2,057 results
All reviews golf course claret jug q hotels a la carte round of golf great golf golf shop play golf spa break golf weekend driving range two double beds in great condition evening meal swimming pool leisure facilities restaurant staff
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Good breakfast, nice pool, good spa and my wife really enjoyed her back/shoulder/neck massage and facial with Issie saying one of the best she has ever had. However, not impressed with sports bar / restaurant food. The steak sandwich was like eating rubber and as residents of the hotel, were unable to get a table in the main restaurant, being forced back to the sports bar, where we had had the bad lunchtime experience. It was my wife’s birthday, so the fact we were unable to get a table in the restaurant as a resident guest, was very poor. Not, in my opinion a four/five star resort �

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Seamus C, General Manager at Belton Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Simon W

Thank you for your recent review of our Resort.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast, leisure facilities and spa. However, I was very disappointed to learn overall that we did not meet your expectations and please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls on this occasion. We certainly do not wish any of our guests to leave us feeling disappointed. We do always strive to provide high levels of customer care with our main objective being to deliver excellent quality and service and I can see that, on this occasion, we did not meet our normal high standards. We are currently reviewing the entire food offering at our Resort and will be introducing new menus very soon which we hope will appease the majority of our valued patrons. If I can be of any assistance for anything in the future please do not hesitate to contact myself via email at scoen@qhotels.co.uk.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here last August with my daughter on an overnight spa break. Initially we were thrilled with the service and found all of the staff very helpful and polite. The room and spa facilities were fantastic. However, after eating lunch in the spa cafe I began to feel ill, which worsened over our stay and after we returned home. I definitely felt that this was due to the food served in the cafe, and this was confirmed when my daughter ordered the same meal the following day and the chicken was pink and uncooked. I did report this to the hotel after our departure and a food poisoning form was posted to me and my daughter; however, we didn’t receive this until a little while after the stay and as the form asked for specific details about our meals over a 3 day period we were unable to complete them. I would be very reluctant to stay at this hotel again due to this bad experience and the illness I experienced for many days after the stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 82julie1234

Dear 82julie 1234

Thank you for your review of our Resort when you stayed with us in August 17

I was very disappointed to learn overall that we did not meet your expectations and please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls on this occasion. We certainly do not wish any of our guests to leave us feeling disappointed. We do always strive to provide high levels of customer care with our main objective being to deliver excellent quality and service and I can see that, on this occasion, we did not meet our normal high standards. I have discussed your feedback with our DG,M to ensure this was a one off and not repeated moving forward. If I can be of any assistance for anything in the future please do not hesitate to contact myself via email at scoen@qhotels.co.uk.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Great service & hospitality from Anna at the outside Terrace overlooking the 18th. Fabulous view in 30° heat called for an ice cold coke.
Lovely setting, very pleasant, friendly & sociable member of staff. #Anna

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Seamus C, General Manager at Belton Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Grahamjhall22,

Thank you so much for your five star review of Belton Woods Claret Jug following your recent visit with us.

I am delighted that you had such a great time with us and received great service & hospitality from Anna. We strive to ensure we meet and exceed our guests expectations and your positive feedback is very much appreciated and will be well received by Anna. I do hope we will get the opportunity of welcoming you back to Belton Woods again very soon.

With kind regards

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my Partner go gym and swimming at belton woods weekly
after we always go for a drink at the bar
Just want to say the two girls there are brilliant
I believe its Anna and Paulina
They make us feel so welcome and always so friendly
Definitely recommend:)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Bella Z

Thank you so much for your five star review of Belton Woods Claret Jug following your recent visits with us after using our leisure facilities.

I am delighted that you had such a great time with us, and that you found the service from Anna & Paulinato be helpful and friendly. We strive to ensure we meet and exceed our guests expectations and your positive feedback is very much appreciated and will be well received by my team. I do hope we will get the opportunity of welcoming you back to Claret Jug again very soon.

With kind regards

Reviewed 25 June 2018

My son booked an afternoon tea here for 2.30pm. We arrived at 2.20 no one greeted us in the restaurant till we were told to speak to the barman, he told us we were 5 mins early but take a seat, he brought the tea pots after a few mins and we sat and waited for the food........and waited......and waited......and waited, no one came to explain the delay the barman just mouthed from the bar that it was on its way, after 3\4hr, cold tea and still no apology we got up and left, on the way out the barman said it's just on its way!!!!! We were the only ones there too, so not even busy!!! Not recommended!!!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jill H
Seamus C, General Manager at Belton Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Jill H

Thank you for your recent review of our Resort.

I was very disappointed to learn overall that we did not meet your expectations with reference to your afternoon tea and please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls on this occasion. We certainly do not wish any of our guests to leave us feeling disappointed. We do always strive to provide high levels of customer care with our main objective being to deliver excellent quality and service. I would like to follow up on this with you and can be reached via email at scoen@qhotels.co.uk. Looking forward to hearing from you and inviting you back so that you can experience a real positive afternoon tea with us.