All reviews santa safari great fun reindeer camp northern lights thermal suits and boots the main hotel frozen river petrol station across the bridge husky ride transun rep arctic circle ice hotel fantastic holiday recommend this trip once in a lifetime snow mobiles
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Have just returned home from the davvi artic and had an absolutely fantastic time, we stayed in a lodge which I would highly recommend, think most have private saunas which was a bonus, didn’t have any issues with the food, we actually enjoyed it and it kept us going through out the day, breakfast was usually cereal, eggs bacon sausage, also toast and marmalade, lunch were goulash or chilli or some form of stew with potatoes, and dinner small salad, some form of protein, potatoes and veg, we booked with transun and all the activities were very well organised, couldn’t fault any of the reps , always around to answer any questions you might have, a little tip I would give is take plenty of handwarmers they were a godsend , considering everything that was included this was I feel well worth the money, we’ve had quite a artic adventure

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

After reading all the bad reviews we were very apprehensive about the trip! However from the moment we arrived our concerns were put to rest .
The hotel could do with sprucing up however it is more than liveable , the rooms are basic do not expect 5 star luxury but expect comfort and warmth . The food is not as bad as I expected being a very critical chef , it is warm wholesome home cooking. The staff in and around the hotel are all lovely very polite and professional.
The hotel grounds are truly beautiful yes it is out in the middle of nowhere with only a petrol station being a local ammenity but that's what makes it so perfect.
My advice for this destination is make sure you take a sledge up the big hill behind the cabins , explore the local area, walk to Sweden (Only a 20 min walk away) take a few snacks for the room (squeezey squash to drink) , take plenty of layers and finally go in with an open mind !
Just a few bits, the transfer from enontekkio airport is about 45 mins, walk to Sweden is about 20 mins , a coke from the hotel is €3 a beer €7 .
On a whole this is a magical destination with wonderful staff and a wonderful hotel I'm sure this won't be our last visit to the Davvi . Thank you !

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2018

We stayed here as a family of four from the 27th-30th Dec. The trips were well executed and great fun. There was a lot of waiting around as we were ferried in large coach’s but there was always somewhere warm(ish) to wait. The cabins were basic but adequate and most importantly warm ! The reps were friendly and helpful, the children especially enjoyed the disco provided by the staff on the last night. Meal times were a nightmare, never anywhere to sit with no real waiting area , you’d be sat eating you dinner with other families standing at the end of your table waiting for you to finish. Food was not often replenished and this caused more chaos with people waiting for food. Our main issue with the whole holiday was departure day. You have to vacate your cabin by 9am you are told to take all your cases etc to the main reception , there is no secure area to leave them, there is a small ‘entertainment room’ which by 8.45 was was jam packed and we was asked to leave our cases in the dining room. There was absolutely no where to sit (bearing in mind we would not be collected by coaches till 1.45pm and it was -27 outside) our son is disabled and he sat on the floor. All dining tables where taken by families from 9am to store their belongings and have somewhere to sit (there are only enough tables for about half of the customers) Come lunch time there were no tables free and many of us had to resort to a roll on our laps on the floor. When you’ve paid nearly £5k for three nights you expect to have your cabin until you leave or at the very least midday. Can I suggest you split meals into two timed sittings. Our friends stayed in Levi at the same time as us and had their cabins until they left for the airport at 3pm. When we rebook we will go there becuase Lapland is a magical place and it was only the hotel that let it down.

Date of stay: December 2017
4  Thank AmyH2600
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We travelled as a group of 8 for my 50th celebrations. The trip from start to finish was amazing and very well organised. We stayed in the Fell House which was basic but served our needs for sleeping, showering and warming up. The hotel was a short walk away from the Fell House down a little pathway which was well lit. The hotel itself was traditional, the staff very helpful and pleasant. Meal times served food that was wholesome which is all you need in the extreme temperatures. If you required anything other than what was served - just ask and the chef will do his upmost to cook the required food. Nothing was a problem. The excursions which included husky sleighing - my absolute favourite activity. I drove my team of dogs with my son in the sledge - lots to think of while driving but the dogs are so well trained that if you do fall off as I did down a steep hill -yelling stop at the top of your lungs will stop the dogs and the poor instructor in front :). Activities also included reindeer herding/sleigh ride, trekking and snowmobiling. All were well organised and enjoyable. The snowmobiling wasn’t my cup of tea but most of our group thoroughly enjoyed it even though it was -25 on the frozen river and tears were freezing as you rode. After trying to drive the snowmobile and not feeling comfortable my friend and I and our younger sons rode in the sledge behind the instructor and it was even colder because of the wind chill. Ensure you put as many layers as possible on, cover your face as much as possible and wear 3 pairs of thermal socks. Place hand warmers wherever you can place them on your body! It was COLD! Also if you have goggles wear them or try and get a helmet with a visor. That particular evening the skies were clear and the aurora started to form. By the time we got back -quick change of clothes and up the hill to the viewing point the Aurora Borealis gave us a show. This was the icing on the cake to a truly awesome experience that myself, family and friends will never forget. Thank you Davii, Transun and all your staff for making this so amazing.

4  Thank SURREYSK
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

This is a fantastic friendly hotel. The owner Manager is always avalible and helpful and likes to speak to everyone and ensure they are enjoying thier stay. The staff are all friendly and helpful. The food was good with a range for everyone. We stayed in the cabins which I would recommend to pay the extra if you di as you get your own space and Sauna which you dont get it the hotel rooms. The only thing that would improve it was if you got free hot drinks at mealtimes as you only get it at breakfast. But I would recommend the hotel to anyone

Date of stay: December 2017