“A must if you love pizza.”
Review of Da Anna Maria

Da Anna Maria
Ranked #23 of 245 Restaurants in Chambery
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Two of us tried this restaurant after being turned away the previous night because they were fully booked. They only serve pizza, but what pizza; one of the best of all time. Excellent wine and great service. A must if you love pizza.

Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

I discovered the place via some French friends.
The oven, the small place the family run business!!!
Love the pizza, the Nutella pizza .. Love it all!!
Great service and for sure a must when in town!

Reviewed 13 April 2016

My girlfriend and I arrived late in the evening but we managed to get a table. This table was cramped in the corner upstairs which was excruciatingly hot which wasn't helped by the fact that no one came to take our drinks order let alone our food order for at least 25 minutes. Just as we were about to leave we finally got our order taken. As people began to leave the room cooled down and the pizza was great, I don't regret not leaving. I wouldn't go here for a romantic meal though as it was quite loud when it was full.

Reviewed 1 October 2015

It's a rather tiny place so best to book ahead…I was told that the wood fired pizzas at Da Anna Maria were the best in town…of course when expecting such a level you are often more critical, as when going to see THE movie everyone is rabbiting on about, but to be fair, I found mine (margarita with buffala mozzarella and fresh basil) fairly decent and tasty.
Nothing outstanding though, but I guess I was probably expecting a lot more due to my friend's recommendation.
The chef is passionate about recreating the real napolitan pizza, with real napolitan ingredients (you won't find your average french pizza menu and liberal adaptation of regional dishes such as tartiflette pizza or merguez pizza for instance…) but I guess it is all in his honour.
My favorite ingredient on a pizza being creamy melting goat cheese, I was somewhat disappointed, but understand that it is not something you would find on a traditional napolitan pizza, so…never mind!
I would return though. It's a good address and the service is fast and friendly, very clean bathroom (always a good sign!) and convenient central location in Chambery.
Oh, and good value for money too…you can choose between two sizes, I think the smaller size would have been fine as I really struggled to finish the regular one.

Reviewed 8 May 2015 via mobile

The pizza is very tasteful and fresh. The restaurant is small and at the first flour the temperature is a littlebit too hot. But because of the lovely pizza it is a good place for lunch.