 July 2021

Family vacation and we enjoyed the amenities of the hotel. Handled both pandemic and hurricane preparedness. We had to do a lot of self-service like cleaning our room, but just coming out of health restrictions with a hurricane looming staff proved up to the task

Review collected in partnership with this hotel